Factions Balance

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Factions Balance

Unread postby Titanus » 22 Dec 2007, 16:15

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:
Titanus wrote:
Mlai wrote:2. There is a strange trend... you upped the power of ALL of the units. Which means either you just made Inferno overpowered, or you proceeded to go and up the power of all factions. But if you do that, then isn't that the same as before you did anything??? :|
I raised what I felt that needed to be raised but I also decreased other elements. And based on this erroneous assumption of yours you make simplistic and childish conclusions.
Do you want this thread to be a thread where everybody just tells you how awesome your ideas are or do you want this to be a thread where your ideas are discussed? Part of being a modmaker or mapmaker is to take critisism of your work without becoming personally offended. Be thankful for whatever feedback someone offers you even if you disagree with it because most people don't offer feedback at all.

If you disagree with feedback after **thoughtfully** (their ideas may improve on your concepts or you could be flat out wrong) considering what was said rather than saying someone's conclusions are childish offer more explaination about why you made the changes or point out this or that that they failed to consider. Saying someone's conclusions are childish just makes people not want to give you any feedback and then you are just left with "yes men" or nobody at all to help you refine your work.GOW
Of course I'm greatful about feedback! But constructive criticism is one thing (and that's why we're here, to exchange different viewpoints and dicuss politely) and mockery and flettening of just about everything in one sentence is another. That's what I got from his ''But if you do that, then isn't that the same as before you did anything??? '' To this kind of 'offensive criticsm' my friend I' ll respond accordingly!. As you also saw, I responded to almost every post , trying to explain everything that wasn't understood, or got misunderstood.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 22 Dec 2007, 16:37

@Titanus, don't you think that with the Inferno's infernal raise of the 7L creatures abilities, here the Dragons will be eaten on one bite by the Devils?

Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Titanus » 22 Dec 2007, 17:00

parcaleste wrote:@Titanus, don't you think that with the Inferno's infernal raise of the 7L creatures abilities, here the Dragons will be eaten on one bite by the Devils?
Is universally known around the lands of Asha that Dragons are not easily digested... :)

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 22 Dec 2007, 17:17

Yeah, yeah, sure... look at the stats ;:)

Mlai
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mlai » 22 Dec 2007, 22:54

Well he did say that he felt dwarves are too weak early and too strong late. Therefore he buffed everyone except the last 2 tiers, who got inferior buffs compared to say Inferno.

I think now absolutely no one will pick Mountain Guards.

More ranged buffs....

Lastly, that sentence is supposed to be an example of mockery? LOL ok.

Tensho
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Tensho » 23 Dec 2007, 18:59

Well u made the inferno tier 7 creature really strong
make the dwarfs dragons strong too
(make em spit fireballs or something :-D )
Dont angry the banana!

P0i50Z
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby P0i50Z » 29 Dec 2007, 18:36

Well, I always favourited (thought they're not my favourites) Inferno cause' they were the weakest in HoMM V.If you play with you're mod you surely won't be able to complain about that anymore.I'll say that with small exceptions you did a good job.The only thing I really don't like is how you changed they're lvl 7.It's too strong and too weak at the same time, if you get the idea.I made a mod myself but I lost it a few days later...
About Fortress they're really my favourites and I can say my word here, as I am a real player with this faction.Again I don't like the changes applyed to they're lvl 7 and 6.Stole all they're might and style.Also Fortress doesn't really need too many changes on they're creatures and my opinion is that you overpowerd the creatures 1-5.Fortress as it was, was one of the best factions along with Dungeon and Haven.

Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Factions Balance

Unread postby Titanus » 03 Jan 2008, 19:30

Happy new year to everyone! I was away for quite some time but here I am now. Some comments first.
Mlai wrote:
Mine isn't... As I'mentioned at the begining of my analysis, I wanted diversification and sensibility in stats, specials, overall power, synergy or correlation of one creature with the other...
In the past, I worked with a guy who talks like you on another balance mod.
And based on this erroneous assumption of yours you make simplistic and childish conclusions.
Except he's a lot more mature than you.
Nice job of constructive criticism and attitude here! Keep up...
Mlai wrote:
Is a gated tier 2 going to act faster than the original creature?
They don't have to act. They just have to stand there. I could see giving it Unlim Retal.
Creatures aren't just to stand there... They should act, particularly the ones that don't have neither the durability, nor the offensive properties and specials to boast.
Mlai wrote:
To end this gating excuse, gating is a racial skill, as is necromancy, artificer etc.
Which has to be taken into account as part of the army that you will encounter. They're not gonna come at you without it. If a creature can fly, you're not gonna say "Let's assume it can't fly, and balance it that way."
Still, you don't seem to understand the concept. Of course it has to be taken into account, but gating isn't an instant-acting ability, like most other racial skills (save Avenger, which is random); it takes 1 turn for a gated creature to appear on the battlefield (unless you have Swift Gating) and another extra turn to act; big difference here! And why should you attack gated creatures in the first place? Try and play as the ToTE AI plays against summoned (in general) creatures (it flat-out ignores them, unless absolutely necessary) and you'll see how embarrassing that is to the rest of your army. Add to the above the Banish ability, which is now accessible to almost every faction and suddenly gating can be negated to a satisfactory degree.
Mlai wrote:A player will always want upgrades over normals, unless these factors kick in:
1. He doesn't have the $$$.
2. He can get a lot more normals than upgrades.
3. He doesn't have the required building yet.
4. The normal can do something better than the upgrade (this never happens).
1. and 2. As if $$ is the easiest thing to get on Heroic (unless you don't play on Heroic...), if you want to develop your town properly…
3. As if $$ and resources are the easiest thing to get on Heroic, if you want to develop your town properly…
4. Agreed
To sum up: Usually during the first 1-1.5 month you scarcely have enough money and resources on Heroic (depending on the map).
Mlai wrote:Is that so? Then why in certain factions targeting an ammo cart is redundant because the number of shots of their shooters is 10, 12 or 15 (Haven Sylvan), whereas other struggle to shoot 3 or 4 times (Dungeon or part of Academy)?
So everyone should shoot as well as the elves? I didn't comment on Masters because he has double shot. I simply disagree with that philosophy of buffing ranged in H5 even more.
No they shouldn't shoot as Elves. But no one should shoot as Spearwielders, Mages or Shadow Matrons and Matriarchs either. The discrepancies in shooting capability are just too many and too wide!
Mlai wrote:
How many times have you seen Nightmare’s Frightful Aura (-3 morale) kick in?
If I could find where you could buff the ability, that's what I'd tell you. But since I can't, I can see why you'd nerf Searing.

