Enabling Hot Seat in the Beta

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 02 Feb 2006, 18:06

Arzang wrote:no ai huh? guess I'll have to drag my friend's ass over here so we can play a bit.

I noticed that travelling between underground and "normal"ground can make the game hang.
Noticed that also with the transition between above and below ground. Very annoying.

The no AI is alright as farb as I'm concerned. I barely know the creatures as is, and so it's fine for now. And after playing HOMM IV I'm used to not having an opponent.
Hell has frozen over...

Malicen
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Malicen » 02 Feb 2006, 22:43

This patch worked rather well in my case. No crashes and I'm playing this game with 512MB RAM. :) Anyway. Though it is nice it is boring to play in single player, the computer just does nothing, why doesn't it have AI... :( But I guess it is OK if you have a few friends to play on hot seat.
The prayers of the soul tend towards the helping angels discovering the griefs of the heart when pains are consuming it burning.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 03 Feb 2006, 14:26

Heck, even setting yourself up as both players is interesting purely from the town comparison standpoint. I played against myself, Necropolis vs. Dungeon. I grew to greatly understand the difference between cheap weak troops and expensive powerful troops.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

jamsz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jamsz » 03 Feb 2006, 15:27

Still no change in the original (bad) instructions?

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 03 Feb 2006, 18:15

jamsz wrote:Still no change in the original (bad) instructions?
if you mean the instructions to apply this patch, they're fine.

if you want any help you could try asking them here. someone will help you. I know I will try at least.

oh and total commander/windows commander is so much better to use than winrar for this. for the very simple reason that renaming a file within a packed file with winrar is harder to do whereas windows commander is freakishly user friendly. greatly recommended for everyone.

grumpy_dwarf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grumpy_dwarf » 03 Feb 2006, 18:17

Hotseat is great for testing two factions (Inferno kicking Haven's BTW) with no lag at all.

The hang in above/underground transition that I have found is when the hero touches both the treasure chest and the stairs at the same time....

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 03 Feb 2006, 19:46

Played hotseat with a friend of mine yesterday.....

....not only it was the first time the game was nearly "playable" and even enjoyable..... we encountered tons of bugs that we wouldn't have noticed if we had played it via Ubi servers..... because of the lousy (connection?) performance and the average lasting of an online game (10 to a maximum of 30 minutes average?)....

....so if Ubi wants to recieve many and good bug reports, they should have added hotseat right from the start.... AND should surely not complain, that someone has enabled this option now!

Amazing how different the game can appear..... if you are actually able to play it :D

Thanks to Anddrej
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 04 Feb 2006, 02:47

Out of curiosity, has Ubi complained about this yet?
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 04 Feb 2006, 03:24

Bandobras Took wrote:Out of curiosity, has Ubi complained about this yet?
"According to a reliable source" they didn't complain about, and even tactictly encouraged, this sort of thing during the closed beta because as others have noticed it lets people bug/balance test a lot better.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 04 Feb 2006, 12:55

Sorry, maybe my lack of english skills are blamable for this misconception....

....what i meant was, that Ubi should not complain in the future, not that they already did.... i thought that the "should" sufficiently marked the possibility of this event!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 04 Feb 2006, 16:26

omegaweix wrote:
Sorry, maybe my lack of english skills are blamable for this misconception....

....what i meant was, that Ubi should not complain in the future, not that they already did.... i thought that the "should" sufficiently marked the possibility of this event!
No, you were clear enough, but your comment sparked my related question.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 05 Feb 2006, 00:49

guys i downloaded the hotseat thing its awesom but as soon as i get into that very first battle, after about one round the game crashes. sum1 help me, tell me how to fix it, or at least tell me why it happens. btw, its been doing that wen i played online too. sum1 help me plz, i just want to get past the first round of the game one time!!

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 05 Feb 2006, 15:34

ok so i olayed a few more games, and found out that when i use the academy the game runs alot smoother. now it dosent crash at all except for when i try to save the game, and it always crashes at some point during a battle, before i get more than half done with it, and always either while someone is attacking or when someone is moving, not when its my turn and im not doing anything. other than that, the game runs almost perfectly (it does get a little chopppy when i enter the town). also, did anybody else notice that when u enter the academy town the whole town itself (only the buildings and such, not the sky background) is black? not completely black, just shadowed, but u can still make out details. maybe its just something wrong with my comp.... neway, i really need some help about that battle thing because i can only go for so long without going into battle.

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 07 Feb 2006, 14:33

Umm, I don't have a MainMenu2 folder in data.pack \ui\ ?

Bad Wolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bad Wolf » 07 Feb 2006, 14:36

You don't need to touch data.pak at all, just create a folder called UI in heroesVdir/data and put the mainmenu2 folder there :)
The world is full of insanity, that has no cure. Labour to keep yourself stable, and your mind pure.
- Mid-Night Paladin

Linky
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Linky » 07 Feb 2006, 14:41

EDIT: Ok reinstalling did the trick. Thanks!

mazen123
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mazen123 » 10 Feb 2006, 17:46

help me pls I want enable hoat sea and single player but i cant :(

I done this but still cant

You don't need to touch data.pak at all, just create a folder called UI in heroesVdir/data and put the mainmenu2 folder there .

somebody helo how to enable hot sea ?

Mrooz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mrooz » 16 Feb 2006, 16:12

I have played HS for hours yesterday and I haven't got any crash
But the pace of game is so slow on my comp . I'm gonna test the game in MP now

nyte_rogue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby nyte_rogue » 25 Feb 2006, 20:26

OK, I have to be completely honest here....I'm a complete computer moron. I realize that this may be a pain but could someone please reissue the instructions as a sort of "Enabling Hotseat for Dummies" ? :S I know I should be able to keep up with you guys but I'm afraid I might have missed something and I really don't want to have to spend another 4+ hours re-downloading the beta...lol

Thanks!! :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”