TotE campaign final map (Spoiler!)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sarvi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

TotE campaign final map (Spoiler!)

Unread postby Sarvi » 09 Nov 2007, 01:21

i found another way to win the final battle! Don't know if this is supposed to happen, but - after losing the battle with Kujin you get to attack the demon town with Gotai. He has 900 cyclops! Instead of attacking the town, i brought Gotai out and gave the 900 cyclops to Zehir, then attacked Talonguard and beat Biara easily! Game over!
(900 cyclops with Vampirism, teleported into the town, were absolutely awesome!)
Ach wie schoen das niemand weiss....

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 09 Nov 2007, 01:29

Haha I always wondered what the 2nd hero was for :D Nice backup.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 09 Nov 2007, 07:38

Howdid you managed to bring Gotai to Zehir in first place and in second - I am allways taking that specific castle with Gotai's Cyclops, otherways sometimes I have to replay the battle... few times :D

As for the last battle goes - I found it pretty much EASY one as I managed to find the exact way of casting the right spells, putting the cool artefacts and etc.; BDW I never managed to "built" the Dragon Artefact with Zehir. Can't find the Shield and the Greaves anywhere on the maps :| I have an idea where I can find them but have no I dea how to get there (and was lazy searching for it too).

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 03 Feb 2008, 20:09

I just won an incredible final battle, all because of the extremely dumb AI. :D I attacked Talonguard with just ~50 titans and those units that were available to hire in front of Talonguard. My first shock was that Biara has Urgash's Call. :( I let Biara cast Mass Confusion and didn't dispel it so that the powerful Inferno troops stay behind and defend. I just kept casting Puppet Master and killed off a good part of her army with her own troops, but my mistake was eliminating the ammo cart as the succubi run out of shots and the troops started to move out. Since I was no match for them in melee, I was blocking the way by any methods (including cannon fodder) and kept also casting Phantom Image and attack with them.

After an incredible and intense 1 or 2 hour battle I finally beat her! :D I saved the battle as well - one of the most legendary battles I had so far in any Heroes game.

However, I think I did something wrong - it shouldn't have been THAT difficult. Was it possible to get the troops from Blue player?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Feb 2008, 20:42

Gah... this is why i f.u.c.k.ing hate this game... why in the blazers do i have to wait a few weeks/months to amass troops every damned map for the final boss battle?!

And is it just me or is there no way to get rid of Confusion on your troops (tried Cleansing, didn't take) if you don't have the Light magic skill maxed out?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asuka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby asuka » 04 Feb 2008, 01:39

arturchix wrote:I just won an incredible final battle, all because of the extremely dumb AI. :D I attacked Talonguard with just ~50 titans and those units that were available to hire in front of Talonguard. My first shock was that Biara has Urgash's Call. :( I let Biara cast Mass Confusion and didn't dispel it so that the powerful Inferno troops stay behind and defend. I just kept casting Puppet Master and killed off a good part of her army with her own troops, but my mistake was eliminating the ammo cart as the succubi run out of shots and the troops started to move out. Since I was no match for them in melee, I was blocking the way by any methods (including cannon fodder) and kept also casting Phantom Image and attack with them.

After an incredible and intense 1 or 2 hour battle I finally beat her! :D I saved the battle as well - one of the most legendary battles I had so far in any Heroes game.

However, I think I did something wrong - it shouldn't have been THAT difficult. Was it possible to get the troops from Blue player?
Did you fight Biara right after you had access to Talonguard? I believe you are supposed to receive superior reinforcements after you finish the objective on the NW part of the map.

Although, in my first try in this final mission i triggered the Kujin glitch & my reinforcement never arrived.

Well played. Winning with only 50 titans.

To Thundertitan, I believe that's correct, the heroes level & expertise of the magic is taken into account when dispelling. Those confusion spells were cast with expert dark & a high level Biara.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 04 Feb 2008, 04:27

Did you fight Biara right after you had access to Talonguard? I believe you are supposed to receive superior reinforcements after you finish the objective on the NW part of the map.
Yes, I entered the portal after I captured the Dungeon and the only reinforcements were those 5 packs of 7th tier units in front of Talonguard. If I had 900 cyclops, it would be another story.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Feb 2008, 15:00

asuka wrote: To Thundertitan, I believe that's correct, the heroes level & expertise of the magic is taken into account when dispelling. Those confusion spells were cast with expert dark & a high level Biara.
Gah... doesn't it at least shave off some damn turns from the duration?