The point is that Searing depends on the stack, while Frightful doesn't. That's assuming Frightful works, which it doesn't. (If you know where Frightful is hiding in data.pak, let us know).
If I could find it I would boost it to -4, but unfortunately I don't know where it is. And yes, Frightful Aura doesn't depend on the stack, but if an opponent's stack loses (with infinitesimal chances) half a turn, it does so no matter how powerful or weak it is. And that doesn't justify the fact that Searing Aura should deal that much (unretaliated) damage; it's just too much!
Mlai wrote:
Please refresh my memory, what singular artifacts increase casters’ mana? Because what you say occurs only with the help of a set of 2 out of 4 Relic artifacts (the Sar-Issus family); needless to say how difficult they are to acquire. If, however, you run into them, then be my guest and cast for ever!
Did you consider that with your Pit Lord, it's basically like they start out having their own Issus? Unlike some other casters, these guys can fight too (you buffed that part too, of course).
No, Pit Lords have NOTHING to do with Issus or any kind of super artifact; they can simply cast a good destructive spell, that's all. Of course they should be able to fight; they are tier 6 creatures for God's sake! Shadow Mistresses are very good casters and can fight too (much more effectively than Pit Lords, if you ask me) and Shadow Matriarchs are very good casters and can shoot. You shouldn't compare Pit Lords with lower tier casters; they are plain and simple better than everyone!
Mlai wrote:
because of the damned unlinear and very low spell damage casters inflict, compared to their physical damage.

With 19 Pit Lords, the stack has spell power of 20. How's that low? Pit Lords cast the most powerful non-hero destructive spells in the entire game.
... and 1 Pit Lord has spell power of 10, while 50 have spell power of what...25? Your pick is probably the ideal number of Pit Lords for given spell power. And I said 'compared to their physical damage'... Avoid commenting on a part of a sentence, ignoring the rest of it that changes the meaning entirely.
Mlai wrote:Like the previous poster said, balance is skewed when playing a game where you have 1000 familiars.
To answer both to you and Alamar, balance should be everywhere and at anytime! Otherwise there shouldn't be XL or XXL maps because of balance issues.
Why Imps/Familiars should have a crippling ability in the first place? Wouldn't Mana Steal be better if it worked continuously (and was much less powerful of course), every time Imps/Familiars acted, giving the enemy the opportunity to focus on them if he feels that he is threatened, but leaving his army at the mercy of the rest of Inferno creatures?
Why a mere 1000-gold building (Shrine of the Netherworld) should make Necropolis army undefeatable in the long term? Wouldn't it be better if there was a cap to its transformation capability (maybe 20-30% of creatures generated by a random castle)?
Why should an army be able to 'cast' twice numerous, extremely powerful and unique spells (because that's what they are in the end, spells). Rune of Resurrection alone, if used at the right time, effectively more than doubles Fortress's power. Coupled with the other Runes, Dwarves become virtually unstoppable.
The fact is that in large or bigger maps the game shows its drawbacks more vividly and intensely and that’s something we just can’t ascribe to the size of an army. Balance must apply to big armies too!
Mlai wrote:OK, then did you make them more expensive like in past patches?
I wouldn't have a problem retaining the old prices.
Mlai wrote:
Summon Other (or 8 speed) for Arch Demon would be fine, as long as they don’t have the No Retaliation special in my version of course.
Arch Devils with No Retal... 8|
Arch Demons...and try it first and then you tell me.

Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Factions Balnce

Unread postby Titanus » 03 Jan 2008, 19:33

NECROPOLIS has always been one of the favourite factions throughout HOMM history and mostly it was fun to play. With the 5th version of the game it has a perverted balance that I just don't feel is to the right direction on one hand and it's very dull on the other. Why on earth should a faction begin with one of the most powerful spells (Raise Dead)? How overpowered is this element compared to the other factions? Necropolis has by far the best early and middle game and the worst part is that its strategy is confined in a perpetual raising of the dead, because it just doesn't have enough spell points to cast many more spells and in the end, it doesn't need them! That's why in my mod no hero, save Vladimir and Nicolai, begins with the Raise Dead spell. Furthermore, Raise Dead moves to the 3rd circle in place of Earthquake, which is logical, since every faction should be able to use it, even without mastery and because Raise Dead as lvl 2 is too much for a specific faction to be able to 'Resurrect' its creatures.
The other game-breaking element of Necropolis is the Shrine of the Netherworld, which substitutes average creature stats with unlimited creatures. Unfortunately, I can't make a mod to put a cap to its transformation capability, so whenever I play Necropolis I transform only one third of generated creatures by a town (and I'm still generous!).
Having those in mind...

Skeleton
Attack:1
Defence:2
Damage:1-2 (1-1)
HP:3 (4)
Initative:10
Speed:5

Skeleton Archer
Damage:1-2
HP:5
Shots:12 (8)

Skeleton Warrior
Attack:2
Defence:4 (6)
Damage:1-3
HP:5

Comments: Comprised of mere bones Skeletons ought to be the most fragile creatures of the game, that's why I've lowered their HP by 1. To make up for it I've added 1 to their maximum damage.
Skeleton Archers profit from the 50% increase in the number of shots and gain +4 ammo.
Skeleton Warriors' defence was a bit too much for their level (coupled with their great specials and other stats) and since I feel that Shieldguards and Mountain Guards should be the toughest tier 1 creatures, Skeleton Warriors have lost 2 defence points.

