Plague Zombie vs. Disease Zombie

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Which one do you use the most?

Plague Zombie
29%
Disease Zombie
71%

Total votes: 31

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Plague Zombie vs. Disease Zombie

Unread postby Angelspit » 23 Nov 2007, 19:18

Click on the image for stats.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 23 Nov 2007, 20:15

Disease Zombies. Zombies are first and foremost meatshields, not damage dealers.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Nov 2007, 23:06

Isn't that Rot Zombies?!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 24 Nov 2007, 09:55

Isn't that Rot Zombies?!
It's Rob Zombies.

And the CH HoMM V creature section needs sdome heavy duty updating,
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 24 Nov 2007, 12:21

Zombies?
I think they are the most useless creatures in the whole game. Just like in H3, where you wouldn't do their building if it wasn't a requirment for the mausoleum, here in H5 I wouldn't do if i wasn't in my way for Capitol.
They aren't usable in the begining, nor in the middle, and if you rely on them in the end, than, that's the seddest thing.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 24 Nov 2007, 13:43

I find that Rot Zombies are better, as with the slightly higher Initiative they actually stand a chance of hitting something (especially after Mass Slow). They are usually just there to look after the Archers/Liches, but because they don't often fight you can get quite a few of them and that's useful in a really long battle.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Nov 2007, 13:55

Somehow I like plague zombies more but the others are probably more effective.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 24 Nov 2007, 14:47

Disease Zombies for the higher HP, as Gaidal Cain said, they're supposed to be meatshield. Also, they don't need to attack for their effect to "proc".

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Nov 2007, 17:35

Muszka wrote:Zombies?
I think they are the most useless creatures in the whole game. Just like in H3, where you wouldn't do their building if it wasn't a requirment for the mausoleum, here in H5 I wouldn't do if i wasn't in my way for Capitol.
They aren't usable in the begining, nor in the middle, and if you rely on them in the end, than, that's the seddest thing.
they are very usefull as meatshield for your sceleton archers
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 24 Nov 2007, 18:18

haloswift wrote:
they are very usefull as meatshield for your sceleton archers
I don't think they are so good as meatshield since upgradeing such an unit won't repay me. I rather go for Vampire upg.
And when I have skeletron archers I already have the Vamp upg.
Although in a WoG campaign I had some Zombies with 500 HP, 50 attack, 50 def, 50 speed. It was interesting.
I never liked them before nor after.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Nov 2007, 19:02

srry dubble post
Last edited by Mirez on 24 Nov 2007, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 24 Nov 2007, 19:03

I don't think they are so good as meatshield since upgradeing such an unit won't repay me. I rather go for Vampire upg.
And when I have skeletron archers I already have the Vamp upg.
Although in a WoG campaign I had some Zombies with 500 HP, 50 attack, 50 def, 50 speed. It was interesting.
I never liked them before nor after.
agreed, I prefer not upgrading them at all

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 24 Nov 2007, 20:18

Zombies provide the most HP per unit of Dark Energy for a Necro to raise (and Skeletons provide the most damage per unit of DE). If you rely on magic (Destructive or Summoning with Phoenix) to win battles, they can be used effectively - they take a lot of time to kill, and Mark of the Necro placed on them provides you with mana. All your Zombies have to do is Defend, the hero will do the killing.
If you manage to take Preparation ability, Plague Zombies start to become very interesting. You just have to Defend with them, as even 1-Zombie stack will cause Plague on the unit attacking it, even if the entire stack will be killed. Preparation allows them to strike first even on defence. Nearly the same can be done with Last Stand ability, though you'll need stacks of 2 Plague Zombies each.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 24 Nov 2007, 20:43

yuritch wrote:Zombies provide the most HP per unit of Dark Energy for a Necro to raise (and Skeletons provide the most damage per unit of DE). If you rely on magic (Destructive or Summoning with Phoenix) to win battles, they can be used effectively - they take a lot of time to kill, and Mark of the Necro placed on them provides you with mana. All your Zombies have to do is Defend, the hero will do the killing.
If you manage to take Preparation ability, Plague Zombies start to become very interesting. You just have to Defend with them, as even 1-Zombie stack will cause Plague on the unit attacking it, even if the entire stack will be killed. Preparation allows them to strike first even on defence. Nearly the same can be done with Last Stand ability, though you'll need stacks of 2 Plague Zombies each.
Don't forget that Necro is in many ways unique. And necro can be an unfillable hole, what concerns the money, I mean, the Necro can convert every other unit to their own. If someone plays Necro he/she really should consider even from begining what he/she spends money on, 'cos every coin can mean another dragon, every resource can mean another lich. So spending on some Zombies what you buy only to defend with them is somehow cutting branches under yourself.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 24 Nov 2007, 21:17

None.

you are better off using skeleton archers and warriors for their shield abilities and Master liches and Archliches for some good spellcasting...

Just my 2c.

If you are orson maybe use the plague ones because as they will be the only ones left they will greatly weaken enemy troops....

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 24 Nov 2007, 23:10

I usually use the Rot Zombies. I like the special more than the Plague's one.

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 24 Nov 2007, 23:23

Zombies are awesome to draw Retaliations!
The Aura of Rot Zombie is pretty cool too.

Also in campaign i used them alot because they can stand a lot of damage. I didn't have to wait for my other creatures to come along when you have Avatar of Death. And when facing Ranged opponents Zombies is just what you need in order for your summoned Phoenix/Elemental or Avatar of Death to come and destroy everybody since the crippers (did i say that right?) dont attack your summoned creatures.

And even if you dont have Summoning, i still think they are very useful.
Necromancers creatures are all cheap anyway.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 25 Nov 2007, 03:22

Ar.Pi wrote:Zombies are awesome to draw Retaliations!
The Aura of Rot Zombie is pretty cool too.

Also in campaign i used them alot because they can stand a lot of damage. I didn't have to wait for my other creatures to come along when you have Avatar of Death. And when facing Ranged opponents Zombies is just what you need in order for your summoned Phoenix/Elemental or Avatar of Death to come and destroy everybody since the crippers (did i say that right?) dont attack your summoned creatures.

And even if you dont have Summoning, i still think they are very useful.
Necromancers creatures are all cheap anyway.
I don't think they are cheap. Even if the Zombies would be cheaper than skeletrons, I wouldn't buy them. They are weak, they are slow, and because of that they usuall miss every battle, so their retaliation absorbing won't save you so much units, to worth spending you money on them, nor their upgrades worth the money that can better be spent elsewhere.
But if you like them, than your free to go. It's a surprize for me that someone likes Zombies.

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 25 Nov 2007, 20:38

It's more of a multiplayer thing. In multi, Liches are rarely raised (and raising Dragons in multi is just bad, they cost so much DE for such a mediocre unit). Zombies or Skeletons, on the other hand, are useful there. And Vampires if your hero is Lucretia. Zombies do well against magic-oriented opponents such as Warlocks (more HP = more time for your hero and your Phoenix to kill enemy troops), Skeletons do better against might factions (more damage to enemy units).
You don't spend money or resources on Zombies, just the DE.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 25 Nov 2007, 20:46

it's obviously the desease zombie
it has a better cost, better def and HP. And zombies are there not to fight but to protect. B-) :D
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”