Heroes VI Wishlist And Engine Poll

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Do you think Heroes 6 should use the same engine as 5?

Yes. But give graphics a tweak. More Factions plz!
61%
No. Game looks bad enough. Upgrade time baby!
39%

Total votes: 61

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 20 Jan 2008, 21:09

The thread starter has it right.

I would be satisfied with H6 being simply a very big expansion to heroes 5 (for example double the additional content than TotE).

heck, i would even prefer another expansion to H5 than H6.
New game makes all old stuff obsolete. Maps, artifacts etc.. need to be made all over again. And with an explanation of updated graphix we would get half content again.

I can already see the marketing for H6 "Enjoy fantasy world with more than 30 spells, 5 greatly detailed factions and more than 60 creatures"..
And ppl would fall for it again...

H5 has decent engine, tho it could be optimised a bit. No need to upgrade since everything looks nice now as well. Increase a poligon count on creatures but thats it.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 20 Jan 2008, 21:21

My Wishes for H6:

-Adition of Sanctum (Nagas)
-Better Magic system (more like the one from H4) and more spells
-Spell Combination - some spells, when put on a creature together, add aditional effect
-Spellmaker - combine or create new spells in towns - price of it depends on power while success of making depends on a certain skill
-return of Prisons - it is annoying when you kill a hero and he appears in tavern again after few weeeks. He should be sent to nearest town and wait to be saved. If his player is defeated and he ain't a custom hero, he might join you for a price. Also, Prison caravans would be nice
-alternative upgrades should stay in
-creature experience
-third upgrade level that would require a lot of gold and sufficient creature experience
-few more things
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 21 Jan 2008, 03:52

Reading all these post...
So many great ideas, what won't reach the game...
Sometimes it's a real pity that developers do not cooperate with fans.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

mctronic
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mctronic » 21 Jan 2008, 03:56

My Wishes for H6:

- Heroes back in battle (like heroes 4)
- Shorter time between CPU turns
- Better AI (at least like Heroes 3)
- Leaving the rest has it is

asuka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby asuka » 02 Feb 2008, 04:39

I also prefer an improved H5 without additional factions. I do not believe adding factions would improve the game (eg. SC only has three well balanced races & the game is awesome). Here are my wishes:

1. Improve AI ability & shorten their turns.
2. Improve faction balance.\
3. Improve alternate upgrades.
4. Improve balance between might & magic (I think magic is too powerful in H5).
5. And PLEASE make a better campaign.

That's all for now.

asuka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby asuka » 06 Feb 2008, 06:36

I remembered now, I also would love to see the next Heroes to have a 3D combat field. A 3D field like that in Final Fantasy Tactics. Even with the current engine, this should not be too hard.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Feb 2008, 13:28

One thought about imprisoning heroes... maybe it should be made creatures in BF at the end of combat dependent... for example if the winner is left with more then half/quarter/"amount tested for balance" the loser goes to the nearest jail, but if not he escapes... they could even have different % for how many creatures are left...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MattII
Demon
Demon

Unread postby MattII » 07 Feb 2008, 06:47

Hi, sort of new here, but was on forumplanet.com before the shift when this sort of thing was going on about H5. Anyway.

One thing that does strike me about H5 (haven't actually played the game, we have trouble getting the game down here in NZ), and H3, is the inordinate fondness of upgrades, in H3 it was 1, now it's 2, with no mention of the at first rather popular ideas of H2 style random upgrades mixed with H4 style exclusive creatures/upgrades.

I've also been developing some town creature lists I had from the H5 suggestions, and have thus far managed to to get 10 towns, each with at least 2 additional creatures, and over a dozen neutrals.

In addition, I'd like to see a few more spells, H3 had 59 combat spells and 10 adventure spells (some across all spell schools), and there are some in H5 which a could raise the total even further.

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 07 Feb 2008, 16:03

I think the faction balance in TotE is the best it has been at any point in the series. Same with Might/Magic balance.

I'm happy with keeping the current game engine, the engine/graphics are pretty good right now and not the most important thing. What the game desperately needs are:

More/More varied multiplayer maps
A better map editor
Better AI
More adventure map locations
Better campaigns

Battles in H5 would be perfect (in my opinion) if the AI players fought them a bit better, but the adventure map feels fairly dull, every map has a similar layout and every map has more or less the same things in it.

