Consequence of fleeing

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
danhvo
Scout
Scout

Consequence of fleeing

Unread postby danhvo » 06 Dec 2007, 23:29

In TotE, does the AI suffer the same consequence for fleeing as human players? I notice that they flee so easily, and never, ever, surrender. If I understand correctly, if you flee, as opposed to surrender, you lose most of your troops. If that is the case for the AI also, shouldn't they try to inflict as much damage on you as possible before fleeing?

Also, when an AI hero flees, sometimes he leaves behind artifacts, but usually not; I know he has them just from the powers he and/or his creatures have. So is this a random thing?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Dec 2007, 09:21

Should the AI be competent? Why yes it should... unfortunatly it ain't.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 07 Dec 2007, 13:40

I've never noticed the AI dropping any artifacts when fleeing.

There are times when it has told me the AI has fled, but then when rehired he has the same troops. So I was wondering - when surrenduring, does the money go to the other player, or just vanish? Perhaps when the AI flees it is actually sometimes surrenduring, and the message you get is the same?

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 Dec 2007, 19:25

It was a lot frustrating in H3 too when a high lvl warlock retreated after casting Armageddon, to not to talk about H2 or H1
This was a feature, what I liked in H4.
And now again. I don't really undertand why they haven't teached AI, to surrend.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 07 Dec 2007, 19:48

That's why I always buy the Shackles of War if I get a chance. I get really sick of fighting a huge battle and losing most of my troops, only to have the computer run away.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 08 Dec 2007, 00:30

Omega_Destroyer wrote:That's why I always buy the Shackles of War if I get a chance. I get really sick of fighting a huge battle and losing most of my troops, only to have the computer run away.
The keyword is the "IF", since I think, that no (experienced) player misses to buy Shakles of War if he has a chance.

Mlai
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mlai » 08 Dec 2007, 14:49

I'm playing thru the ToE campaign right now (up to orc segment), and I haven't had a hero flee on me once (never had Shackles). Is the AI script different for campaign??

Edit to below: That must be it. I'm playing on Normal. I wish they don't use different AI routines for the campaign, and just make the AI cheat less. But then, with the AI flee bug, I guess I wouldn't want to play against the Hard/Heroic AI script.
Last edited by Mlai on 08 Dec 2007, 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 08 Dec 2007, 15:35

Fleeing is very difficulty dependent, what level are you playing on?

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 08 Dec 2007, 17:58

Mlai wrote:I'm playing thru the ToE campaign right now (up to orc segment), and I haven't had a hero flee on me once (never had Shackles). Is the AI script different for campaign??

Edit to below: That must be it. I'm playing on Normal. I wish they don't use different AI routines for the campaign, and just make the AI cheat less. But then, with the AI flee bug, I guess I wouldn't want to play against the Hard/Heroic AI script.
That's it. On easy the AI will never flee, while on Heroic will always if you are to beat it. Concerning the between diff. I think you can make the math.

the_critical_process
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby the_critical_process » 09 Apr 2009, 15:53

I'm also seeing the AI "flee" and come right back with the same troops. I'm not getting paid surrender money for it either. And it seems to be happening every other battle. I'm running v.1.60. It is a bug, and if so, is there a way to fix it, or a commonly used way to address it?
Art is a lie that helps us to see the truth

Return to “Heroes V-VI”