Logistics?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
GrowlingDog
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby GrowlingDog » 25 Jan 2008, 12:23

Ok, well i think the TP in H3 was too powerful because you could town portal to all your towns in 1 day. I'd like to see TP in H5 available at 1st stage at lvl 12. Would allow you to TP to nearest town but you would lose all movement points. At lvl 18, 2nd stage, i think you should be able to TP to any town but you lose all movement. Finally at lvl 3 TP which you would get at lvl 25 you could TP to any town AND back then lose all your movement points. Would it be unbalanced? Well, if everyone can do it, no. Would it make the game more fun? For me, a big huge YES!!!!!!
Ok, how about that idea?
p.s please try and stay on topic

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 25 Jan 2008, 12:42

I believe that losing all of your movement points while TP-ing is the most right decision in every situation :) Otherways it becomes too much unbalanced (and I mean strong).

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 25 Jan 2008, 12:56

You lose all your REMAINING movement points. So that means, if you TP at the end of turn (i.e. after spending all the movement), you lose nothing. Feels a bit wrong, especially considering other adventure spells (Summon Creatures, Instant Travel) won't work if your movement is spent.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 25 Jan 2008, 13:40

Well what's wrong if you have to had some % of Movement Points to do the spell at all? Like I think Summon Creatures doesn't need that MP's lost - you have enough lost (something) with the mana you spend for the monsters (esp. if you need some high numbers).

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 25 Jan 2008, 21:14

I believe you can't cast TP if you have no movement points. Sometimes (quite often) though, you have some movement points, but not enough to move 1 square, yet enough to cast TP...

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 26 Jan 2008, 13:57

The only case when you cannot cast TP (excluding things like not having enough mana or not knowing the spell) is when your nearest town has a visiting hero. You can cast it even if your movement points are at 0.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 26 Jan 2008, 17:34

yuritch wrote:The only case when you cannot cast TP (excluding things like not having enough mana or not knowing the spell) is when your nearest town has a visiting hero. You can cast it even if your movement points are at 0.
Incorrect! You can't cast it and when you are on a boat ;)

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 28 Jan 2008, 20:53

tumorbane wrote: I've been thinking a lot about the town portal issue. Yes, I like that no one (even me) can go to any town like in HIII with expert earth and town portal, but I hate when I capture another town and it means I can no longer TP back to home base without moving towards it a lot. A fair compromise I think would be at level 15 or so you get the current town portal spell and at level 20 or so you get a spell that will take you back to the town where you built your capitol.
We are probably straying from the thread, but if no one complains, let me join in. I, too, would prefer a compromise, but slightly different than what you suggested. At level 15, you get the current TP. At level 20, TP lets you choose between the 2 nearest towns. At level 25, among 3 nearest towns, etc. If you think that's too powerful, we can impose some movement point cost. You'd lose all your remaining movement in any case, but at level 20, the 2nd nearest town would require that you still have at least half your daily movement. At level 25, the 3rd nearest town would require 2/3, 2nd nearest town would require 1/3. And so on.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”