the Ultimate Skills in TotE

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

the Ultimate Skills in TotE

Unread postby parcaleste » 06 Nov 2007, 21:36

I tried a couple of times with different races, but it allways gives me something that in the end screws me from getting it; for instance in the last campaign with Zehir I did erased all of his skills (except for the racial special skills) and still I can't make it to the Ultimate one; it just does not give me the "Eratic Mana" and the "Wall of Fog" :beheading: Is it possible to get them at all? (didn't try with an other hero from the same race though)

+ If someone knows something about the Orkish one... you know, share some ;|

Thanks in advance!

TheRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby TheRider » 06 Nov 2007, 23:27

you need sorcery with arcane training, counterspell and arcane excelence, enlightment with inteligence, wizard's reward and mentoring, war machines with catapult, remote control and tremors to get arcane omnisence :-D

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 Nov 2007, 07:08

TheRider wrote:you need sorcery with arcane training, counterspell and arcane excelence, enlightment with inteligence, wizard's reward and mentoring, war machines with catapult, remote control and tremors to get arcane omnisence :-D
Not sure if I had ever seen these skills for a Wizard :| So they are mixed up and not like in the HoF line?

OK, I'd checked with the Memory Mentor and I've changed the fucked up skill on "Sorcery" to "Arcane Excelence", but no sign of "Mentoring"? + what should I take for the final "Summoning" and "Attack" slots? Cause no "Wall of Fog" and "Cold Blade" yet?

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 07 Nov 2007, 09:17

The ultimate skills path have totally changed in ToE. You'd better check here : https://www.celestialheavens.com/520

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 07 Nov 2007, 14:20

It seems a lot easier than it used to be to go for the ultimate. I managed to get the ultimate Barbarian skill during the campaign without using the memory mentor. Really came in useful too. :)

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 07 Nov 2007, 17:52

Nelgirith wrote:The ultimate skills path have totally changed in ToE. You'd better check here : https://www.celestialheavens.com/520
Thanks for this one, will come in handy :devil:

I think I was close to the Barbarian one as well just in the way of the logical thinking, actually; gotta check it out now :)

And yup, it seems to me like you get the Ultimate One in few different combination of skills as well, or?

P0i50Z
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby P0i50Z » 15 Dec 2007, 20:40

Well I once tried to get the ultimates and failed, in the end, but if you take a better look you'll see that many good abilities are wasted just to pick the ones required by the ultimate.In my opinion, they're not worth it.There are plenty of other combinations and some of them more than compensate.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 15 Dec 2007, 22:02

Actualy while playing, I think that in TotE the Ultimate Skill sistem is even more LOGICAL improved that it was before. Like the orks have to have the Brimstone Rain - even though it is more usefull in the Scenatious that in Multiplayer (I think), but for a racial ability it is a RIGHT skill. Good is also that in the mpst of the races sometimes the unusefull Logistics is removed for the Ultimate Path so you can fit some skill better than it; the Destruction Magic is now in the Ultimate Skill Trea for the Warlorcks; Inteligence come in NEED for Wizards and etc. and etc. + the Memory Mentor does the job easier at some point ;)

And once again - Mentoring is a SICK skill :devil:

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 15 Dec 2007, 22:38

The main problem with the route needed for the Warlock Ultimate is that it's almost impossible to attain. Once you get one of the Masters the following options are nearly always to do with them (Ignite, Cold Death, Mana Burst,...).

P0i50Z
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby P0i50Z » 15 Dec 2007, 22:48

Well...some of them really fit and aren't THAT hard to get, but those are really few.I once tried to get Urgash's Call and failed like I never did before 8| .I wasn't even close...Just take a look.I realised I was crazy if I was even thinking of reaching it...Insane.As I said it's much better to develop you're own combination of abilities than to try reaching the ultimates and end up having all those junk skills for nothing, as I did...Any good player can come up with a very good combination.
Last edited by P0i50Z on 16 Dec 2007, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

Mlai
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Mlai » 16 Dec 2007, 14:19

I thought that's the point of Memory Mentor... Get the Ultimate, then use the MM to erase all the junk prerequisite skills and replace them with what you really want.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 16 Dec 2007, 14:43

Well sometimes it comes in handy and to get the Ultimate ;)

P0i50Z
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby P0i50Z » 16 Dec 2007, 15:05

Mlai wrote:I thought that's the point of Memory Mentor... Get the Ultimate, then use the MM to erase all the junk prerequisite skills and replace them with what you really want.
And if you won't reach the Ultimate?See?That's what I was talking about...you'll lose many good abilities in most of the cases and you won't even reach the Ultimate...All you'll have will be useless skills/abilities.

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 17 Dec 2007, 09:17

AFAIK you cannot use the Memory Mentor to remove skills/abilities that are a prerequisute for other abilities you have. So, to remove the 'junk', you'll have to remove Ultimate ability first.
So the choice is still the same: go for the ultimate or go for a set of good abilities.

P0i50Z
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby P0i50Z » 17 Dec 2007, 11:42

yuritch wrote:AFAIK you cannot use the Memory Mentor to remove skills/abilities that are a prerequisute for other abilities you have. So, to remove the 'junk', you'll have to remove Ultimate ability first.
So the choice is still the same: go for the ultimate or go for a set of good abilities.
Yeah.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 19 Dec 2007, 01:56

For what it's worth, the only ultimate that I try for is the ranger's.

Dacarnix_
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dacarnix_ » 19 Dec 2007, 08:57

Ed Robinson wrote:For what it's worth, the only ultimate that I try for is the ranger's.
Ironically, the only one I have yet to obtain in-game is the Ranger's (although not for lack of trying).

Maybe next time. :D

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 19 Dec 2007, 14:41

AngelEyes wrote:It seems a lot easier than it used to be to go for the ultimate. I managed to get the ultimate Barbarian skill during the campaign without using the memory mentor. Really came in useful too. :)
Easier for some. The wizard has a path to the ultimate that is impossible to survive on. There are no skills for him to fight with. There is no way he can survive on level 2 spells until he gets the ultimate. So the only way a wizard can get the ultimate is if he knows that there is a memory mentor on the map so he can level as normal and then reskill. Although arcane omnisience doesn't turn me on since the spells are cast without perks (ie no mass spells.)

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 20 Dec 2007, 00:36

I must agree with GOW. In the final campaign of ToE I got the Ultimate for Zahir but also kept alternative mastery in Dark and Light to keep the perks. I don't recall that I used any spells of the other books at all so it was a waste for the Wizard.

Tensho
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Tensho » 20 Dec 2007, 19:44

Not much of a point in Arcane Omnisience(my opinion)
I prefer to have some useful skills and to finish things up quick
(there is no point even in 10000 spells,since i wont cast em)
However,i guess in the campaign it is nice to have ultimate skills B-)
Dont angry the banana!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”