Zombie
Attack:2 (1)
Damage:1-3 (1-2)
HP:17
Initative:8 (6)
Speed:4
Size:Large

Plague Zombie
Damage:2-3
HP:21 (17)
Initative:8 (7)

Rot Zombie
Defence:3
Damage:1-3
HP:23 (19)

Weakening Strike: -4 enemy attack/defence with each strike (instead of 2)
Festering Aura: -3 attack/defence (instead of 2) and -2 morale (instead of -1) to all adjacent living creatures

Comments:The worst tier 2 creature needed radical changes in order to be somewhat competitive. First of all, I've made them large creatures, a change that enhances their role as protectors of shooters and on top of that makes them far better neutrals. +1 attack and +1 maximum damage improves their measly offensive capabilities, still being the worst creature in that respect but closer to their tier. Lastly, +2 to their initiative (creatures with 7 or lower initiative go to 8), because practically they almost never acted.
Plague Zombies should in my opinion be the most durable tier 2 creatures (second only to their alternative) and better than Obsidian Gargoyles, so their HP have gained 4 points. Their increased initiative by 1 still renders Plague Zombies slow creatures thus Weakening Strike should have a graver impact on enemy attack/defence ratings, so I've changed it to 4 (RPG folder).
+2 HP compared to Plague Zombies (+4 in total) and +1 initiative for Rot Zombies, while Festering Aura became slightly better (-2 morale is still not big deal, due to the natural moral bonuses in an enemy army composed of creatures of the same faction, whereas I wanted the temporary attack/defence reductions to all adjacent creatures of Festering Aura to be less than the same permanent reductions to one striken creature of Weakening Strike).

Ghost
Attack:5
Defence:4
Damage:2-5 (2-4)
HP:16

Comments: +1 maximum damage for Ghosts to retain the difference retain a difference with certain lower tier creatures damage and at the same time to be closer to its tier.

Vampire
Attack:9 (6)
Defence:9 (6)
Damage:6-9 (6-8)
HP:30
Initative:11
Speed:6

Vampire Lord
Attack:10 (9)
Defence:9
Damage:7-11
HP:35
Speed:7

Vampire Prince
Attack:10 (9)
Damage:5-13
HP:40
Initative:13 (11)
Speed:8

Life Drain: 75% of inflicted damage (instead of 50%)

Comments: First of all I've changed life drain percentage to 75, because honestly, I find the number of resurrected Vampires when they attack/retaliate lacking. This is due to the fact that inflicted damage by Vampires isn't that great on one hand and Vampires die fast on the other. Life drain at 75% corrects this deficiency to a satisfactory degree.
Vampires' attack/defence ratings were quite low for their level, so I've used the respective stats of HOMM3 Vampires as a model. They have also gained +1 maximum damage so that they are closer to their tier and retain a difference with certain lvl 3 creatures damage (mainly that of my version of Hell Hounds and Minotaur family).
+1 attack for Vampire Lords and Vampire Princes (as HOMM3 Vampire Lords had). However, because on one hand Vampire Princes lost the exceptional No Retaliation special and on the other Tropor is quite random and unreliable, an increase in initiative by 2 is justifiable. By the way, it's just very peculiar the fact that Tropor applies to ALL living creatures, even to Titans (mind spell immunity) and Black Dragons (magic immunity).

Lich
Attack:15
Defence:14 (15)
Damage:12-17
HP:55 (50)
Speed:3
Shots:8 (5)
Size:Small

Archlich
Attack:19
Defence:17 (19)
Damage:17-20
HP:62 (55)
Speed:3
Shots:9 (6)
Mana:21 (16)

Lich Master
Attack:21
Defence:16 (19)
Damage:19-23 (17-21)
HP:57 (55)
Mana:28 (19)

Comments: When we want a creature to be a shooter we don't make it a large creature, unless there is another creature ability that makes up for the inability to shoot when blocked and negates the melee penalty shooters have in general; otherwise large shooters are worthless. That was my thought when I changed the Lich family into small creatures. Taking into consideration the fact that Liches are undead Mages (small Academy creatures) my decision was sealed.
Call me awkward, but I deny accepting that a Lich has a tougher hide than a Hell Charger's scales, so I've decreased its defence by 1, making it equal to the latter's. However, I've added 5 HP so that total Liches weakly HP are relatively close to total Hell Chargers weakly HP (6*55=330 vs 7*50=350). Lastly, shots are 50% more (+3).
-2 defence for Archliches, because I wanted it to be inferior to Nightmares', but +7 HP to augment their defence-oriented role and versatility, in comparison to their alternative. +5 mana so that they may cast their costlier spell (Plague) twice and the rest once, whereas shots have increased by 3.
Lich Masters should be the epitome of offence, since they've lost the Death Cloud ability, otherwise there are very rare occasions when one would select Master Liches over Archliches. Thus, +2 to minimum and +3 to maximum damage, but -3 defence and only +2 HP. Mana have risen to 28, being able to cast Raise Dead 3 times or Raise Dead and Suffering twice, while they've also gained 3 shots.

Wight
Attack:24
Defence:22
Damage:23-27 (21-25)
HP:95

Wraith
Attack:26
Defence:25 (24)
Damage:27-32 (25-30)
HP:105 (100)

Banshee
Attack:23
Defence:23
Damage:24-29 (22-27)
HP:115 (110)

Comments: Lacking any great special, other than the Undead, I've decided to make Wights even better offensively by increasing their minimum and maximum damage by 2. Thus, they clearly deal the best average damage to a single opponent than any other unupgraded tier 6 creature.
If only I could change Wraiths' Harm Touch into a form of the Mighty Gorgons' Death Stare... Since this is not possible I applied the Wights formula by increasing minimum and maximum damage by 2, defence by 1 and HP by 5 (because I wanted them both to be superior to Paladins'). Same reasoning applies to Banshees, gaining respective increases in minimum/maximum damage and HP.

