Patch 2.1 Bug

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kogorn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 2.1 Bug

Unread postby Kogorn » 26 Oct 2007, 06:23

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I figured it would be on the front page since 2.1 is pretty recent.

Anyways, I bought HOF online from the ubisoft store, legally and everything, registered the CD-key they gave me, etc, have the latest patches for everything.

Everything was fine until I started the dwarf campaign...and for some reason I CANT CAST ANY RUNE MAGIC. This is really strange, considering that that's one of the major abilities of Fortress. I looked up the mats for runes to make sure I had them and I did. Is there something special you have to do to be able to cast them other than having them in your spellbook?
Is this a bug? They're all greyed out in my book when I try to cast them :(

galaxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby galaxy » 26 Oct 2007, 07:40

thats not from the patch. the rune is used by the actual creature unless its refresh rune skill from hero. you should be able to see the runes ontop of the atb bar.

if you still cant use them, it must be a bug o.o
~You hallow out my hungry eyes~

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 26 Oct 2007, 07:48

Right. You don't cast the Runes when it's the Hero's turn, you cast it when it's the CREATURE's turn (you want the Rune upon).
ZZZzzzz....

LarkinVB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby LarkinVB » 26 Oct 2007, 08:28

Another possibility is that you are using an old version of the no-cd crack.

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 27 Oct 2007, 23:09

yah dude, u gotta use em with your creatures when its the creatures turn the thing appears above the ATB bar if it's not there i guess its a bug :proud:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”