Retraining Heroes

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Katamari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Retraining Heroes

Unread postby Katamari » 08 Jan 2008, 23:00

I got TotE only about a week ago, but have had Heroes V for about a year.
The point is, in the paper manual, it says under new features that you can build a building in your towns to retrain your heroes.
I still haven't been able to find it after playing several complete games and trying everything.
Can anyone tell me if the pamphlet is lying or if I'm misssing something obvious?
"Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
-Anonymous

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 08 Jan 2008, 23:16

The only retraining I know of is retraining of creature upgrades.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Dacarnix_
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Retraining Heroes

Unread postby Dacarnix_ » 08 Jan 2008, 23:53

Katamari wrote:I got TotE only about a week ago, but have had Heroes V for about a year.
The point is, in the paper manual, it says under new features that you can build a building in your towns to retrain your heroes.
I still haven't been able to find it after playing several complete games and trying everything.
Can anyone tell me if the pamphlet is lying or if I'm misssing something obvious?
I'm pretty sure they mean the "Memory Mentor" tent. It's not a building that you build in town but rather a Neutral building (like the Den of Thieves or Hill Fort).

Unfortunately, they're only present on a select few maps, so odds are good that the map you're playing simply doesn't have one.

Katamari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Katamari » 09 Jan 2008, 02:19

I hate it when a game manual lies to me, but I think you are right.
TotE Instruction manual wrote: Memory Mentor is a brand new special building that can be built in your towns. It allows your heroes to retrain their skills and abilities. However a hero's primary attributes...
You think they could have fixed that one way or the other. They really had my hopes up.
"Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
-Anonymous

SventheCrusader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SventheCrusader » 10 Jan 2008, 04:56

The Memory Mentor, yeah. Comes in unbelievably handy when a hero starts off with a crappy skill.
Sven Svensson, the Crusader:

One man who really needs to stay committed to this "sticking around" thing.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 10 Jan 2008, 06:07

No. As far as I know you can't change the skills and abilities a hero starts with because you cannot retrain a hero lower than level 1.
ZZZzzzz....

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 11 Jan 2008, 06:54

Actually you CAN change the starting skill, but only after you have leveled up a bit so that removing this particular skill won't bring your hero below level 1.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”