Bone Dragon
Attack:27
Defence:30 (28)
Damage:25-35 (15-30)
HP:150
Initative:12 (11)
Speed:7 (6)
Mana: 20 (0)

Spectral Dragon
Attack:29 (30)
Defence:30 (28)
Damage:30-40 (25-35)
HP:180 (160)
Initative:12 (11)
Speed:8 (7)

Ghost Dragon
Attack:32 (31)
Defence:27
Damage:32-41 (27-36)
HP:140 (150)
Initative:10 (11)
Speed:8 (7)

Bone Dragon, Spectral Dragon, Ghost Dragon: Mass Vulnerability
Ghost Dragon: Incorporeal

Comments: I agree that Bone Dragons should be weaker than living Dragons but this is ridiculous! Their building is extremely expensive in resources, mercury presents a constant headache if one decides to buy them and their contribution to a fight is at least dubious.
First of all, I've reversed Dragon Graveyard's and Dragon Vault's resource requirements (20wood/10ore/15mercury and 20wood/20ore/20mercury respectively), for reasons I've explained in FORTRESS analysis. Second step is to give Bone Dragons a more unique special than the very common Fly; this goal is achieved by making them spellcasters, able to cast the Mass Vulnerability spell twice, on Advanced level. This way they serve mainly as support unit, making the task of the rest of Necropolis army easier. However, if they are called to participate in the battle by attacking, they shouldn't be the disappointment they currently are. In total, they're worse creatures than Wights offensively and this is unacceptable; +10 to minimum and +5 to maximum damage corrects this deficiency, while an increase in initiative and speed by 1 respectively fulfills the offensive potential of Bone Dragons. Defensively they are relatively better thought, so I've raised their defence by 3, making them clearly the second best unupgraded tier 7 creature in this department.
Spectral Dragons take Bone Dragons' idea a step further. +1 to their initiative and speed (being able now to reach the enemy in their first move) and +5 to minimum/maximum damage are elements that coupled with their good specials make them a trustworthy offensive solution. They've only lost 1 attack to further enhance the offensive properties of Ghost Dragons on one hand and because I wanted them to be slightly inferior to Titans on the other, while +20 to their HP render them the tank troops in relation to their alternatives. Finally, Mass Vulnerability spell is now maximised to Expert level (fulfilling their support role even better than Bone Dragons, if necessary).
When a creature is called Ghost Dragon what should be its main characteristic? That it has the Incorporeal ability. A tier 7 with this ability is in peril of becoming overpowered, but with the proper modifications I think I've found a good balance between other lvl 7 creatures and its cousin. The usual increases in minimum/maximum damage (+5) and speed (+1) still apply, but now initiative has been lowered by 1 (total difference between Spectral and Ghost Dragons is +2 now) and HP by 10. Attack has gained +1 to retain the differences with other tier 7 creatures and increase the difference with the more defence-oriented Spectral Dragons. Finally, Mass Vulnerability spell is also maximised to Expert level.

Next…DUNGEON!

Tensho
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Tensho » 03 Jan 2008, 19:58

Lol...
Nice work!Keep buffing everyone!(im just saying that you shoud make some huge nerfs too...)
And by the way did you forgot the dwarfs dragons>?
Now there isnt any balance.You made Inferno and Necropolis lvl 7 tier really powerful.A bit too much powerful.Atleast help the dwarfs a bit!
Dont angry the banana!

Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Factions Balance

Unread postby Titanus » 04 Jan 2008, 01:01

Tensho wrote:Lol...
Nice work!Keep buffing everyone!(im just saying that you shoud make some huge nerfs too...)
And by the way did you forgot the dwarfs dragons>?
Now there isnt any balance.You made Inferno and Necropolis lvl 7 tier really powerful.A bit too much powerful.Atleast help the dwarfs a bit!
Tll now there have been some significant nerfs as you have seen and there are more coming. I' ve tried to make the boundaries of each tier more distinguishing and clearer, by buffing to a greater or smaller degree.
My version of Tier 7 creatures are not more powerful than what they were in HOMM3 or HOMM4. Most people have accepted them as buffed tier 6 in HOMM5, while I liked them better in the past. We have different viewpoints, that's all! However, before everyone starts to complain only by looking at the stats, just choose a map, pit 2 out of the 3 factions I've presented till now against the other, test them and then come and tell me your opinions.
About Dwarf Dragons...they are at the bottom of my FORTRESS analysis. How much more should I help a creature with 320 or 310 HP and 40 or 35 defence? They up there competing for the best creature of the game along with my version of Black Dragons and Titans.

Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Titanus » 06 Jan 2008, 08:22

Scout
Attack:3
Damage:2-4
HP:12 (10)

Assassin
Attack:4
Damage:2-4
HP:14
Initative:12

Weekly growth: 10 (instead of 7)

Comments: Dungeon suffers from limited tier1-tier3 weekly growth. Despite being clearly the best tier1 creatures, Scouts family are way below average in numbers, making their total power in comparison to other tier1 creatures considerably lacking. +3 to their weekly population is half (give or take) of that of most tier 1 creatures without Scouts family being twice as good in most cases, nevertheless.
Scouts have merely received a +2 HP increase, because on one hand their ranged capability is confined, rendering them strong melee units rather than efficient shooters and on the other, I wanted them to be more durable even than my version of Mountain Guards' HP (11). Their ammo has also risen 50%, as is the case with Assassins.

Blood Maiden
Attack:5 (4)
Damage:4-7 (5-7)
Initative:14

Blood Fury
Attack:6 (5)
Damage:4-7 (5-7)
Initative:16

Blood Sister
Attack:6 (5)
Damage:2-8 (3-8)
Initative:14

Weekly growth: 7 (instead of 5)

Comments: A level 2 creature having less weekly population than Dungeon's level 3? Even with the assistance of Ritual Pit, Blood Maidens' growth will delay considerably since it's unlikely that neutrals will join your forces in order to be sacrificed, whereas you aren't bound to sacrifice your own cretures for a minimal boost in their numbers. 7 Blood Maidens a week is still almost half of most other tier 2 creatures.
+1 attack for Blood Maidens so that they are the best unupgraded lvl 2 creature in that department, but -1 minimum damage, because I wanted them to deal lower damage in total than my version of Minotaurs.
Blood Furies and Blood Sisters have also gained +1 attack but deal 1 minimum damage less, following their unupgraded counterpart's pattern.

Minotaur
Attack:8 (5)
Defence:5 (2)
Damage:5-8 (4-7)
HP:31
Initative:9 (8)

Minotaur Guard
Attack:8 (5)
Defence:5 (2)
Damage:5-8 (4-7)
HP:35

Minotaur Taskmaster
Attack:9 (6)
Defence:7 (5)
Damage:6-9 (5-8)
HP:40
Initative:10 (9)

Comments: The lowest growth of their level and average stats do nothing to promote the usefulness and survivability of Minotaurs, that's why generous modifications were needed. +3 attack so that it's the best of their level and +3 defence because I can't accept a sturdy warrior (by its looks) may have defence rating comparable to a lvl1 creature, let alone the second worst of their level; Minotaurs seem to have a tough hide and that should be reflected on their stats too. Their minimum/maximum damage has increased by 1, being superior to that of the Blood Maiden's family, while initiative has risen to 9 (as I've mentioned many times now, almost all creatures with initiative 8 gain +1).
Minotaur Guards have benefited also from Minotaurs' changes, while Minotaur Taskmasters have increased stats accordingly so that they keep the difference with those of Minotaur Guards (save defence, which is only +2 greater, because I wanted it to be lower than that of my version of Steel Golems).

