Question about HoMM Complete Edition

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Question about HoMM Complete Edition

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 21 Dec 2007, 19:30

I'm totally confused about the Heroes Complete Edition, and I hope someone here can give me a definitive answer.

I've read on Celestial Heavens that the Complete Edition is coming out soon, and that it has an exclusive map included. Fine. But has it already been released? Is it already sold out? Or is it due to be launched soon? Based on the evidence online, I just can't work out whether it's still not released, or whether it's been released in a limited edition that has all sold out already.

What I'm talking about is a very nice-looking box which, according to the promo shots I've seen, is an all-white box with a gold image and gold lettering on it. It contains all the games from Heroes I up to Heroes V ToTE (but it excludes Heroes Chronicles, sadly). There's a bonus DVD, three soundtrack CDs, a booklet of artwork and other stuff.

I'd like to get a copy, but I can't find it for sale online at a 'normal' price. There are a few copies on eBay at a silly price (around £70, compared with the RRP of £45), and I found another retailer selling a copy at £85. This suggests to me that it's been released in a limited edition, and that all the copies have already been sold.

However, some wording on the UbiSoft site suggests that it's only just about to be released, and other sites online list it as a preorder item that isn't available to buy yet. The limited coverage on Celestial Heavens also suggests that it hasn't yet been released.

Can anyone tell me what its status is, please? I'm quite keen to get a copy, even though I've got all the games up to Heroes V (I don't have the Heroes V expansions yet, though).

NB This is *not* the same as the Heroes Complete Edition that Amazon sold (and which is no longer available). That appeared to contain all the games up to Heroes V, but not the Heroes V expansions. This new one has the expansions as well.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 21 Dec 2007, 21:04

IIRC the Complete Edition is out. It's only available in Europe. I would check the French, English, Germany, etc. Amazon.com sites to see if they have any in stock.

Hopefully you can select English [or whatever is appropriate] as the language :)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”