Pure Class (Heroes Complete Edition).....with pics!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Pure Class (Heroes Complete Edition).....with pics!

Unread postby Magelord » 05 Jan 2008, 05:17

Hello all I'm just a lurker who's been watching this site since the ancient days and the demise of the Astral Wizard Fan Page but I just got this in today and I am totally ROCKIN! Why you say? Because I live in Las Vegas and I was able to successfully order this bad boy from France!!!

And now to share just a few of the reasons why this edition is SMOKE'IN HOT and totally worth the effort!!! (mainly because these pics are something I wish I could have seen before ordering it to get a better perspective of its worth!)

First off we have one of the better goodies in my opinion the H5 Art Book Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh!

So as not to erk anyone at Nival/Ubisoft and yet still tease the forum with a few juicy bits here
are three pics I took from the Art book that are really just the tip of the iceberg for a must have artifact for any Heroes 5 fan!

Next is the art Poster which is well done but to my surprise had something really cool on the opposite side as well! B-) Sneaky!!

And of course that oh so crazy T-Shirt.

And finally the Cd's and Tarot cards!

And how about a little closer look at those cards hmm?

And finally the whole package! What a deal!!! Packed in this simply elegant style that is graphically basic yet professional and pleasing to the eye.

Here is a big shout out to all the folks at Ubisoft/Nival who had a hand in this product! Good on yah! And hopefully something of use to the Heroes community!

Oh and One Massive Frustrating sigh for all the non-European nations who may never get the chance to buy this massive piece of Heroes History.

" Ive got a fever and the only prescription is...more Heroes of Might and Magic Complete edition distributed World-Wide!"
Quote: Christopher Walkenwitheros

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 05 Jan 2008, 09:07

What language it is in?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 05 Jan 2008, 10:49

Oooooooh Goody *drools*

So what's the price of it in your place in the world?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Jan 2008, 11:34

Whereabouts in Vegas do you live? You know, just making conversation. :devious:

But seriously, humongous drool factor. :yummy:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Jan 2008, 14:35

Thanks a lot, truly looks great :hoo:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Jan 2008, 14:52

Vlaad wanted to know what his comics (Ghosts of the Past) looked like in the art book. Could you take another picture?

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 05 Jan 2008, 17:59

Looks very cool!

Could you tell us about the contents of the soundtrack CDs, please?

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 05 Jan 2008, 23:13

Meandor wrote:What language it is in?
One of my top worries after ordering it Meander. As I pulled the game out of the packing box the back side of the game was French but after I pulled it all the way out the whole backside fell off, It seems Ubisoft made a very professional and believable French cover board that wrapped around the actual game box! But not to worry everything in the box is in English! :D

parcaleste wrote:So what's the price of it in your place in the world?
$117.00 in American Dollars with shipping and handling which sounds like a lot but in reality they could get away with selling the Art book alone for at least half of this price not to mention the music CD's and Game!

Metathron wrote:Whereabouts in Vegas do you live? You know, just making conversation. devious

But seriously, humongous drool factor
Near the Air Force base on Nellis and Craig off the I-15. So are you local as well (Hotseat Gameplay anyone)?

Elvin wrote:Thanks a lot, truly looks great
Anytime Elvin, I just wanted to share so other people like me would know what they could expect with a little more visual aid then we've been able to get so far from the good folks at Ubisoft!

Angelspit wrote:Vlaad wanted to know what his comics (Ghosts of the Past) looked like in the art book. Could you take another picture?
Oh it's there but only three or so panels and very hard to read (SMALL, SMALL print!)I'm not on very close terms with my associate who let me borrow the digital camera the first time but I will see what I can do. This will have to wait till Monday though when I see them again at work.

berntie wrote:Looks very cool!

