The Return of the King (new XXXL map)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 23 Feb 2008, 19:52

The objects show up in my game... Here's how the town in the frst screen (above) should look like:

The black tower is a blank object (no function) and represents Orthanc, Saruman's tower.

Parcaleste, what about Sauron's Barad-dur - does it look like a demolished Inferno or not?
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 23 Feb 2008, 20:00

What about eyecandies? Lepastur, do you have them ON or OFF?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 23 Feb 2008, 21:36

Yup, this one I see, but still no Orthanc...

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 23 Feb 2008, 22:59

OK, thanks. So it's the Necropolis blank objects... Eyecandies on or off?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 24 Feb 2008, 07:27

Off :) Sucky memo-card :(

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 24 Feb 2008, 16:47

parcaleste wrote:Off :)
That might be it.

This map should be played with eyecandies ON. ;)
Sucky memo-card[/i] :(
Mine isn't great either, but I haven't noticed the card is the problem... If I lower the resolution, the map runs smoothly.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 11 Mar 2008, 07:31

Help! I cannot get rid of your map. I deleted everything in my maps folder. I deleted all my saved games. I deleted all my profiles. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Your map still shows up and I can still start a new game with it.

How does the game do this? Where the heck does it find your map? I thought the maps folder is the only place it looks. This is driving me insane.

I was told that the presence of your map is messing other custom maps that I want to play. Please tell me how to remove it.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 11 Mar 2008, 18:01

danhvo wrote:I was told that the presence of your map is messing other custom maps that I want to play. Please tell me how to remove it.

I was just about to ask about this. Does this map have any special scripts that affect other maps in the directory?

I know this isn't the map makers fault and this falls squarely on the shoulders of Nival who overlooked this problem, but I hate downloading maps that affect the other maps in the game.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 11 Mar 2008, 18:26

The map has no scripts whatsoever but modifies some shared files. It's like any other map/mod.

The scenario cannot affect your game if you reinstalled it... I dunno, try to manually delete any remaining files after uninstallation (not just in your Heroes folder, but also in My Games and such). No idea really.

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 12 Mar 2008, 01:42

Eyescandies were off, so it's confirmed (when a whole model is an eyecandy since, Nival? I can understand somethings like smoke and such effects could be so, but this...). Thanks for your time and effort Vlaad, after all you have something new to include on the readme file :-D I'll do so for the spanish community. I'll publish the map soon and I'll give you a note by mail ;)

Regarding the MOD troubles, just get used to play with the map you want to use, nothing more. Anyway, it gives no errors to me.

Till next time!
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 12 Mar 2008, 03:08

@danhvo, if you have taken the map out and you don't have anything in the usermods folder...maybe you should start a new profile?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”