Dark Rider
Attack:9
Defence:7
Damage:7-12
HP:45 (40)

Brisk Raider
Attack:12
Damage:9-12 (7-12)
HP:60

Wheeling Attack: delivers 50% of Brisk Raiders' normal damage to enemy stacks adjacent to their route (instead of 25%)

Comments: I've given +5 HP to Dark Riders to retain a proportionate difference in relation to what their upgrades have compared to other upgraded creatures' HP of the same level. Their speed needed also an increase by 1, so that they don't fall that behind compared to their upgrades and boost their efficiency in combat.
Brisk Raiders Wheeling attack (RPG stats folder) is an adequate substitute for Grim Raiders' Rider's Charge (coupled with increased attack, +2 minimum damage and initiative), only if it dealt 50% of their normal damage; 25% simply isn't satisfactory enough to make up for a killer ability.

Hydra
Defence:12
Damage:7-14
HP:80

Deep Hydra
Defence:15
Damage:9-14
HP:125

Foul Hydra
Defence:14
Damage:9-12
HP:115 (125)

Regeneration: Deep Hydras regenerate 125 HP each turn (instead of 30-50)

Comments: Each member of the Hydras family has received +1 initiative for the already known reasons. Other than that, Foul Hydras' HP has fallen by 10 by dint of the offensive (and particularly pestering due to the constant damage dealt each time they're attacked) nature of these creatures. On the other hand, to further augment Deep Hydras' defence-oriented nature I've modified their regeneration ability (RPG stats folder) so that each turn, they regenerate a full creature. Even in small numbers, particularly as it was, Deep Hydras' special isn't that much helpful, let alone in greater numbers.

Shadow Witch
Attack:20 (18)
Defence:18
Damage:17-24
HP:85 (80)
Shots:6 (4)
Mana: 23 (11)

Shadow Matriarch
Attack:23 (20)
Defence:22 (20)
Damage:17-27
HP:95 (90)
Shots:6 (4)
Mana: 34 (14)

Shadow Mistress
Attack:23 (20)
Defence:22 (20)
Damage:20-30
HP:105 (100)
Speed:6 (5)
Mana: 19 (14)

Shadow Witch, Shadow Matriarch: Ice Bolt (instead of Vulnerability)
Shadow Mistress: Bless (instead of Righteous Might), no Confusion
Shadow Mistress: Fly

Comments: Offensively and defensively Shadow Witches were below their tier standards. As a result, minor modifications were needed in the form of attack and HP which I've boosted +2 and +5 respectively. Their shots have increased by 50% and their mana by 12 spellpoints (so that they may cast their costlier spell twice and the rest once). However, their spellbook has changed a little, comprising of the spells Slow, Righteous Might and Ice Bolt, which replaces Vulnerability spell (all 3 of them on Advanced level instead of basic). Consequently, Shadow Witches have become more versatile and their usefulness along with survivability is guaranteed.
The same, but enhanced principles apply to Shadow Matriarchs also. +3 attack, +2 defence, +5 HP so that they are closer to their tier, 50% more shots and a whopping +20 spellpoints (again so as to be able to cast their costlier spell twice and the rest once). Their spellbook consists of the spells Slow, Righteous Might, Ice Bolt and Confusion (the first 3 on Expert level and the last on Advanced level).
Shadow Mistresses however, brought into a different approach, which I've tried to differentiate further. Apart from the same modifications they've undergone in relation to Shadow Matriarchs in attack, defence and HP, I've taken into consideration the abolition of Shadow Matriarchs' shooting ability (really useful in sieges) and have added the Fly special, with increased range by 1; this way Dungeon preserves its ability to attack with an extra unit in sieges. Finally, because Shadow Mistresses have clearly adopted the warriors approach, I've confined their spells only to Slow, Vulnerability and replaced Righteous Might with Bless for variety (all 3 on Expert level), doing away with the extremely powerful Confusion spell. As a result, their spellbook have merely gained +5 spellpoints.

Shadow Dragon
Attack:26 (25)
Defence:25 (24)
Damage:45-70
HP:200
Speed:8 (9)

Black Dragon
Attack:31 (31)
Defence:31 (31)
Damage:45-70
HP:300 (240)
Speed:9

Red Dragon
Attack:30
Defence:30
Damage:45-60
HP:290 (235)
Speed:9

Shadow Dragon: Magic Proof at 50%
Red Dragon: Magic Proof at 75%

Comments: Few changes to an already powerful creature; +1 to Shadow Dragons' attack and defence, because I wanted my version of Devils' defence to be the worst among unupgraded level 7 creatures and in parallel, to keep the difference between Shadow Dragons' attack and defence ratings. Their speed however, has dropped by 1, because I wanted it to be inferior to that of the weaker, but nimbler Green Dragons. Proceeding to the logic of mine that all unupgraded creatures should have another extra special and in line with Dungeon's affinity with Destructive Magic, I've given to Shadow Dragons 50% protection against destructive spells.
Black Dragons' main change focused on their HP, which has reached 300 HP now, being again the third best in that department, but much closer to the second and first (Lava and Magma Dragons). Finally, in order to be a tad better in attack and defence than my version of Titans, they've gained +1 respectively.
Red Dragons have also profited from the addition of Shadow Dragons' Magic Proof special, carrying a better version of it at 75%. Consequently, their vulnerabilities are essentially limited to Dark Magic only, whereas they may surpass Black Dragons' efficiency if by any chance Dungeon's hero is offered Light Magic. Thus, a player has an extra reason to select them over Black Dragons, because to be frank, Black Dragons are hands down the best alternative of the 2. Lastly, following Black Dragons' HP raise, they have become proportionately more durable by 55 HP.

P.S. If by any chance, somene knows how I can change Shadow Mistress's walking pattern into teleport pattern, I would much appreciate it. Thanks in advanve.

