TOTE orcs help!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
travelingoz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

TOTE orcs help!

Unread postby travelingoz » 24 Oct 2007, 05:59

I must be the worst "orcs" player ever! I' m up to the 2nd misssion of the orcs campaign and i can't seem to get any further. i doesn't matter what i do or what level i play on, i can't seem to get through the purple gaurdian to get to the green fort. ideas?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Oct 2007, 07:46

Beat the first enemy in your peninsula around month 1, maybe week 5, gather army/upgrade and then go for him or the other pirates. These buggers can land on your starting place if you go away..
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

travelingoz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby travelingoz » 24 Oct 2007, 12:58

I can beat Brown payer around the end of week 2 on normal or start of week 3 on hard with ok losses. Are you saying wait until the end of week 4/start week 5 to take him down, then go for purple?
Usually, teal player has been attacking me around then.?

Also, anyone come up with a good strategy to get the gold mine early without too many losses? What skills/abilities have you been going for first?

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 24 Oct 2007, 14:56

Purple wont show up until you go to sea...so, delay that. ;)

Until you raise enough creatures from your two strongholds, that is.

travelingoz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby travelingoz » 24 Oct 2007, 15:45

But if i wait until i build up my forces enough to take on the purple gatekeeper, Teal player attacks me with a horde and wipes me out! :|
Usually about week 5.

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 24 Oct 2007, 16:13

Get teal to attack you in town. Destroy catapult and watch him retreat.

That happened to me as well in week 5, just a turn or two after I broke the garrison and had brown join me.

Also had that other hero work as "main", atleast for that part of the map - beginning. As his war machines, and soon after triple ballista is of crucial help on heroic. One round and 600+ hp of catapult gone down.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 29 Oct 2007, 14:47

Nebs wrote:Get teal to attack you in town. Destroy catapult and watch him retreat.

That happened to me as well in week 5, just a turn or two after I broke the garrison and had brown join me.

Also had that other hero work as "main", atleast for that part of the map - beginning. As his war machines, and soon after triple ballista is of crucial help on heroic. One round and 600+ hp of catapult gone down.
I did that this weekend. It was actually a fun defense. I destroyed his catapult and fought off the upgraded wyverns that flew over, but didn't know that cyclops could bash the door down. Fortunately, I was able to fell them just before they could finish it off...then teal retreated, never to attack again. Tough map though.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 29 Oct 2007, 15:53

There's a much easier way. You don't have to hold on to the initial towns after they have converted, so you can just move on and let Teal take them. It's actually a very easy mission:

1. Clear everything accessible around your initial town. Beef up your army with as many upgraded units as possible.
2. Then take the garrison and get brown to convert. Clear as much in that area as possible and get more unit from that town.
3. As soon as the strong Teal army shows up, head to the sea, picking up another batch of units from your initial town.
4. Once at sea head directly to the Green town. The Purple armies at sea can be easily avoided and typically head to your initial towns anyway. Note that you will begin losing your initial towns to Teal now.
5. You will have a semi-tough battle with the Purple army guarding the shore before the green town, but it's very winnable.
6. Then take the green town and clear the area before going to sea again on the other side.
7. Head down and win the final battle and you are done.

Of course, winning the tough battles against Teal might be fun, but I doubt it's possible on heroic.

There's always another way! :)

yankeee80
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

what dates?

Unread postby yankeee80 » 30 Oct 2007, 14:52

Shep61: Any estimate dates on those 5 first points of yours?

I take on the purple gate guard mid month 2 and he's about 200% stronger than me on NORMAL.

After 8 years of Heroes playing I'd hate to admit that I'm a complete newbie and rather hope that this map is completely misbalanced.

Cheers
Eric

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 30 Oct 2007, 17:34

I don't really remember the timing. I didn't spend much time in the Brown area, though. I'm thinking week 5-6 headed out to sea and took on purple.

Two key war cries helped me. I think one's called "hear my roar" and the other is something about anger. One scares an entire stack and kills their initiative and the other is a solid destructive spell.

This was a very hard mission and the balance is bad. I attempted to beat the teal army many times (never would attack me in a city) and lost every time.

yankeee80
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

boats

Unread postby yankeee80 » 31 Oct 2007, 11:33

thanks for your reply!

I beat the beach pirate after gathering two more weeks of troops.

Now I'm in the upper right corner town but I cannot build a boat to continue to the last town "the shipyard is deserted" is all I get when I try to build a boat in town.

