Necro versus Dungeon

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Necro versus Dungeon

Unread postby Kilop » 24 Dec 2007, 14:46

Well, I have this game planned later on this weak , and I know my opponent will pick necropolis, it has been a long time since I played this game, so please give me some tips to beat what appears to me to be one of the most powerful town at the moment.
I chose warlocks because of black dragons immunity against frenzy/puppet master and with stalker I ll prevent liches to shoot.
Usually I d go with vittorio but I am really afraid of dark magic, and loosing my ballista in one shot scares me as I have heard it is now doable with one skill??!!
Any advice would be gratly appreciated.
I support(ed?) Nival... flame on !!!
The truth pure and simple is seldom pure and never simple...

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 24 Dec 2007, 14:55

What size map are you playing with? What difficulty level? Are there any "house rules" that we should know about???

I would think that smaller maps on lower difficulty levels would tend to favor you as dungeon much more than the Necro. There would likely be fewer neutrals to convert and if the game doesn't go on as long I would think that destructive magic would have a chance to tip the balance in your favor as long as you've got enough mana to keep casting.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Dec 2007, 15:00

vittorio with dungeon is hard enough anyways ^_^

you need to hit him hard, and that means lotsa implosions, get rid of his sceleton archers asap, and make a unit stand on them so he can't raise them
sinitar should be the best choice here

and if your opponent chooses zoltan, change the game so dungeon has dark and destructive and go vayshan, spamm curses all over the place, and going teleport assault with hydra's really pay's off aswell

anyways, just pray that he doesn't chooses zoltan ;)
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 24 Dec 2007, 15:00

Believe me, you NEED to gather the "Lion's Spirit" pack (it's an easy one) + don't forget to make some sacrifices of creatures that want to join your army but are NOT Dungeon, raising population of Minotaurs and Sisters with few numbers actually works pretty fine...

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 24 Dec 2007, 15:00

Well thanks for the advice, as this hasn t been discussed yet, and indeed it seems that the smaller the better, and about dificulty, I guess it will be normal...
Oh, and, do I go with invisibility or shooting ?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 24 Dec 2007, 15:02

Dunno 'bout the Mistresses, but pick Scouts better, as the poison is not working on Necros ;)

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 24 Dec 2007, 15:05

lol I meant haven with vittorio, but I am afraid that haven is not hte best choice against necro ...
I will check for zoltan too yeah , good advice, and totally forgot his special ! I didn't play this game since before HOF came out, and now that one can sell artefacts, getting the right ones for warlocks should be easier.
Is teleport assault necessary, I thought that it is just a missed implosion cast ?

And what about ignite + meteor shower, does warlock s luk works with it too ?

Leded
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Leded » 24 Dec 2007, 16:47

i don't have a lot of Dungeon experience but i would almost say try an pick up Counter Spell as quick as you can. a lot of the necro's strength lies in their ability to cast.

if your army can over power his, and you can keep him from casting its a win/win :D

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Dec 2007, 20:15

Kilop wrote:
Is teleport assault necessary, I thought that it is just a missed implosion cast ??
no but IF your making a might heroew, cuz he has zoltan I'd def go teleport assault

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 25 Dec 2007, 00:05

I'd make a mainly destructive magic based hero, as he will have a fairly high defence, which is wasted against destructive spells. And attack him as early as possible.

Leded
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Leded » 25 Dec 2007, 02:10

actually what i kinda miss is the differing heroes they used to have, i "think" they started it in 3, the necropolis town Death Knights and Necromancer, both might based and magic bases heroes. the haven had Knights and Clerics. i think the Stronghold had Barbarian and Battlemage.. and so on and so on.

i kinda didn't like how you were limited by your hero build in this one. and i would actually like to see some new heroes added to the game in general really.

i mean here your goin up against a necropolis so you "know" he's gonna have a necromancer general lol (caster) it kinda took some of the fun out of it for me.

Leded
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Leded » 25 Dec 2007, 06:39

i actually tried a game against the Necropolis with the Dungeon faction (single player) and yeah, the Dungeon is not really equipped to deal with undead lol

Assassins poison is completely useless, using Lethos is out of the question being that they are immune to Decay, your heavy hitters can suffer against those dam Specters. i ended up winning, but the undead being immune to some of the most dirty things you can do to an opponents army is a little on the annoying side.

i had a stack of dam near 100 Deep Hydras that just destroyed everything in their path though... that was fun. cept they kept on missing the Specters every dam time, then being the last stack on the field drew out the fight long enough for their hero to pop off enough shots to piss the hell outa me by killing off more of my creatures... it sez 50% of the time, and out of 5 attacks only 1 hit. i'm just not lucky or something? they never do that well when i'm controlling them lol.

and the AI annoys me with these guys, what the hell is with the games obsession with killing the Blood Maidens first!? i had like 20 of em next to a stack of about 300 assassins ... now i would think the assassins would be a higher threat item on the table here and it still turned all of its guns on the maidens. are they really THAT good? although my favorite unit from the dungeon would have to be the Deep Hydra if that guy gets surrounded some one's getting hurt lol.... they used to bother me in previous games... you could hit your own units....

