HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ArchangelGabriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ArchangelGabriel » 21 Nov 2007, 14:29

Thanks for the answer, though I am still confused as to why UBI just didn't do it themself.
Why would anyone buy Homm V and HoF if their campaigns were playable in TotE. To be honest, I wonder why they do allow Sfidanza to make these campaigns playable under TotE.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Nov 2007, 14:36

ArchangelGabriel wrote:
Thanks for the answer, though I am still confused as to why UBI just didn't do it themself.
Why would anyone buy Homm V and HoF if their campaigns were playable in TotE. To be honest, I wonder why they do allow Sfidanza to make these campaigns playable under TotE.
First they are apparently sanctioning fans releasing them, second they could make those campaigns installable only if the earlier version was on the computer, the way 3DO did with the chronicles downloads. To install the H-V tribes compatible campaign the program checks for H-V on the computer, and so on. That's not a new tech, most upgrades to software do that now.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

ArchangelGabriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ArchangelGabriel » 21 Nov 2007, 14:55

If I'm able to play a campaign under TotE (which is standalone) I wouldn't want to have any other prequel installed. HoMM V and HoF together need about 4 gigs of harddrive which is wasted space if you have those campaigns available under TotE. Furthermore the prequels could be patched to TotE standard. In that case there wouldn't be any necessity to convert those campaigns to TotE, cause you needed to play under the original ports anyway (which you already paid for).

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Nov 2007, 17:18

ArchangelGabriel wrote:If I'm able to play a campaign under TotE (which is standalone) I wouldn't want to have any other prequel installed. HoMM V and HoF together need about 4 gigs of harddrive which is wasted space if you have those campaigns available under TotE. Furthermore the prequels could be patched to TotE standard. In that case there wouldn't be any necessity to convert those campaigns to TotE, cause you needed to play under the original ports anyway (which you already paid for).
Sorry I am not trying to be argumentative but don't see your point here, first you say why buy the prequels if their campaigns are included, so I state a method to minimize any potential loss on UBI's part and you come back with I won't want the prequels installed. Then uninstall them after the campaigns have been installs. It sounds like you don’t care if you can play them or not with tribes, but I do, I want to use caravans in the original, and I would want all factions available in all versions where possible.

My point was it could have been done, either by requiring the prequels installed or not. I really don't care how they do it. They should do it. It's ridiculous to make improvements in gameplay but only for the new versions. I would like all versions playable in tribes, then at least I would only need to worry about 1 game to patch instead of 3.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 22 Nov 2007, 00:10

It's worth noting for me, that I keep my original and hof game versions in case people online want to play those versions, and do not have tribes.

evilp
Boy Scout
Boy Scout

Unread postby evilp » 02 Dec 2007, 08:32

ImageImage

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 02 Dec 2007, 08:34

Oooh, goody *drooling*

How come? You just drag the maps or?

evilp
Boy Scout
Boy Scout

Unread postby evilp » 02 Dec 2007, 08:43

parcaleste wrote:Oooh, goody *drooling*

How come? You just drag the maps or?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 05 Dec 2007, 15:23

jeff wrote:I can understand not wanting newbies to play the original campaigns for free, well actually I can't. Correct me if I'm wrong but when 3DO sold SOD wheren't all of the H-III campaigns playable, so if UBI really wants newbies to buy this wouldn't it have been smart to allow Tribes to play all of the H-V campaigns or is UBI and smart not compatible terms? ;|
Okay, you're wrong. :)

SoD included neither the Conflux town nor the Armageddon's Blade campaigns unless you already had Armageddon's Blade installed.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Grunthex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grunthex » 26 Dec 2007, 04:40

Hey all. First time delurker. Looking for a bit of follow up on this. I tried the original poster's method, and it gives what's promised, but with the campaigns not necessarily chaining right, I'm not sure I want to do it that way (and the no dialog scenes takes out half my fun!)

I tried to download from EvilP link, but got nothing but a 404 at that site, and unfortunately I don't know the language to try navigating the site myself.

