ToTE - showstopper bug in C1M1

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Beseiged
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

ToTE - showstopper bug in C1M1

Unread postby Beseiged » 30 Oct 2007, 16:50

After playing a few stand alone maps I've just started getting into the ToTE campaigns and I've already hit a showstopper. It may be a scripting bug, I'm not sure.

It happens when I've explored a good chunk of the eastern half of the map and my hero has just taken the horseshoe artifact. I end the turn, and the screen shifts over to show me some activity by the red player. When it shifts back, the game is kind of locked. Animation is still happening, mouse and key actions generally have no effect but some function keys, e.g. F5, F6, F8 still operate normally.

It's as though the game is waiting for a scripted event to finish, but whatever the cause, I can't progress further in the map.

Has anybody else seen this, and more to the point, is there a way to regain control? I'm going to restart the map but I'm concerned that I might get hit with this again!

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 30 Oct 2007, 17:05

Are you talking about the Prologue? A well-established bug and there is no solution. I think there is a mention in the walkthrough.

Beseiged
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Beseiged » 30 Oct 2007, 22:50

maltz wrote:Are you talking about the Prologue? A well-established bug and there is no solution. I think there is a mention in the walkthrough.
Yep - its the prologue, and after reading your walkthru (very nice work BTW!), yep it's the same bug.

As it turned out I got lucky. I was able to roll back to an earlier save and take out the cavaliers & assorted archers pronto. This seemed to cause the red hero (Maeve?) to take a different path and the game didn't lock, even though I took my time about freeing up the Cyclops.

Despite the bug, I'd have to say this was an enjoyable start to ToTE.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”