The ultimate powergaming thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

The ultimate powergaming thread

Unread postby Warmonger » 09 Feb 2008, 09:48

I need to say the thing I like at most while playing any game is the feel of POWER. In Heroes saga it seems to be easily reachable, though I can't find too much content which could help in this matter.

So, here's the wishlist from which I suppose you all could have some benefits ;)
-
Maps which include a LOTS of big battles, bonuses, castles etc. and not end effectively during the half of gameplay. It should also give some time to develop your army before you're in danger, which should be adequately challenging.

To give you a better view on this issue, here're some expamles:
Beltway - 13 castles on average-size map with only three players and lots of time to develop your hero and army. Luckily it's none of one-shot scenarios.
Fury of The Elements - Go straight forward and gather large Sylvan Army with complications. The disadvantage is impossibility to choose your hero and unsatisfactory final battle.
Rakshasa's Revolt - Similar to above, but features lots of thought and well-planned battles. One of the bets map ever created.
Tears of a Bride - hardly playable, but ridiculously intense scenario which shows the domination of magic over might.
Hero Le Fou - Tiny and pretty random, but full of content. That's what I like at most.

Now, mods.
What are the nice mods to get more units, more experience, develop your favourite skill set faster? I have no idea at this point so far.

Post your favourite choices and tips!
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 09 Feb 2008, 16:41

there was a mod that made all neutral creature stacks bigger (200 sceletons for 1 wood mine etc.)
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 11 Feb 2008, 09:06

What are the nice mods to get more units, more experience, develop your favourite skill set faster?
Since Nival rebalanced the ultimate skill path, there are no such mods created after Toe, because in most cases the simply destroy they balance of the game. If you are looking for a balanced increase in creature stack sizes you can use this mod:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24772

This mod also makes the computer player concentrate it's power more in one hero (so you meet bigger armies), improves performance on xl-maps and does several AI-improvements.

I like to play huge epic battles just like you, but I want to start off from level 1 in a balanced way. I recently created a map that provides such gameplay. It has hundreds of huge mixed neutral stacks to keep things interesting in late game. It is part of a mod but can be played without it. You can download it here:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24665

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 16 Feb 2008, 12:08

I find this one really great

Tapani's Random Map Generator
Mostly for the richness and monster power setting which can be turned up a lot! Never before have I seen legions to be "little" challenging.
Truly saying, I find 136x136 maps or smaller impassable on OMFG settings even with pr0 creeping necromancer. Will chceck the bigger ones soon.

Unfortunatelly it doesn't feature ToE content, I try o find out how to edit generated maps atm.
Since Nival rebalanced the ultimate skill path, there are no such mods created after Toe, because in most cases the simply destroy they balance of the game.
I don't worry about the balance too much as long a sit's fun to play.
And I didn't mean the skill modifications but sufficient amout of exp to reach 30th level before game ends.

All in all, current exp table is ridiculous. Anyone tried modifying it?
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”