Suggestions for Mods

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Friend_of_Gunnar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Suggestions for Mods

Unread postby Friend_of_Gunnar » 02 Feb 2006, 01:35

Hahaha I am the first :idea:
First of all I want to say that I am astonished at the speed that people are inventing mods for the game. Do they even play the game or do they just sit down first and say "hmmm...how can I crack this game?"
I realize now how silly it was all the arguing about initiative system and battlefield size and creature names and so on and so forth because soon everybody will have a checklist of options that they want. (hmmm yes I want a nice big 20 X 30 battlefield) or whatever...

Also I have heard so many times that people say blah blah so I won't buy this game. For example these creatures is so ugly so I won't buy the game or there is no Crag Hack so I won't buy the game. That's okay everybody has their own pet peeve. Here's mine (first of all I haven't downloaded the game but there's one thing that caught my attention and made me think "Hmmm...that's a good reason not to get the game") Every version of HOMM has been more and more time to open up the city view. I didn't like it in 2, in 3 it was so irritating, and in 4 it makes me look at the clock and wonder if I shouldn't be doing something else. So I hear so many beta testers saying the town is taking such a long time to open and it's a pain in the &*# so my idea is to make an ultra simple interface that only takes one ten thousandth of a second to open and make adjustments. Howzabout that?

Fallen Angel
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Fallen Angel » 02 Feb 2006, 01:42

Well, first of all, why are you addressing an issue that you haven't experienced first hand? The town screen may not take all that long to load in relative terms. Second, remember this is the beta. You can judge the game based on how quickly or smoothly it runs at this point because all of that is far from being finalized.

jeff

Re: Suggestions for Mods

Unread postby jeff » 02 Feb 2006, 18:00

Friend_of_Gunnar wrote:
Also I have heard so many times that people say blah blah so I won't buy this game.
First most (but not all) of those issues have been about features that were implied as being part of the game and now UBI has backpedaled. As far as for suggesting mods, we need to see what really ships with the game. Some of the missing features may be doable with a mod developed by an independent party much like the RMG developed for Heroes IV.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 02 Feb 2006, 18:35

Really what has a mod to do with town interface...
Grah!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”