Next... HEAVEN!

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 06 Jan 2008, 08:42

Are you out of your mind boosting Maidens weekly growth with 2 from the begining? Maybe you have forgot that you may not sacrifice only creatures that suddenly joined your army, but when you take some non Dungeon castle? And what about the Refugees Camps? Believe me, in (not so) late game, when a stack of, let's say 6 Green Dragons join your army, they will be just the first ones, you'll have at least one more stack of them in next two turns joined. And than when you sacrifice them, you know what's happening?

I am still reading though...

You are soo wrong about the Reds... You had never tried the "Inferno" ability, didn't you ;) This idea about the teleporting of the Shadow Mistresses looks to me like a realy cool one, even though that everybody will actually see them, where they are while they are still invisible B-) And here I want it to ask, if the Mistresses do shoot like the Matriarchs with Eruina?

Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Titanus » 06 Jan 2008, 10:32

parcaleste wrote:Are you out of your mind boosting Maidens weekly growth with 2 from the begining? Maybe you have forgot that you may not sacrifice only creatures that suddenly joined your army, but when you take some non Dungeon castle? And what about the Refugees Camps? Believe me, in (not so) late game, when a stack of, let's say 6 Green Dragons join your army, they will be just the first ones, you'll have at least one more stack of them in next two turns joined. And than when you sacrifice them, you know what's happening?
Of course I haven't! But let me ask you something. How long will it take you to conquer an enemy castle (deeming it's fully built, which is another significant presupposition for the adequate exploitation of Ritual Pits) in order to take advandage of its generated creatures? Are you sure you can afford buying that many creatures merely to boost Maidens' growth by 2 or 3 and Minotaurs' by 1 on Heroic? Because above that increase, xp needed to boost their weekly generation is disproportionately greater. The fact is that early game, 5 Maidens a week is very low compared to other factions' 12-15 growth. And Maidens family is by no means double as powerful as any tier 2 creature, let alone more than double as powerful.
Regarding your Green Dragons example,I don't like to rely on my good luck to have neutrals join my army (and believe me, there have been times that my hero reached level 32-33 and no stack had joined me); personally, I'd rather have more control in my Maidens generation. If a neutral stack joins by sheer luck my lines, so be it and let them grow!
parcaleste wrote:You are soo wrong about the Reds... You had never tried the "Inferno" ability, didn't you ;)
I do have tried the 'Incinerate' ability; it's an ok special, but what if it is turned against you? won't it become your bane? and what about barrages of Imposions and Deep Freezes? My point is that Red Dragons may be stopped one way or the other, while Black Dragons are unstoppable! I only tried to partially remove a weakness of Red Dragons so that they are a good substitute for Blacks.
parcaleste wrote:This idea about the teleporting of the Shadow Mistresses looks to me like a realy cool one, even though that everybody will actually see them, where they are while they are still invisible B-) And here I want it to ask, if the Mistresses do shoot like the Matriarchs with Eruina?
That's the nature of the 'Invisibility' ability... We can't do anything about it. Regarding Eruina, I haven't tried her yet, therefore I don't know if Mistresses retain Matriarchs' shooting ability. Even if this is the case, my Mistresses have less and worse spells than Matriarchs on one hand and the shooting addition won't make such a difference between them and Matriarchs on the other. On top of that, melee-attacking or shooting while invisible are essentially unretaliated attacks and both will reveal Mitresses in the end.

Geo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Geo » 06 Jan 2008, 14:36

Your mod is obviously your cup of tea, and that's good for you. I must say, however, that you make a lot of changes I don't understand.

You buff almost every creature, and the nerfs you say you put in are few apart and for the most part rather negligible in relation to all the buffs. But I may be misunderstanding your intentions when I see your changes as tweaking, if what you intend is to make a completely new game balance.

You seem to be under the impression that almost all creatures need buffing (whether directly or indirectly through the buffing of other creatures), when in fact a good tweaking mod should only concentrate on potentially game breaking differences in creature or town balance etc. I agree on a few things, such as raising (pardon the pun) Raise Dead to the 3rd circle, and giving the matriarchs a stat-increase.

You, however, go far beyond this, and if this is what you like, than by all means, have fun! But you post this here for us to look at it critically and give you feedback. Your mod is not a balancing mod, if that's what you wanted to make.

1. By buffing most creatures, the effective changes are more or less lost. Sure, the Bone Dragons are weak, but you get three every week. How can you justify that growth? Why do you buff lvl. 1-3 creatures so much in any given faction, only to do the same in all the others?

2. You say your factions are balanced, and I will concede that I may be wrong, but I have a hard time believing that you have the time and people around you to make the amount of extensive testing to back your claim of faction balance.

3. You seem to be caught in an "arms race" between the factions, justifying the buffing of one creature by the buffing of another, and to my eyes that will not lead to faction balance. Any faction is a balance not only between creatures of the same tier between factions, but a balance of factions against factions as a whole. The fact that you ignore gating when boosting your inferno creatures shows this. Gating is part of the Inferno balance against other factions, and simply comparing creatures of any tier vs. other creatures of the same tier is bound to fail.

4. As an example of how a faction works together, consider this: Master Liches (small creature, buffed, w/ 3 Raise Dead) x3, Zombie (large creature, buffed) x3, Vampire Lord (buffed) x1. Now you have 9 (!) Raise Dead to cast, three stacks of large zombies to act as barriers and meatshields with a high enough initiative to actually do some damage as well. In addition the Vampire Lords are stronger and drain more life. How you can call this balance is beyond me.

To beat this you need equally powerful combinations in the other factions (which, by the way, you seem to have made), and so this is fine as such. But I'm left with the question "why?" What's the point of this change if your intention is faction balance?

That the creatures and factions could use some tweaking is a given. There will always be creatures and strategies that are overpowered (for instance the chieftain-cyclops combo), and the game would be better (in multiplayer) if such things were tweaked a bit. But, again, your mod has nothing to do with tweaking the balance between creatures and factions.

Hope I didn't ruin your day! As long as you have fun with this and this is how you would like the game to be, than I'm happy for you. But since you want this to be a balancing mod I must say I completely disagree with your approach and vision for the game.

Best!

Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Titanus » 10 Jan 2008, 05:30

Geo wrote:Your mod is obviously your cup of tea, and that's good for you. I must say, however, that you make a lot of changes I don't understand.
Aren't changes somebody's cup of tea, depending on their experience playing the game? Yes, my mod is my cup of tea, but there are changes that constitute clearly satisfaction of my 'caprices' if I may say so and there are changes that are of much greater essence.
Geo wrote:You buff almost every creature, and the nerfs you say you put in are few apart and for the most part rather negligible in relation to all the buffs. But I may be misunderstanding your intentions when I see your changes as tweaking, if what you intend is to make a completely new game balance.

You seem to be under the impression that almost all creatures need buffing (whether directly or indirectly through the buffing of other creatures), when in fact a good tweaking mod should only concentrate on potentially game breaking differences in creature or town balance etc. I agree on a few things, such as raising (pardon the pun) Raise Dead to the 3rd circle, and giving the matriarchs a stat-increase.
Yes I did buff almost every creature for the very simple reason that most creatures' stats (usually between the previous level and one level after) are intermingled and power amongst tiers doesn't distinguish. Another reason is that too many creatures had identical stats, illogical stats, stats that made them excessively strong/weak comparatively, didn't differentiate alternatives or made one significantly superior to the other. As a result, balanced was redefined under the afore-mentioned principles.
Geo wrote:1. By buffing most creatures, the effective changes are more or less lost. Sure, the Bone Dragons are weak, but you get three every week. How can you justify that growth?
Bone Dragon's growth was the first that came into mind when I started experimenting with them. If their growth was 2 units per week with a castle, their initial damage would be (15-30)*1.5=22.5-45 (significantly lower than their tier) and their HP would be 150*1.5=225 (still not the best). With my mod, damage changes to (25-35)*1.5=37.5-52.5 (still far from the best, but at least average).
Geo wrote:Why do you buff lvl. 1-3 creatures so much in any given faction, only to do the same in all the others?
I believe I explain as much as possible why I proceed to any given change. I don't care how much each analysis of each entry takes, as long as I make my point crystal clear.
Geo wrote:2. You say your factions are balanced, and I will concede that I may be wrong, but I have a hard time believing that you have the time and people around you to make the amount of extensive testing to back your claim of faction balance.
Believe me I've had plenty of time and I assure you they have been extensively tested, save very few changes in ToTE. As I said in my first post, I started experimenting 4-5 months before the game was launched.
Geo wrote:3. You seem to be caught in an "arms race" between the factions, justifying the buffing of one creature by the buffing of another, and to my eyes that will not lead to faction balance. Any faction is a balance not only between creatures of the same tier between factions, but a balance of factions against factions as a whole. The fact that you ignore gating when boosting your inferno creatures shows this. Gating is part of the Inferno balance against other factions, and simply comparing creatures of any tier vs. other creatures of the same tier is bound to fail.
Gating is an over-appreciated racial skill; the only occasions that it's really helpful is in sieges. Other than that, it takes valuable time till the first gated creatures act in battle and it can be easily countered by almost totally ignoring gated creatures or by banish ability (not to mention the new ToTE ring that permits a hero to aquire the banish ability, so that you don't have to seek Summoning Magic). However...
You can't prevent Dwarfs from casting those powerful Runes.
You can't counter the 'zillions' of creatures that Shrine of the Netherworld permits you to transform.
You can't prevent avenger (coupled with luck) from kicking in, especially now that luck hits values more than 5 quite easily.
You can't prevent artificer from countering everything you may pack as a might or magic hero.
You can't prevent elemental chains and irresistible magic from kicking in(even a 30+ level Marbas with Magic Resistance ability and carrying Boots of Magic Defence [that's a freaking 55% Magic Resistance] managed to resist only 1 out of 6-7 crazy empowered spells an enemy level 28 Warlock tossed at him......)
I hope you get the point!
Geo wrote:4. As an example of how a faction works together, consider this: Master Liches (small creature, buffed, w/ 3 Raise Dead) x3, Zombie (large creature, buffed) x3, Vampire Lord (buffed) x1. Now you have 9 (!) Raise Dead to cast, three stacks of large zombies to act as barriers and meatshields with a high enough initiative to actually do some damage as well. In addition the Vampire Lords are stronger and drain more life. How you can call this balance is beyond me.
You have a point here! Llast time I played with Necropolis, my Lich Masters had 23 instead of 28 spell points. I made a mistake.
About Zombies, what is the tremendous change I made in their damage? I just wanted them to be at the lower end of their level, not have average damage for tier 1 creatures. Regarding their initiative... it's simply a joke; they rarely get into play. My purpose is all low initiative creatures to be more active.
Geo wrote:To beat this you need equally powerful combinations in the other factions (which, by the way, you seem to have made), and so this is fine as such. But I'm left with the question "why?" What's the point of this change if your intention is faction balance?

I beleieve I have answered your question by now.
Geo wrote:Hope I didn't ruin your day! As long as you have fun with this and this is how you would like the game to be, than I'm happy for you. But since you want this to be a balancing mod I must say I completely disagree with your approach and vision for the game.
Best!
Of course you didn't! In fact, I enjoyed your post very much. However, If you have spare time, play a duel with factions I have analysed so far and post a report of how you found it. Appearances may be deceiving...

Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Factions Balance

Unread postby Titanus » 12 Jan 2008, 02:42

Peasant
Defence:1
Damage:1-2 (1-1)
HP:4 (3)

Conscript
HP:6

Brute
Defence:1
HP:5 (6)

Comments: Peasants fought with Skeletons for the worst creature of the game and they won the title by a good margin. Their low speed is a crippling characteristic, while the absence of a special, below average initiative and the worst damage and HP don't help either. Therefore, +1 maximum damage, +1 initiative and +1 HP somehow enhance their survivability.
Conscripts, though numerous still falter in relation to almost all other upgraded tier 1 units, thus they've gained +1 to initiative and another extra point to their maximum damage, making up for their slowness and random special.
Brutes on the other hand have retained the previous changes, but they've lost 1 HP by dint of their improved offensive traits compared to Conscripts.