Tensho
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Tensho » 25 Dec 2007, 09:56

Dungeon isnt the best choice...
Play with Academy,or Haven.Btw u can pwnd necro with stronghold or fortres.Also u can play with sylvan.They have big advantage at the begining....
Dont angry the banana!

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 25 Dec 2007, 11:33

Play with Academy,or Haven.Btw u can pwnd necro with stronghold or fortres.Also u can play with sylvan
So dungeon is really the worst choice, he ?
I am used to play with academy and haven but not with the rest, but will puppet master on my titans not be a bit op agaist me??
So you really think I should change my town choice?
I should have made a thread how to beat necro lol.
anyway thanks for all the advices, keep them coming ;)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 25 Dec 2007, 11:44

The best way to learn strategies is to make few random maps with 2 players (Dungeon & Necropolis) and try to beat him as many times as possible. At first start with Normal difficult, but later maps play on higest difficulty. Later use the editor to give your enemy an advantage or add more allied players.
Also play with Necropolis and see which strategies you would use to beat Dungeon. Then take care when you play with Dungeon to not let him do the same to you. Or lower their effectivness.

The best strategies for you are those that you come up with. They are easiest for you to both understand, use and master. Those that you find on the net ain't anything more but advices.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 25 Dec 2007, 12:15

come to think of it, I'd srlsy make a might based heroew, if I was necro I'd make my units as magic proof as possible, zoltan + sap magic + master of life + mass slow + power of speed + archery + battle frenzy etc. etc. = bad for you
he won't expect 3 luck + 3 morale heroew with seal of darkness, teleport assault and + (expert summoning + master of conjuration, phoenix)

Tensho
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Tensho » 25 Dec 2007, 12:47

Kilop wrote:
Play with Academy,or Haven.Btw u can pwnd necro with stronghold or fortres.Also u can play with sylvan
So dungeon is really the worst choice, he ?
I am used to play with academy and haven but not with the rest, but will puppet master on my titans not be a bit op agaist me??
So you really think I should change my town choice?
I should have made a thread how to beat necro lol.
anyway thanks for all the advices, keep them coming ;)
Titans are immune to mind control :)
Golems,djinns,mages have magic proof.
You can pick dark magic and mind control him + vampirism :-D
Or light magic=mass deflect missile + mass endurance=no dmg from lich and skeleton archers.Also word of light is nice vs necros.
Summoning magic=phoenix with regeneration is undestructable phoenix.Also blade barrier,firewall,summon elementals and lots of other spells are nice....

I would play with Haven.Take Dougal or the pathfinder.Make marksmans and put squires in front of them.Get priests.Take all the loot and the mines early.And when u get paladins(or champions) go and take his castle.Magic-mass spells of light magic.

Same with sylvan.They have hunters there...

If you play with inferno-dont let your familiars die.The more u have,the more mana will your enemy lose.
Dont angry the banana!

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Dec 2007, 15:25

Are you guys serious? Dungeon works very well against necropolis, especially if you manage to get a good knowledge. All you have to do is go all destructive and not use grim raiders or have them in the corner ready to be surrounded if he has puppet.

Unless necro gets curse of the netherworld it is also very vulnerable to hit&runs with 7 single stalkers.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 25 Dec 2007, 21:44

Why not pick Dwarves? They have a painfully useful combo with Leadershio and Attack + Defence (even without the Ultimate) = HOLY F*CKIN COW 8|

Kilop
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Kilop » 25 Dec 2007, 22:14

Dungeon works very well against necropolis, especially if you manage to get a good knowledge. All you have to do is go all destructive and not use grim raiders or have them in the corner ready to be surrounded if he has puppet.

ok ok so I will ask this one more time to be sure; dungeon or academy ?
and why no grim raiders ?
and do I take atack and def or just luck + destruction ?
and how to hit and run against vampires , puppet master frenzy and liches ?
and why does necro seem so imba ?
one last: are enlightement and sorcery usefull ?
thanks again
why not pick dwarves?
never played with them

Return to “Heroes V-VI”