Invisibility overpowered + Starwars start!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 09 Dec 2007, 13:55

Is this another thread in which GOW complains about the underpoweredness of his favorite faction, Academy? Because if it is it's kind of old news.

Frankly I think Academy are very strong and by no means inferior to Dungeon. If anything Dungeon should get a boost.

Really.

Academy Early Game > Dungeon Early Game : because of the larger mana pool

Academy Mid Game <= Dungeon Mid Game : because warlocks get good destructive power

Academy Late Game >> Dungeon Late Game: Dark Magic and Miniartifacts anyone?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 09 Dec 2007, 14:01

okrane wrote:Is this another thread in which GOW complains about the underpoweredness of his favorite faction, Academy? Because if it is it's kind of old news.
Pardon me? I did not start this thread and never start threads to complain. Moreover, I gave reasons why I believe the staker to be overpowered. Because you disagree with me you launch a personal attack upon me. How childish.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 09 Dec 2007, 14:53

Sure Stalker are cool on paper but in game? I`ll have to upgrade their building and build 2 mage guild levels. Thats at least 3 turns before i can use this "strategy". But by that time most of the weak neutrals will be destroyed(or at least should be, if you don`t control vital mines after first few turns then you have serious problems). Also by that time i`ll be somewhere around level 4, if i was lucky i`ll have 2 knowledge, i might even get attack/defense which would be complete waste. Remaining neutrals will be stronger, with lots of hp to kill, i doubt that i`ll be able even to win one battle at that time without using up all my MP.

Sure later when i`ll have better spells/more mp/higher SP i might have easy time against shooters/casters with such strategy, on the other hand griffins also can do that and i have never heard anyone saying that they are overpowered. Level difference doesn`t matter because both "tactics" will be(most of the time) viable only in a mid/late game.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 09 Dec 2007, 15:41

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:
okrane wrote:Is this another thread in which GOW complains about the underpoweredness of his favorite faction, Academy? Because if it is it's kind of old news.
Pardon me? I did not start this thread and never start threads to complain. Moreover, I gave reasons why I believe the staker to be overpowered. Because you disagree with me you launch a personal attack upon me. How childish.

GOW
sorry...

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 09 Dec 2007, 18:30

Meandor wrote:Sure Stalker are cool on paper but in game? I`ll have to upgrade their building and build 2 mage guild levels. Thats at least 3 turns before i can use this "strategy".
So what? Aren't there loose resources strewn about your castle that you could be picking up? And you don't need a level 2 mage guild, level 1 will do just fine for starters.

IMHO, with stalkers the warlock has by far the strongest start out of any faction. I am just playing a map with Dungeon and am storming through most of my territory with just my stalkers and the hero, snatching artifacts protected by guardians who would have made short work of my existing army, or would have taken a considerable toll on a larger army of mine. There is also the matter of Dark Ritual, and frankly, I don't know why so many people seem to dislike this. To me, this seems like a wonderful addition for the warlock, augmenting his weak knowledge; and rather than going back to the castle/eldritch well, you can just wait for one turn and have your hero ready for the next (cakewalk) victory.

It is because of all of this that I am still uncertain whether invisibility is not actually somewhat overpowered.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 17 Dec 2007, 00:49

no offence but all that is just lame that the kid on YouTube did. wow. :disagree:
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”