More factions would be great (if done right), more neutral creatures would be fantastic, more creature tiers may work well also? And the game needs more artifacts. But I think the most important ways H6 needs to improve on H5 are the 5 mentioned above.[/list]

ramparter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ramparter » 07 Feb 2008, 18:21

- I 'd like to see 4 levels of creatures. That doesn't mean I want 4 creatures only per faction. I just believe it makes more sense that way. We have weak units, medium, strong and super. The way it is now there units of different levels that don't differ that much in power.

- Heroes to participate a bit more in Combat. Let them lead a specified stack, giving it morale and other bonuses depending on skills. When the stack is eliminated, hero goes to another until his whole army is destroyed.

- Spoils of War. After defeating a battle player should gain some gold and resources depending on defeated army.

- I like abilities, its one of the best HV features. I just dont like the strict requirements you have to meet so you can gain the best abilities. It ruins the whole idea of being able to make very unique heroes with different abilities and skills.

- More spells!!!

- More buildings in towns.

sezerp
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sezerp » 08 Feb 2008, 16:12

ramparter wrote:- I 'd like to see 4 levels of creatures. That doesn't mean I want 4 creatures only per faction. I just believe it makes more sense that way. We have weak units, medium, strong and super. The way it is now there units of different levels that don't differ that much in power.
I couldn't disagree more :disagree:

I remember the times (H1&2) when dragons where uberunits - when you had those black babies you ceased to recruit anything else... Personally I don't want that 'feature' back. In H4 it was even worse (IMHO), because there lvl 1 creatures where dead meat against lvl 2, which in turn where dead meat against lvl 3. (yeah, I know, I'm exagerating, it wasn't that bad, yet, it wasn't too good either.)

I think the H3&5 are about right in regard to number of creature levels and sth. that we could call 'vertical balance', by which I mean balance btw. diff. creature levels. Because what I like about H3 & 5, is that strongest creatures do not guarantee your victory. They are important, they give you huge advantage, but the same can be said about creatures lvl 1.

And I like that between 'strong' and 'super' there's sth like 'very strong' and 'nearly super'. You know, the world (even fantasy world) is not discrete :-) (well, it is, but only on subatomic level :devil: )

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 09 Feb 2008, 15:53

A new faction is for sure, so there's no point on asking for it. I'd better ask for a better balance. I don't mean the current is completely unbalanced (although some points are clearly so), I mean I'd rather a game which didn't finish on a single combat blow, but a game whose key remained (as on the previous Heroes games) on the tactical movements, and not a overpowered perk and/or a creature special ability.
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 09 Feb 2008, 16:09

My little wishlist:

-Fighthing heroes come back! One-man army ftw.
-Linear exp progression with no cap... no caps at all!
-Various artifact pool - before TotE they could only modify initiative, as any attack bonus was not significant at all.
-More customizable skill choice - H4 system with TotE feats list could make a great fun
-Mod supoort, including new units, artifacts, spells... at least to some extent.
I would like the basic game rules to be customisable - some choice of WoG options for example. If players want to play chess-like game or lead hundreds of units gainst thousands od enemies, it's up to them not any of developer's inteligent plan.
-Do not try making the work of mappers harder than it was some years ago => intuitive editor + resonable scripting. If you want just to double town's income, it does not require lines of coding.
-LOADING TIME reduction, dammit!

I don't care about graphics as I have to zoom seriously to see any polygons already.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Feb 2008, 11:49

Seems like this needs repeating every few pages: GET A BETTER OPTIMIZED ENGINE... or at least better optimize the one you have. Seriously, going from TotE back to vanilla (patched to 1.6) H5 runs slower actually...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 23 Feb 2008, 00:35

Alright, main post is updated! Enjoy! And wow, the great ideas that pour'eth forth like chock'o'late pudding!

Some of my impressions that reach over a few ideas tossed out...

7 unit tiers is best, because of the dramatic power level between 1&2 and so on that was Heroes 4. In fact, an even 8 would actually be kinda nice.

I like how heroes can fight, but can't be pwned by a single ice bolt anymore... like in H4. If you can fathom out something where Heroes *don't die* so easily yet are still balanced... please tell me how that would be possible! Otherwise I like H5's hero/combat mechanic.

Directional hitting, where it mattered which way you face, would be cool. Like Final Fantasy Tactics! Woot!

I'd like a Swamp/Naga town in 6, in addition to the Ice Town I'm working on.

Good stuff guys...

Archaven
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archaven » 23 Feb 2008, 06:30

I seriously thinks that Heroes 6 needs a new engine. The graphics are so bad or perhaps the units model were designed badly? Long waiting times and jerky graphics especially on huge maps. Bad AI.. just to name a few. It's time for an upgrade i would say. Or perhaps Nival is not up to the task? Maybe we should change developer too.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”