Game crashing bug ToE Hunting the hunter (minor spoilers)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Game crashing bug ToE Hunting the hunter (minor spoilers)

Unread postby tumorbane » 04 Nov 2007, 16:13

The main objective is to take the final Wizard castle, "Shabibya" (sp?). I have cleared everything. When I try to attack this castle, I get an hourglass for about a second, but it won't let me attack. I guess there is supposed to be a cutscene. If I leave Gotai on the doorstep of the castle at the end of the turn, the game invariable crashes right to the desktop. Playing on hard. Never had a crash before on any version. Any thoughts?

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 05 Nov 2007, 14:00

ok, after several earlier saves failed, I went to a save rather far back and then everything worked. Bizarre though.

bltbri
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Me too!

Unread postby bltbri » 13 Nov 2007, 18:37

I'm having the same problem. I'm ready to take the final, unpronouncable city. Its guarded by a medium size army w/ a hero who promptly runs away at the start of combat. I then move onto the city itself to start combat with the city guard and nothing happens. The combat icon is shown but no combat commences. If you end your turn parked on top of the city entrance, the game crashes. If you end your turn outside the city, the AI purchases a new hero w/ 1 gremlin and parks him at the entrance. The odd thing is that I attacked this city about a month ago (game time) with no problem other than it kicking my butt. Unless someone knows the problem, its looking more like I'm going to have to start this long scenario over again.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Me too!

Unread postby tumorbane » 14 Nov 2007, 18:52

bltbri wrote:I'm having the same problem. I'm ready to take the final, unpronouncable city. Its guarded by a medium size army w/ a hero who promptly runs away at the start of combat. I then move onto the city itself to start combat with the city guard and nothing happens. The combat icon is shown but no combat commences. If you end your turn parked on top of the city entrance, the game crashes. If you end your turn outside the city, the AI purchases a new hero w/ 1 gremlin and parks him at the entrance. The odd thing is that I attacked this city about a month ago (game time) with no problem other than it kicking my butt. Unless someone knows the problem, its looking more like I'm going to have to start this long scenario over again.
Yes, that's exactly what was happening with me. I was really worried when I posted b/c earlier saves weren't working either and it was a LOOONG and tedious map that I didn't want to slog through again. I really just got lucky I think....I started over with about a week earlier save and attacked with my secondary hero. It took the fight, and I promptly retreated, averting the massacre. Without saving again in the interim (other than the autosaves), I got to the point where I was ready to attack with the main hero and it worked.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 14 Nov 2007, 22:44

Yeah what an embarrassment when you are just one step short of winning.
But thanks for mentioning it.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 17 Nov 2007, 03:28

Had Orange hero attack my middle academy castle. In battle his Djin cast weakness on my storm titans which locked up the game. Had to shut down. No idea what set of circumstances set this up. Nothing like this has happened in TotE before. C2 last mission.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”