TOTE Single player scenario - The Cup of Thunder HELP!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
khakishorts
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

TOTE Single player scenario - The Cup of Thunder HELP!

Unread postby khakishorts » 30 Oct 2007, 12:28

Hi everyone!

I've finally finished the campaigns, and have proceeded to play the single player scenarios.

In "The Cup of Thunder", however, I've been unable to find the cup (which is one of the main objectives).

What exactly am I supposed to lookout for? Is it one of those artifacts being guarded by monsters? I see that it's not supposed to be dug up. So am I supposed to just walk onto a particular space?

I find this all too confusing.

Buttercup
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Buttercup » 01 Nov 2007, 13:07

Hi,
the cup is on the northeastern island guarded by angels, paladins...
You would have to pick up all of the four treasure chests on this island, the last one will contain the cup but it's guarded by (220 on normal) fire elementals.

*spoiler*

After you picked it up the (blue?) fleet will appear. It seemed that at that moment I had already destroyed all enemy ships so the mission ended.

If you get to scenario 4, maybe you can give me a hint, how to defeat the garrison. The thing you have to do before that (no spoilers here) is not working very well for me...

Greetings
Butter

khakishorts
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby khakishorts » 02 Nov 2007, 09:59

Thank you Buttercup.

I managed to find the Cup of Thunder, but it was not on the most north eastern island (the one guarded by angels). I found it on the most north western island, and guarded by academy troops.

I guess it varies from time to time, but the most important thing is that the cup is in one of the glowing blue treasure chests. :D

Funnily enough, I also encountered 220 fire elementals (they were in even stacks of four).

When I found the cup, the blue ships appeared, but then they were destroyed automatically. This leads me to the conclusion that there is in fact, only the ONE primary mission; to find the cup.

Therefore, should I replay this scenario in the future, I might go straight for the cup once I can kill off the monsters guarding the place, and also the fire elementals --> to get more points.

But anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, and I'm not sure what you mean by scenario 4. Do you mean scenario 4 of the Orc campaign?

I can't really remember the scenarios (as I was rushing through them), but you might be able to get a hint or two from

http://heroescommunity.com/

But beware of spoilers, as usual. :mad:

Buttercup
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Buttercup » 02 Nov 2007, 10:23

Hi,
glad I could be of help.
With "4th scenario" I meant the single player one you are getting to.
I don't have the name in English - something like "hate gives birth to hate" - where you play Dungeon against Fortress.

I couldn't defeat the garrison so I cheated myself to some more troops :(

khakishorts
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby khakishorts » 02 Nov 2007, 14:44

Ah, I remember now. I was about to give up on that one until...

[Spoilers]

Remember the secondary objective? To meet up with the Demon Lord? [I think the colour is green?] Once I met him, for some reason, the number of creatures at the garrison diminished drastically.

It turned out to be much much easier.

Maybe you should try to meet the demon dude.

Buttercup
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Buttercup » 04 Nov 2007, 18:26

Shoot!
I did meet him but I didn't look at the garrison again afterwards. I merely waited for some troops to appear in my army...
Thx for the hint, maybe next time :)

Yngvi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yngvi » 17 Nov 2007, 16:28

About the Cup of Thunder: in the scenario I played, it was in the southeastern island, and I did not even need to fight anyone. I landed on the island, I did not even fight the creatures guarding the entrance (rakshasas etc.). As soon as I landed, the ships appeared, they took their turn, and disappeared. Game over! Kind of disappointing.

Malthus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Malthus » 25 Nov 2007, 11:49

All the relevant islands are "cup"-shaped

Return to “Heroes V-VI”