The Soudtracks are only for H5 and it's two expansions HofF and ToftE which worked fine on my Computer but this is also where you find the Bonus DVD that comes with:

- H5, HofF and ToftE Trailers
- Storyline Trailer
- Developer Diaries
- HOMM 5 Universe Album
- Exclusive Monsters Test Videos
- Fan-Made Heroes Game Encyclopaedia <---(AH! I was looking for that, so it is a Digital production!)
- and more? :D

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 05 Jan 2008, 23:30

Thanks for the answers and here goes another question, Universe album? What is that?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Jan 2008, 23:53

- Developer Diaries
I first read this as Developer Diapers .

That would indeed be a special edition. :loll:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 06 Jan 2008, 01:14

Meandor wrote:Thanks for the answers and here goes another question, Universe album? What is that?

Some of the things you can expect to se on the bonus DVD are...

Universe Manuel/Album???

Artwork we have all seen before but FREAKIN HIGH QUALITY HUGE!!!
here are two examples.

Example 1.

Example 2.
Metathron wrote:
- Developer Diaries

I first read this as Developer Diapers .

That would indeed be a special edition
:D :D :D

berntie
Scout
Scout

Unread postby berntie » 06 Jan 2008, 10:03

Magelord wrote:
berntie wrote:Looks very cool!

The Soudtracks are only for H5 and it's two expansions HofF and ToftE which worked fine on my Computer but this is also where you find the Bonus DVD that comes with:

- H5, HofF and ToftE Trailers
- Storyline Trailer
- Developer Diaries
- HOMM 5 Universe Album
- Exclusive Monsters Test Videos
- Fan-Made Heroes Game Encyclopaedia <---(AH! I was looking for that, so it is a Digital production!)
- and more? :D
Thanks. I have yet another question: Do you know if there's any difference between the version of H5 included in this box and H5 Gold/H5+HoF+TotE? I'm talking about things like missing intros etc. as it was the case with the missing AB intro in H3 complete.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 06 Jan 2008, 10:11

Awesome! Example 2 calls for another Spot the Differences game :D
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 06 Jan 2008, 21:14

berntie wrote: Thanks. I have yet another question: Do you know if there's any difference between the version of H5 included in this box and H5 Gold/H5+HoF+TotE? I'm talking about things like missing intros etc. as it was the case with the missing AB intro in H3 complete.
Not really sure here but I expect the only difference is that you get a ton of stuff with the Complete Edition as opposed to only the CDs for the H5 Gold Edition.
theLuckyDragon wrote:Awesome! Example 2 calls for another Spot the Differences game
Not familiar with that one? :)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 06 Jan 2008, 22:10

It's a forum game :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 06 Jan 2008, 22:24

@Magelord
I have a feeling you like dungeon :D Cool sketches.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 06 Jan 2008, 23:41

theLuckyDragon wrote:It's a forum game :)
B-) Alright then, i'll bite how do you play?
Elvin wrote:@Magelord
I have a feeling you like dungeon smile_teeth Cool sketches.
A Faithful Warlock since Heroes 1 but what gave me away! :D

P.S. Thanks Elvin ;)

erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby erased. over. out » 07 Jan 2008, 01:51

I've been out of the loop for quite some time. I was wondering: where can this complete edition be purchased? I can't seem to find it on eBay/Amazon. Is there a DVD version available as well?

Magelord
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Magelord » 07 Jan 2008, 02:49

erased. over. out wrote:I've been out of the loop for quite some time. I was wondering: where can this complete edition be purchased? I can't seem to find it on eBay/Amazon. Is there a DVD version available as well?
Sorry partner but if you live outside of Europe it can be a daunting task to get a hold of the Complete Edition. But I'll help as much as I can because it is worth it! B-)

Here is the French (yes I said French) Website www.alapage.com I got mine from, and a very reliable and trustworthy site I might add (I received no less than 4 confirmation emails about price and shipping information and one of those gave me a website with which to track the package from seller to final destination (me) :D . VIVA LA FRANCE!
http://www.alapage.com/-/Fiche/JeuxVide ... ategie.htm

and here is the Free Translation website I went too, to translate French to English with. Just remember to refresh the page when you want to plug in another translation (no fee required). Also another very well done and intuitive Website!

