Question about the ability "Battle Commander"

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Dargeron
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Question about the ability "Battle Commander"

Unread postby Dargeron » 09 Feb 2008, 13:34

Hi there, I have a question about the capacity "Battle Commander" for the Sylvans (Leadership).

Basically, I have no clue about how to make it work. I get the +2 attack, of course, but I simply don't get the War Dancers. I know I should be receiving an increasing number of war dancers as the weeks go on, but from week 1 I never received a single one.
Is there anything I'm missing out? I've tried leaving empty room on my Heroe army, I've tried staying at the city, I've tried everything. From week 1 I upgraded the blade dancer building, but I'm still waiting for the War Dancers to appear.

I'll be waiting for your answers, thanks a lot in advance! ^^

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 09 Feb 2008, 15:15

Hi there and welcome to the Round Table.

I have never picked that perk myself, but it seems strange that you're not getting any war dancers.

Are you sure they're not added to your existing stack and you merely didn't notice? Either that or it's a glitch, I guess.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 09 Feb 2008, 15:38

As I replied to you on the spanish forums, the manual doesn't say anything about a weekly growth of creatures for the hero. That perks gives an amount of troops when you pick it and that amount depends on the advanced state of the game, nothing more.
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Dargeron
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dargeron » 09 Feb 2008, 16:17

Yeah, you're right Lepastur. I misunderstood the manual cause it says it gives 10 Dancers on the first week, 20 on the third, 30 on the fifth... I thought this meant that you get Dancers every week, but it's as you say: you receive Dancers only one time (when you obtain the Capacity) and the manual is telling the number of Dancers you receive at this one time.

Thanks! ^^

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 11 Feb 2008, 07:23

Dargeron wrote:Yeah, you're right Lepastur. I misunderstood the manual cause it says it gives 10 Dancers on the first week, 20 on the third, 30 on the fifth... I thought this meant that you get Dancers every week, but it's as you say: you receive Dancers only one time (when you obtain the Capacity) and the manual is telling the number of Dancers you receive at this one time.
How interesting! What happens if you learn this perk, then use a Memory Mentor to unlearn it? What will happen if you relearn it a few weeks later?

Dacarnix_
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dacarnix_ » 11 Feb 2008, 21:48

danhvo wrote:How interesting! What happens if you learn this perk, then use a Memory Mentor to unlearn it? What will happen if you relearn it a few weeks later?
If the map includes a Memory Mentor, then you can abuse this to get loads of War Dancers. You can also use the Memory Mentor to get lots of goblins with Defend Us All.

The Memory Mentor is definitely abusable, and it's not recommended for multi-player. For single-player, though, you can make the game as easy or hard as you want with game-play options anyway, so abuses like these Memory Mentor tricks really aren't a big deal.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 12 Feb 2008, 15:40

Defend us all is nice on large maps with horde's anger.

My first thought was to agree that the memory mentor would be bad for multi but in practice, there's not enough gold for it to make such a difference.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Feb 2008, 20:10

Anyone else find it annoying that you don't get anything if you don't have any room?!

Is it really that hard to do it like in H4 and just have them appear the next time there is room between turns at the amount for the week that you acquired the perk?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”