Proposals for next patch

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Feb 2008, 16:16

IMO they loose too much rage and absorb way too much dmg... i recall several times when no creature was killed while losing some 300 rage... i'd prefer if i could get to higher rage lvls easier but the units couldn't just take all that punishment without a scratch.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ohma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ohma » 16 Feb 2008, 17:32

ThunderTitan wrote:IMO they loose too much rage and absorb way too much dmg... i recall several times when no creature was killed while losing some 300 rage... i'd prefer if i could get to higher rage lvls easier but the units couldn't just take all that punishment without a scratch.
Yeah that's what I was trying to get at...but in a much more roundabout way than your solution. It just seems like since the barbs already gain rage for just about everything (save standing still), and that their heroes can totally screw over magic using heroes, that making rage absorb damage (at least as much as it does) goes a bit too far. Particularly since in a map I just finished (where I was playing both sides just for the heck of it) the defending barbarians (who were at less than a quarter of their original troop strength having lost two whole stacks and most of the troops in the remaining stacks as well while taking the castle) completly steamrolled the (comparativley) gigantic necromancer army while losing all of a of about 20 creatures.
Free IO!!
Cheng I Sao r0xx0rz my 50xx0rz!!
Glory to the Many!
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." -Pravin Lal
We're *ALL* Devo!

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 16 Feb 2008, 17:56

I think that Cleansing should remove rage from enemy creatures. Something like 25% with no mastery, 50% with basic, 75% with advanced and 100% with Expert. Creature abilities like Harm Touch should also remove Rage. And Dungeon should have some specific way of removing Rage, as they currently struggle the most against Stronghold armies.

Sky Daughters should then be given some kind of Cleansing spell to make up for this.

HOMMV_N00B
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HOMMV_N00B » 16 Feb 2008, 23:22

1) How did you beat that much enemy units with so little units yourself? replay maybe?
2) I understand you want more diversity. But if you give it sky daughters, you must choose a clearly weaker unit, because of a spell it can cast. If you want to give it to them, I would make them even more powerfull, because I don't think I would pick them, even if they had this cleansing ability. Unless playing a 1vs1 against a dark magic school.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 17 Feb 2008, 01:44

What if they gave the Goblin Witchdoctor some form of Cleansing? Most people go for the Trappers because their current special isn't as useful. Surely this would at least make people think about getting them.
ThunderTitam wrote:Oh, and the Orcs need more Shouts... maybe even one with a 50% chance of dispelling enemy spells (limit it in that if it works on one creature the next creature fails it).
More shouts are definitely needed. It's ridiculous that there be only 6 of them, compared with the number of Runes and Spells there are.
What if there was a Barbarian skill where they sacrificed a unit's Rage to remove (or at least reduce the duration of) hexes? It wouldn't be overpowered, as it would only go on one unit at a time, and also helps with the issue regarding damage-absorbing Rage.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 17 Feb 2008, 01:46

What if they gave the Witchdoctor some form of Cleansing? Most people go for the Trappers because their current special isn't as useful. Surely this would at least make people think about getting them.
ThunderTitam wrote:Oh, and the Orcs need more Shouts... maybe even one with a 50% chance of dispelling enemy spells (limit it in that if it works on one creature the next creature fails it).
More shouts are definitely needed. It's ridiculous that there be only 6 of them, compared with the number of Runes and Spells there are. What if the Barbarian could summon creatures? Nothing magical, but couldn't they train wolves or something? Any excuse for new neutrals!
What if there was a Barbarian skill where they sacrificed a unit's Rage to remove (or at least reduce the duration of) hexes? It wouldn't be overpowered, as it would only go on one unit at a time, and also helps with the issue regarding damage-absorbing Rage.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 17 Feb 2008, 02:01

If cleansing were to be granted to a unit, I would much rather see it on the sky daughters, because I for one find goblin witch doctors very much useful in mid to late game when there are dangerous spellcasters lurking about, and I'd rather have a chance of disrupting their spell than a chance to stop one of their units in its tracks.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Mlai
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mlai » 17 Feb 2008, 16:32

Yup in a castle siege vs enemy hero, I always take Witchdoctors.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 17 Feb 2008, 17:54

Well, taking the witch doctors when defending a castle should be a no brainer, since there will be little to no use for setting traps. But even in regular battles I find the witch doctors more useful in late game to avoid potentially catastrophic enemy spells such as puppet master or divine vengeance.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 18 Feb 2008, 19:22

1. Some graphic fixes - like entrance to Haven Castle or to Academy City Hall.

2. Change level up skill and abillity choise chances.
I had again (I don't know which time it was) choise three times a row this same abilities to choose - of course none of them was what I wanted.
This situation repeats in all version of all three games (HV, FoH, ToE), in all patches from patch 1.1 (when Nival changed skillwheel chances for skills to show up).

3. It would be nice if Dark Energy can regenerate at begining of a new day, not at begining of a new week. Of course, it also request change of DE points for use.

4. Don't give new bugs to campigns with all new patches. Or just quick release (one-two weeks) patch which fix new bugs.
But I suppose it would be too dificult for Ubival.

5. And more...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”