I've tried looking around a few other sites, but no luck, wondering if this download is still possible, to get all the campaigns opened up in order, chaining properly, with all the cut scenes? I do have the original Homm5, so willing to copy data if needed, though that wouldn't get me the HoF campaigns. If I have to go buy them, so be it!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 26 Dec 2007, 15:32

Bandobras Took wrote:SoD included neither the Conflux town nor the Armageddon's Blade campaigns unless you already had Armageddon's Blade installed.
Ok then a follow up as I got H-III and IV complete for Christmas, if Armageddon's Blade is installed is the Conflux available in SOD?

sfidanza
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sfidanza » 31 Dec 2007, 18:12

Grunthex wrote:I've tried looking around a few other sites, but no luck, wondering if this download is still possible, to get all the campaigns opened up in order, chaining properly, with all the cut scenes?
I don't know what evilp will release or when from his project, but I've been packaging the campaigns myself, and discussing it on HC:
http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=23962
It should be ready in the next month, I still have some bugs to check out in some missions (but some might be there in H5 as well).

Anyway, that's just to tell you that such a package will be released one way or another. For the version I'm working on, here's a screenshot of the campaign menu:

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 31 Dec 2007, 19:59

jeff wrote:
Bandobras Took wrote:SoD included neither the Conflux town nor the Armageddon's Blade campaigns unless you already had Armageddon's Blade installed.
Ok then a follow up as I got H-III and IV complete for Christmas, if Armageddon's Blade is installed is the Conflux available in SOD?
IIRC if you have H3, H3:AB, and H3:SoD installed then the conflux town and creatures are available in H3:SoD.

It would be cool to see the original & HoF campaigns running with H5:TotE.

Grunthex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grunthex » 31 Dec 2007, 23:02

sfidanza wrote:
I don't know what evilp will release or when from his project, but I've been packaging the campaigns myself, and discussing it on HC:
http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=23962
It should be ready in the next month, I still have some bugs to check out in some missions (but some might be there in H5 as well).

Anyway, that's just to tell you that such a package will be released one way or another. For the version I'm working on, here's a screenshot of the campaign menu:
Thanks for the update! I actually spoke with evilp by PM, they had some server issues, so his is currently unavailable as well, though he hopes to get it back up -- I'll keep an eye on both of you for the future, all this work is appreciated.

sfidanza
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sfidanza » 23 Jan 2008, 16:23

If you didn't notice already (the info has been relayed in another thread here already), I released the H5/HoF campaigns a few days ago:
http://www.heroes-fr.com/en/original_campaigns.php
Enjoy! :)

axelover
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HV & HoF campaigns in ToE

Unread postby axelover » 01 Feb 2008, 22:17

Downloaded main data and text to (ToE)/UserMods - didn't get the old campaigns in the campaign menu - is there something else I should have done?

asuka
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: HV & HoF campaigns in ToE

Unread postby asuka » 02 Feb 2008, 04:08

axelover wrote:Downloaded main data and text to (ToE)/UserMods - didn't get the old campaigns in the campaign menu - is there something else I should have done?
What were the file extensions of the main data and text when u put them in the usermod folder? I think the file extension must be .h5u

IE renames h5u to zip automatically. You should rename them back. Hope this helps.

konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby konfeta » 31 Mar 2008, 19:05

Nice, thank you for doing this. As I understand the patch1 is not needed since it's already included in campaign data file currently hosted?

I wonder, though, if the Caravans will break any missions by making them too easy.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 31 Mar 2008, 22:51

konfeta wrote:Nice, thank you for doing this. As I understand the patch1 is not needed since it's already included in campaign data file currently hosted?

I wonder, though, if the Caravans will break any missions by making them too easy.
H5std maps are alredy harder then HoF and TotE so teh worse they could do is make old campaigns as easy as new ones.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 31 Mar 2008, 23:12

I'm nearly finished with original campaigns through this mod.

Caravans don't make much difference, they just reduce the micromanagement.

Alternate upgrades, however, bring a nice twist, and sometimes make the game easier.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”