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Now this last bit of info may be unreliable or worth the wait I don't know but it will be your call. I found this site through extreme google skills and it implies possible world wide distribution as of Jan 29, 2008 but to be honest with you I have never, ever, ever seen a game thats release date was shrouded with more rumors and misinformation than this one. Hence the difficulty in finding a reliable site to purchase it from and then when you do find a good site they are usually out of STOCK! http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3386606 ... oduct.html (<---British site went out of stock after they put HoMM5CE on the web!)

But this website I put down below is a really new one to surface (my backup plan should the French one not have arrive) so hopefully should you decide to wait it will pan out for you and you can just get it from Ubisoft directly.

http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=10590

If it pops up here at the official site after Jan 29th snag it quickly!

http://shop.ubi.com/default.asp

Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Available from Amazon France

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 07 Jan 2008, 11:54

Hi all,

I too have just invested in a copy of this beautiful edition. I was hesitant because it's very expensive, but it seemed too good a chance to miss. As a Mac user, primarily, I only have the Mac version of Heroes V, which doesn't include the expansions, but I shoud be able to play the PC version on my Intel Mac.

Anyway, my copy has just arrived today, and the quality of the printed book is stupendous! Really, really superb. I couldn't be more pleased with the book itself. It's an absolutely lovely hardback production with full-colour printing throughout. The pictures on this thread do give a good idea of what it's like, but they don't really convey the superb production quality. And it's not just an art-book; it has brief but interesting text describing the production process, and shows early concept shots of the game and ideas that were discarded. All most interesting.

As Magelord says, the box itself, and the rest of the packaging, is immensely tasteful, but again, the photos don't do it justice. As you might guess from what's in it, it's pretty huge (the space it requires is probably the worst aspect, actually, though I'm not complaining really!). The box is produced in a very attractive matt-white finish, but the printing on it combines shiny gold for the lettering, Ubi logo and griffin image with a non-shiny, plastic overlaid, buff-coloured print for the background swirls. The same style (minus the shiny gold print) is carried over to the book cover, card box and other printed material inside the box. It's really beautifully done.

Anyway, for all those of you who are interested in getting a copy while it can still be had, I got mine from the Amazon France site. I tried to find it in all the other Amazon-supported countries, but their French site was the only one to stock it. And here's the link:

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_ss_w?__mk ... .y=0&Go=Go

The site is, of course, in French, so you have to be able to decipher at least some basic French in order to get through the ordering process. But since it's exactly the same as the English version, but just in a different language, that isn't difficult. It even seems to recognise your existing Amazon login details. (Or it did for me; I'm in the UK, and therefore normally use the UK Amazon store.) Actually, I was surprised to find that the box that arrived for me this morning was labelled 'Amazon.co.uk' on its outside, like anything else I'd order from Amazon UK, even though it came from the French store.

Someone asked if the contents are in English, and this bothered me too. Magelord is correct to point out that it's an English package except for the backing card, which is in French. That's correct. However, in my case, the user guide was also exclusively in French. I assume that's the case for Magelord too, though it'd be helpful if he could confirm it. It's no big deal, though. Although this user guide is important in that it has the three H5 game serial numbers printed on its back cover, apart from that you really don't need it. The much more important faction guide reference is in English, and is also of a higher quality (in full colour throughout; the user guide is just mono-printed). So the French-only user guide is a slight disappointment for me, but it's the item of least importance that could have been in French rather than English, so I'm just relieved that everything else is in my native tongue! Presumably the user guide will also be available in English as a PDF on the Heroes V DVD; I haven't checked that yet, but the DVD that contains Heroes I, II and III has all the manuals in a number of languages, so I expect the same will be the same with Heroes IV and V.

Anyway, a very expensive box overall, and it took me a while to persuade myself to buy it, but it's really of superb quality, and I don't regret it at all. Especially because of the book, which is just fantastic.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”