Starting bonus - gold vs artifact (TotE demo)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Duchu47
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Starting bonus - gold vs artifact (TotE demo)

Unread postby Duchu47 » 07 Nov 2007, 19:56

Welcome,

Sorry if that was mentioned before (i searched the forum):
What is the point in picking gold as your starting bonus (500-1000) when you can choose artifact and, if you don't like it, sell it for about 2k gold on marketplace?

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Starting bonus - gold vs artifact (TotE demo)

Unread postby Nelgirith » 07 Nov 2007, 20:10

Duchu47 wrote:Welcome,

Sorry if that was mentioned before (i searched the forum):
What is the point in picking gold as your starting bonus (500-1000) when you can choose artifact and, if you don't like it, sell it for about 2k gold on marketplace?
Well, you have to choose between instant 500-1000g right at the beginning of the game or 2000g later when you have built your marketplace (-500g and 5 wood for the cost of the marketplace).

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 07 Nov 2007, 23:42

Wow I didn't know that you can actually sell useless artifacts in a market place! Gotta try it myself.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 08 Nov 2007, 03:53

Yes, selling them makes heroic maps much easier :)

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Nov 2007, 05:57

Yeah, but first you need to FIND (or built ;) ) a Matketplace, which sometimes is in the other side of the map...

I am choosing the Resources every time anyway :baby:

Duchu47
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Duchu47 » 10 Nov 2007, 21:29

Marketplace is something you would always have before you can spend your gold. And you can sometimes get artifact giving you 250g/day.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 10 Nov 2007, 22:38

Duchu47 wrote:Marketplace is something you would always have before you can spend your gold. And you can sometimes get artifact giving you 250g/day.
Not many players include the marketplace in their early build order.

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 10 Nov 2007, 23:11

Nelgirith wrote:
Duchu47 wrote:Marketplace is something you would always have before you can spend your gold. And you can sometimes get artifact giving you 250g/day.
Not many players include the marketplace in their early build order.
I'd like to dispute that.. All the players I know, DO build a marketplace early, mainly because it's the cheapest building to buy which leads to being able to get those higher tier structures.
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Mnc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mnc » 13 Nov 2007, 00:34

You can also sell artifacts in adventure map trading post, assuming there are any on the spefic map, this way you dont have to bother buying marketplace! Im not sure is the money difference any different in marketplace / trading post when selling some spefic artifact?

The ammount you change away resources is deffonatly a --> win in trading post, than in expensive castle marketplace :ill: same was with Homm3
Making maps is Art and true beuty lies in them..

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 13 Nov 2007, 07:08

Wurtzel wrote:... All the players I know, DO build a marketplace early, mainly because it's the cheapest building to buy which leads to being able to get those higher tier structures.
+ you can built the Resource Silo early, wich is hardly needed if you want to built the 7-th Level Cereature Building :)

The bag of gold is realy nice artifact to start with, but likely you'll get smt like a Necros Amulet for a Castle hero like ;|

Duchu47
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Duchu47 » 13 Nov 2007, 20:27

It seems artifact sell prize is the same at castle marketplace and trading post on adventure map.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 13 Nov 2007, 23:25

I always go for the Marketplace and then the Resource Silo as quickly as I can. Hell, if I don't have both built by the end of Week 1, then it's a surprise.

As far as the Artifact vs Gold argument goes, I always go for the Artifact. As a matter of fact, I will constantly reload the map until I get something I want, but the idea of just taking it to sell isn't bad. Considering how easy it seems to be to get numerous amounts of the same artifact, there is no reason to try and find a specific one to start off with. Just take what it gives and then sell it.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 14 Nov 2007, 02:48

Restarting every map can ruin gameplay, plus in multiplayer don't work.
As for the choise in H3 I always went for resource, with minor exceptions when I had no starthero 'cos then even 500g bonus could help me with a day on imposibble. But I've never choosen artifact, 'cos there you could not sell it, and when you do, that was later in game, plus you did have 99% chance to recieve a worthless junk.
But in H5 it seems rentable to choose the artifact (with the exeption of the 'no starting hero' case of course).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”