LotA Book 2 Feedback

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
shep61
Peasant
Peasant

LotA Book 2 Feedback

Unread postby shep61 » 07 Feb 2008, 16:36

The long awaited Book 2 of LotA is out! After finishing the first mission and trying the second, here are some observations:

- The first mission was too easy. I played on hard and still never lost a unit in any fight. Most AI units never got a shot off!

- The first map is large with a lot of running around, fighting neutral stacks, picking up units, and such. Kind of boring.

- The story is good and has promise.

- Tried the second mission five times. Was attacked by a ridiculous Red army (200 Minotaur Guards, 50 Deep Hydras, etc.) in day 4-5 of week 1 every time. No way to win that fight with an army barely out of the gates. Either I'm missing something or this will stop everyone from progressing on this campaign. I welcome advice from anyone here.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 07 Feb 2008, 18:02

I still didn't play it, but perhaps you must use th esame tactics AgRaelag had: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 07 Feb 2008, 19:15

Stay on the move to gather levels and prolong the fight of course :) Do not attack until you are strong enough or you find good artifacts in the artifact merchants. Just keep breaking the garrisons and uncovering the map.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 08 Feb 2008, 07:42

um....I get attacked before I get to the first garrison and there is nowhere to run. I'm in a dead end path, where my starting city sits. Did you get to the first garrison without getting attacked?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 08 Feb 2008, 10:26

No he appeared when I was in front of it and I even took my time to capture the mines.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 16 Feb 2008, 12:30

Somebody will need to make a walkthrough for 2nd map because I ain't good at logistics (not in hero-skills way, but in "avoid being attacked" way).
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

evgeny78
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby evgeny78 » 17 Feb 2008, 17:21

Can anybody help me with third mission
I stuck with Stela of kaos. It needs from me know some spell (destructive magic I guess), but I have no idea where to find it.

Hope it's a right thread to ask such questions :)

durin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby durin » 18 Feb 2008, 22:01

You need to know Armageddon. You need to learn it from your initial towns Mage guild or attack the Mage Vault, Dragon Utopia or Pyramid in the area until you get it.

evgeny78
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby evgeny78 » 23 Feb 2008, 20:12

Thank you

Darrow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mission 2

Unread postby Darrow » 02 Mar 2008, 19:47

How do you take out 25-35 2200+ HP Minotaur Guards residing in the garrisons with the puny army we get at the start?

Andros
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

LotA book 2 3rd map

Unread postby Andros » 17 Jun 2008, 10:39

Hi, I need help with the Stela of Life (Estorica) - it requires me to find a way to bring someone back to life...

I realize it must be Resurrection and that's why there is a witch hut who teachs Light magic, but I don't have the spell...

My Towns can't have resurrection, I attacked the dragon utopia, the mages and the pyramids 5 times each and no luck...

Am I missing somthing?

Thanks

For those who asked about the 2nd map,
Darkstorm appears at day 4 hence you should take whatever you can at the start of day 2 (use the first day to take the lumber mill and the ore pit)
and attack the first garrison - DO NOT forget to buy war machines as they some times tip the balance - the general idea of this map is run and hide - it is a tactical map not always you should use all your movement as you are a bit faster than DS (you start with expert logistics) some of the portals take you back to the start it's OK that is the way to reinforcement (using a second hero to bring the troops to the garrison)
after some time DS will take your city this is the time to attack his (preferbly on the first day of the week for maximum advantage) when you'll have enough dark raiders and deep hydras chose which castle you prefer, fortify yourself there and let him attack you, he has ALOT of spell power but no mana at all so if you are lucky (as I was) let some Imps join you to take the sting of his spells.
I used alot of Phantom image on my raiders as his troops has some protection from elemental magic (maybe a perk he has maybe an artifact).
Good luck in this extreamly enjoyable scenario.

Darrow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

LoTA 2 Soul Maze

Unread postby Darrow » 19 Jun 2008, 02:12

Andros:

At what level did you play this mission? I am playing at "Hard" and can put together an army of (approximately) 90+ Assassins, 50+ Blood Furies, and 20+ Dark Raiders just before DS arrives. The first garrison has 80 Minotaurs / Minotaur Guards and one group of 15 "special" Minotaur Guards that have 2200 hit points apiece! Harke can do about 1780 HP in damage with his arrow and between the BFs and Assassins I get enough extra damage to take out ONE of these special guards per turn (who, BTW, can cross the field and strike in the back row in one turn). In the six times that I have tried I defeated this garrison once, losing almost all of my army. My reward was a next garrison that had 25 of these "special" MGs.

How in the world can we be expected to advance past this mission? :|

Sancryu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

2nd mission

Unread postby Sancryu » 12 Jul 2008, 20:03

for the 2nd mission where u have to defeat darkstorm and that other dude. i was able to kill them with about 90 assasin, 35 blood fury and some of other tier creature(meat shield against spells).
Spells i got that saved me was raise dead.

first thing i did when defending was destroying the catapult before any pieces of the wall break

placing bloodfuries near the gate so they can go out and hit stuff and return behind the gate.

assasins snipe down the range attackers.

after a few rounds they only got melee attackers left and their heroes will be out of mana to cast anything.

use raise dead and resurrect all the bloodfuries and assasins.
the hero's normal attack damage is rounded according to the hp of ur creature so u wont lose a lot of bloodfuries when he attack. so u can raise dead every few turns to keep ur damage to the max

i was able to hold the castle but the fight was very long

Return to “Heroes V-VI”