Also, how does she manage to Confuse my Titans after i cast Magical Immunity on them?!

I seriously need something to kill those pesky flaming horses... otherwise i could just Armag them slowly to death (hurray for spell dmg reduction) if only i could get my Titans to live longer.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

asuka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby asuka » 05 Feb 2008, 01:18

ThunderTitan wrote: Gah... doesn't it at least shave off some damn turns from the duration?
I also think it should just reduce its effectiveness. Else, Cleansing becomes almost useless.
ThunderTitan wrote: Also, how does she manage to Confuse my Titans after i cast Magical Immunity on them?!

I seriously need something to kill those pesky flaming horses... otherwise i could just Armag them slowly to death (hurray for spell dmg reduction) if only i could get my Titans to live longer.
As for the titans, i believe Biara has the artifact that ignores natural immunity. But i am not sure if that artifact also ignores Magic Immunity spell.. Does anyone here know? It should not right?

Honestly i didn't fought that last battle fairly (I used the 900 cyclops). Why? well I also found the Tote campaign super boring especially the Zehir missions. It felt like a chore to finish. There was no fun. I just wanted to finish the campaign & see the ending & move on to another game.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 05 Feb 2008, 05:16

arturchix wrote:I just won an incredible final battle, all because of the extremely dumb AI. :D I attacked Talonguard with just ~50 titans and those units that were available to hire in front of Talonguard...
Well, I won it that way as well, even though I was really unwary and when Biarra did started to gate demons I was like WTF??? Even though I almost defeat her this time, the next time from the save I had a tough battle and won... after this I eplayed the battle once or twice and these times I did really squashed her, I think she's scripted of what she'll do at the beginning and why not - the whole - battle :devious:

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 05 Feb 2008, 05:59

@ arturchix:

Have you saved the replay...? :)
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Feb 2008, 07:33

Yes, if you're interested, I can share with it. :) It wasn't a perfect battle but still fun.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Feb 2008, 12:33

Finally managed to win the battle yesterday with 170 Storm Titans... in the end i was left with under 30 Titans (i think) and some Gremlins...

Of course right after winning i decided to see what would happen with Confusion if i switched to Light Magic and normal Titans (for Call Lightning)... and once i could Cleanse the Confusion off my Titans i made short work of Biara... (used the other critters to protect the Titans, prob works with S.Titans too).

Now, where can i upload the replays (didn't play very well, i was too pissed at that point).

And the crappiest thing is that all the blue player battles where so well matched...

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 05 Feb 2008, 12:45

You can make a zip and upload 'em here ;)

And to lose 140 Storm Titans + alot (I guess) of other units??? What difficulty did you played?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Feb 2008, 13:53

Easy... switched like half way through the campaign (wouldn't have had the patience otherwise)... but i think that Biara's troops stay the same no matter the difficulty (played the rest of the campaigns on auto battles).

Also, some strange things happened, like my Titans doing only half the dmg they did just a turn earlier for some reason (they had same curses etc). Of course this might have been the second time or maybe some of the previous times when i lost.

And it was the damned Pit Spawns/Lords/Fiends with some assistance from the Hell Horses, Sucubbi (luckily that they ran out of ammo) and the Ballista (one shot - 3 Titans, and Biara had Triple shot) that took out that many Titans, especially since i had to take out the summoned ones too (she kept about 160 Pit Lords in the back until the end).

Replays: http://rapidshare.com/files/89352419/Replays.rar.html

Prob would have finished the second one without bothering with the summons if i had remembered i had Teleport sooner...

HOMMV_N00B
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HOMMV_N00B » 05 Feb 2008, 15:18

@ arturchix: yes post it please. Maybe I can learn something from your fight. I know I would never won such a big battle with only 50 units.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Feb 2008, 16:57

Alright here it is, password - celeste. :) Please note I did have the other 5 stacks, not just the titans, and I made several errors during combat, but it was still one of the greatest battles I had.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Feb 2008, 13:09

but i think that Biara's troops stay the same no matter the difficulty
From parcaleste's screens it seems that only the lvl 7 troops get extra numbers with higher difficulty... both the ones you get and Biara's...

Return to “Heroes V-VI”