Archer
Damage:3-4 (2-4)
HP:7
Initative:9

Marksman
Damage:2-6 (2-8)
HP:10

Crossbowman
Damage:3-4 (2-8)
HP:10

Comments: Archers have increased minimum damage by 1 to differentiate them from the damage of my version of Horned Overseers and Grunts.
Marksmen’s damage however was off the charts, especially abetted by the 'blessing'...support of Inquisitors; that's why I've reduced their maximum damage by 2, whereas I've retained their unupgraded counterpart's initiative.
Even Marksmen’s modified damage was too much for Crossbowmen's special, so I've kept Archers' damage. This way they deal better damage than Marksmen's long-distance damage, even if the latter are blessed on expert level, making the choice between the two of them more difficult. Finally, initiative was brought to Marksmen's level as well.

Footman
Defence:8
Damage:2-5 (2-4)
HP:20 (16)
Initative:8

Squire
Damage:3-5 (2-5)
HP:28 (26)
Initative:8

Vindicator
Attack:6 (8)
Damage:3-5 (2-5)
HP:22 (26)
Initative:10 (8)
Speed:5 (4)

Comments: Even by their looks, let alone their stats and role, Footmen should clearly be more durable, therefore I've raised their HP by 4, while they've gained +1 maximum damage to equalise it with that of my version of Ghosts.
+1 to the minimum damage of Squires to differentiate it from that of Footmen and +2 to their HP, in light of Vindicators' new role.
I deemed Vindicators quite similar to Squires statisticswise, so I've made them more attack-oriented. I've decreased their attack by 2 because I don't think they should be the best of their level in that department and I've retained the same damage with Squires, but now they have +2 initiative and +1 speed more than the latter. Lastly, to make amends for their quickness and special, I've lowered their HP by 4.

Griffin
Attack:7
Defence:5
Damage:5-10
HP:35 (30)
Initative:15

Imperial Griffin
Attack:9
Damage:5-15
HP:40 (35)
Initative:15

Comments: Before alternatives were introduced, I had always felt that Griffins were a bit more vulnerable than they should be. In conjunction with the tank that is called Battle Griffin, this notion was accentuated even further, that's why I've added 5 points to their HP.

Priest
Attack:13 (12)
Defence:12
Damage:10-13 (9-12)
HP:54
Shots:10 (7)

Inquisitor
Attack:16
Defence:16
HP:80
Shots:10 (7)
Mana:20 (12)

Zealot
Attack:20
Defence:14
HP:75 (80)
Mana:26 (15)

Comments: To increase Priests' low offensive capabilities a bit, I've given them +1 attack and +1 minimum and maximum damage.
Same deal with Inquisitors' and Zealots' damage, whereas Zealots, being the more attack-oriented alternative, have lost 5 HP. Finally, shots and mana have received the usual increases.

Cavalier
Attack:23
Defence:21
Damage:15-25 (20-30)
HP:90

Paladin
Defence:24
Damage:20-25 (20-30)
HP:100

Champion
Defence:20
Damage:15-30 (20-35)
HP:100

Comments: Cavaliers and especially their upgrades don't need that much damage (further assisted by their great special) to continue on being the killers they currently are; thus I've reduced their minimum/maximum damage by 5 in Cavaliers and Champions case and -5 to maximum damage in Paladins case.

Angel
Attack:28 (27)
Defence:29 (27)
Damage:45
HP:180
Mana:15 (0)

Archangel
Attack:32 (31)
Defence:34 (31)
Damage:50
HP:240 (220)
Mana:15 (0)

Seraph
Attack:35
Defence:25
Damage:25-75
HP:250 (220)
Mana:21 (14)

Angel, Archangel: Word of Light, Bravery
Seraph: Life Drain

Comments: Significant changes for Heaven's tier 7. To enhance somewhat Angels' defence-oriented nature on one hand and avoid the typical 27 attack of most unupgraded level 7 creatures on the other, I've raised both +2 and +1 respectively. I've also given them greater mobility by increasing their speed to 7 and greater usefulness against evil races (since they are divine creatures) by making them casters, able to cast Word of Light on Basic level once. Lastly, their divinity is further expressed by the addition of a new special, that is Bravery, consequently rendering Angels immune to negative morale affecting abilities or artifacts.
Archangels share the last two traits too (casters and Bravery), but Word of Light is now cast on Advanced level. They have +1 in attack, because I wanted it to be superior to that of Black Dragons and +3 in defence, being third only after Magma and Lava Dragons, whereas I've added only 20 points to their HP.
Seraphs on the other hand are a totally different approach. Initially, my main concern was how to modify the absurd amounts of spell damage Divine Guidance dealt. After some experimentation I decided to reduce its spellpower in the following way:
NONE: F*(Power+5) instead of F*(Power+10)
BASIC: F*(Power+10) instead of 3F*(Power+30)
ADVANCED: 2F*(Power+20) instead of 4F*(Power+40)
EXPERT: 3F*(Power+30) instead of 6F*(Power+60)
This way Divine Guidance is in 75%-80% of cases (give or take) less powerful than my version of Implosion (60*Power+60). I've also raised its spell cost to 21 instead of 14.
Having in mind that now tier 7 units are considerably more powerful, the return of Life Drain special isn't insanely overpowered any more, which is further redeemed for with increased HP by 30 points. The loss of Bravery special, coupled with the worst defence among all other tier 7 units and the huge gap between minimum and maximum damage makes it almost equal in power and useful in different occasions in relation to Archangels.

Next...SYLVAN!

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 12 Jan 2008, 11:33

I was wondering about the Lava and Magma Dragons... As Resurrection or Raise Death or whatever like these spells can't be casted on them, is it possible to "provide" them with ability like the one the Magnetic Golems have?

Tensho
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Tensho » 12 Jan 2008, 12:32

No shots bonus to archers and there upgrades?Or you just missed that one.And you shoud not nerfed them ...i love them :(
btw nice buffing with priests!They really needed it...
And i guess to balance,u nerfed cavaliers and made angels imba :-D
Also,i dont agree u gave peasants more dmg...dont forget that they arent the best fighting units due to there taxpayer skill.
Dont angry the banana!

Titanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Titanus » 13 Jan 2008, 08:17

parcaleste wrote:I was wondering about the Lava and Magma Dragons... As Resurrection or Raise Death or whatever like these spells can't be casted on them, is it possible to "provide" them with ability like the one the Magnetic Golems have?
Indeed, Resurrection or Raise Dead can't be cast but Rune of Resurrection partially make amends for them.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”