Sylvan town glitch

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby erased. over. out » 28 Nov 2007, 04:38

hampig71 wrote:So I put the file in the .PAK folder and now it works. So I guess this file only works for HoMM5 and not for ToTE. Although the lightning does help, it doesn't look like the pictures I see on the internet of sylvan towns. How does this file work?
Apologies for the late reply, but I've been away. Umm, I'm not too sure on how the file works, but I recall getting it from a Heroes-related site when HV first came out. I can't seem to find the original post now. I imagine the town(s) looks a little better than before then, eh? I guess we'd need new video cards to get the full effect. I'm gonna have to invest in a new laptop soon...
Wulfstan8182 wrote:the leafs on the top were for some reason watery green. :S
Isn't that great? We're the select few who get to appreciate it! Mwuahhahaha!

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 01 Dec 2007, 03:48

[quote="erased. over. out]
Wulfstan8182 wrote:the leafs on the top were for some reason watery green. :S
Isn't that great? We're the select few who get to appreciate it! Mwuahhahaha![/quote]

Umm... aren't they supossed to be greeny green not watery green?

P.S. You're not funny :disagree:
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

hampig71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hampig71 » 06 Dec 2007, 22:48

Anyone else have any suggestions. The sylvan town is my favorite faction, so it totally sucks that out of all the towns that has a graphics glitch, my favorite would have it. Does anyone know if programmers read these things? Maybe they could give me a tip on how to fix the problem for real.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 07 Dec 2007, 19:57

hampig71 wrote:Anyone else have any suggestions. The sylvan town is my favorite faction, so it totally sucks that out of all the towns that has a graphics glitch, my favorite would have it. Does anyone know if programmers read these things? Maybe they could give me a tip on how to fix the problem for real.
ummm... what she said! :D

hampig71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hampig71 » 08 Dec 2007, 23:43

Umm yeah, I'm a dude, lol. I suppose I should change my avatar, :).

wzdsyzh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wzdsyzh » 09 Dec 2007, 11:46

hampig71 wrote:I am having the exact same problem. Although this also happens in the academy towns for me as well. Also I know its not the DVD because I installed the game on a friend's computer and everything worked perfectly. We both have Dell Laptops, with mine being newer and I use Vista while he uses XP. I would assume since my computer is about a year newer than his, my graphics card is better, since he did not purchase a graphics card aside from what his laptop came with. I have a Dell Inspirion 1405 running at 32 bit. Also when I walk through the desert wherever there is a cactus it has a blue square around it. And when I battle whenever someone attacks, there is a residuel graphic that remains, for example castining lightning bolt will cause the lightning bolt to remain on the screen, even after the enemy unit has suffered damage. Again neither of these 2 things occured on my friend's laptop. Lastly I am running 1GB RAM. Please help!!!
I had the same problem once and eventually it was fixed after I modified my user_a2.cfg file.
Open your user_a2.cfg file using notebook.exe, and if you find this line
setvar gfx_nopixelshaders = 1
change it to this
setvar gfx_nopixelshaders = 0.
The file lies in directory
'My Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\Profiles\(the playername you use in the game)'.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 09 Dec 2007, 22:10

@hampig71: lol, srry!

@wzdsyzh: ok in mine it says the line that it should be,
setvar gfx_nopixelshaders = 0

so did you mix them up? should it be,
setvar gfx_nopixelshaders = 1?

hampig71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hampig71 » 10 Dec 2007, 01:52

wzdsyzh wrote:
hampig71 wrote:I am having the exact same problem. Although this also happens in the academy towns for me as well. Also I know its not the DVD because I installed the game on a friend's computer and everything worked perfectly. We both have Dell Laptops, with mine being newer and I use Vista while he uses XP. I would assume since my computer is about a year newer than his, my graphics card is better, since he did not purchase a graphics card aside from what his laptop came with. I have a Dell Inspirion 1405 running at 32 bit. Also when I walk through the desert wherever there is a cactus it has a blue square around it. And when I battle whenever someone attacks, there is a residuel graphic that remains, for example castining lightning bolt will cause the lightning bolt to remain on the screen, even after the enemy unit has suffered damage. Again neither of these 2 things occured on my friend's laptop. Lastly I am running 1GB RAM. Please help!!!
I had the same problem once and eventually it was fixed after I modified my user_a2.cfg file.
Open your user_a2.cfg file using notebook.exe, and if you find this line
setvar gfx_nopixelshaders = 1
change it to this
setvar gfx_nopixelshaders = 0.
The file lies in directory
'My Documents\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\Profiles\(the playername you use in the game)'.
Yeah Mine says 0 already, so did you mean change it to one? Oh and by the way I've been waiting for a response like this for a year now, so BIGGEST THANKS for your response!!!

wzdsyzh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wzdsyzh » 10 Dec 2007, 13:13

I haven't mixed them up.'nopixelshaders' is 'no pixel shaders' . 'gfx_nopixelshaders = 1' tells the program not to use pixel shaders, that makes the graphic quality poor and causes the Silvan town and Academy town black.
I'm sorry I don't know how to solve the problem in your case. But there are some mods that can make the black town look more pleasant by changing the illumination.
You'll find more details here:
http://elrath.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=511
http://elrath.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=188
I cannot open the first link for some unknown reason, so I'm not sure if it's visible. But the 2nd is OK and the mods there are helpful.
(I seldom use English and as you see, this's my 2nd post in this forum. I hope my poor English won't prevent you from getting what I mean.)

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 10 Dec 2007, 23:40

WELCOME TO THE HEROES ROUND TABLE! :-D

you just typed elrath.com instead of elrath.co.uk it's ok, happens to me sometimes ;)

EDIT: finally! here's the pic:Image
there! that's my problem! i'll post it on the first thingy too :)

hampig71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hampig71 » 12 Dec 2007, 05:37

Yeah that's exactly what mine looks like. And I tried those new .pak files that you gave me. I mean I can see everything know but the graphics don't look right. They look more like graphics from I dunno Myst circa 1992. They aren't very detailed. Does anyone know what I mean by that?

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 13 Dec 2007, 19:27

Are you both guys using/running the Russian version of the game?
The text name of the city looks Russian to me...
Do you have the latest patch installed?

hampig71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hampig71 » 14 Dec 2007, 21:59

Nope mine is the good ol' USA version.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 14 Dec 2007, 23:13

i'm running the russian silver edition. :-D and obviously i have all the patches :|
i dunno about TotE, haven't played for sylvans yet. :(

erased. over. out
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby erased. over. out » 21 Dec 2007, 03:34

hampig71 wrote: They look more like graphics from I dunno Myst circa 1992. They aren't very detailed. Does anyone know what I mean by that?
Yes, mine is like that as well. I don't see any other solution other than waiting to get a new video card or eventually a new computer. I really think the Sylvan town in particular (and Academy to some extent) demand a lot more from our graphics cards relative to the other towns. The paks/mods can only serve to lessen the ugliness.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 21 Dec 2007, 21:05

i dun think so. i think either the file of the texture is missing, or some of the files are messed up. i dunno, my academy works perfect in all of the versions and the graphics suck because you put the thingy on the lowest graphics setting. on my TotE, since it's a probably pirated version, my graphics are always the best because there is only the files for the best graphics setting, i think... :proud:

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 04 Jan 2008, 20:36

I was finally playing TotE and i found out it has the glitch too. even more problems. :disagree:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”