Are the AIs all "Warriors"?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
difool
Peasant
Peasant

Are the AIs all "Warriors"?

Unread postby difool » 10 Feb 2008, 02:52

Because man they don't mess around and come right for your throat. I am of course referring to the 3 AI types found in Heroes3, but even then the "Warrior" AI there wasn't a 1/3rd as aggressive as this one is. I was playing one map (a default scenario, on Hard) which was a 3 way FFA, with islands with tons of goodies on them. The AI completely ignored the islands and kept trying to invade me; the H3 AI would most certainly explore the islands if given the choice. I myself was unable to invade the islands because the instant I did all these AI heroes came out of the woodwork and landed on my shores. I like to savor a map and sample all the goodies (I am an "Explorer" combined a bit with "Builder"), but this AI won't let me-makes for a shorter but less rewarding gaming experience.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 10 Feb 2008, 03:00

You're playing on hard, that should tell you everything. The AI cheats and can afford to buy out his whole supply of creatures and seems to prefer to go after the human player before going after the computer. My playing style is much the same as yours, and let's just say that such AI behaviour is highly annoying. Wish it would :stop:!
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Mlai
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mlai » 10 Feb 2008, 20:46

Try the H5 AI mod found in the modding subforum. I think it curbs the cheating.

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 11 Feb 2008, 08:55

To answer your question, the H5 Ai is not always warrior. It will randomly be warrior,explorer, builder or victim. I haven't got any info about the differences in heroes 5. I only know these settings can be used by mapmakers.

Here is the link to the mod that creates a hard level without cheating:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24772

difool
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby difool » 11 Feb 2008, 15:20

"Victim", eh? :rofl: Thanks for the link. So far the map editor is a completely Byzantine creation (has to be I guess to allow for true 3D terrain), but I figured those AI types might be lurking in there (unlike H3 there's no information on them in-game, in the Thieves' Guild).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”