/eric

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Re: boats

Unread postby Wurtzel » 31 Oct 2007, 11:57

yankeee80 wrote:thanks for your reply!

I beat the beach pirate after gathering two more weeks of troops.

Now I'm in the upper right corner town but I cannot build a boat to continue to the last town "the shipyard is deserted" is all I get when I try to build a boat in town.

/eric
Haven't you heard of the "Vessal of Shallasa" spell??
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

yankeee80
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

ok

Unread postby yankeee80 » 01 Nov 2007, 06:45

Indeed I have but it's greyed out when I'm standing on the beach.

Now I just saw another post saying I have to stand out in the water for it to work

/eric

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 02 Nov 2007, 04:00

Just played One Khan One Clan on heroic...
Wow! This is so difficult. 5/5 for sure. :D

I just managed to clear my half of the island, using about 6 weeks.
Here are a few of my experiences:

(1) Didn't claim orange until Day 1 Week "2". The Orange will build up the town to ~ Lv9 free of charge! Kujin is so weak she cannot beat anything (except for the Sawmill) anyways. And their combined army also sucks. Those neutral stack size are a joke.

(2) All spell shrines gives EXP. The one just north of the orange town boosts everyone to level 4 instantly.

(3) Develop the Orange hero to have flaming arrow (attack) + triple ballista (war machine). The earliest I could get it is level 9. It is sooo powerful that my army means nothing.

(4) The 1st brown hero attacked the town. Used the orange hero to defend.

(5) With a good ballista, I could use 7 x 1 goblin to beat a lot of mines. Shout "fear my roars" if there are 4 stacks to being with (but it is still very dangerous).

(6) The second brown hero is impossible! But I used Kujin to lure him to run around in a circle, and use the orange hero to take everything I have and charge the huge garrison. The brown hero was only 1 tile behind my Kujin! Crazy stuff! I took the brown town on Week 4.

But too bad once I convert the brown town, the huge army disappeared still.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 02 Nov 2007, 06:29

I have a quick question:

From your posts the Teal army is supposed to invade me but it hasn't happened to me yet (heroic 3.0) and it is now week 7 already.

If I reveal the map I can see that large army trying to board a ship, but didn't go very far before turning back. I have not made any ship yet, and I just touched the stack of Cyclop beside it a few turns ago. I guess the teal hasn't been triggered yet? Or maybe there is a way to make them not to come?

Is Teal coming from the sea, or some portal? There is a one-way portal entrance NE of the brown town, but Teal hasn't touched it yet (didn't even bother picking up the resources in front of it).

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 02 Nov 2007, 23:44

Teal army appears from one-way portal exit well south of the brown town. It is random. My first time it appeared one turn after I took the brown town and destroyed me easily. The next time it took 1-2 weeks from my taking the brown town to appear and then I out ran it to the sea. Not sure what triggers it, if anything.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Nov 2007, 01:24

Okay, thanks. I have a little more information regarding the Teal's appearance now (on heroic).

It was the beginning of Month 3. I've had no teal action at all, so I sent Kujin north to where the Cyclops used to be), and end my turn there when Kujin is about 1 tile away from the shipyard (I ran out of movement points). The very end turn, I noticed a very long Teal thinking time.

The invading Teal hero, who used to roam on the beach, returns to its town and goes straight north to pass the one-way portal.

Turn K - goes back to town
Turn K+1 - almost reaches the portal
Turn K+2 - passes the portal and head north
Turn K+3 - Strangely he had no interest of my brown town, where my triple flaming ballista hero awaits. Instead he kept flagging my mines which was very annoying.

So I loaded my save where I just triggered Teal, pulled Kujin back and used a weak hero to bait. The Teal hero took it and ran up to be intercepted by Kujin on the next turn. With an army about 10 x town growth (20 cyclops, etc.) Kujin won this one pretty easily (Teal retreated after losing about 70% of its army).

Interestingly, I only trigger Purple pirate's action when Kujin end her turn on the sea. So it is totally possible to trigger Teal first, defeat it and then set sail.

I have seen people reporting different Teal spawn time. Now if you can try to recall - did they coincide with your Kujin ending her turn somewhere close to the beach?

The purple pirates didn't really come to my island (but I did block the beach with 6 boats, lol), instead they started chasing Kujin after the Lethos fight (I was down in troops. I thought I would have lost, but Cyclops rock and saved the day!), and the purple ships came straight to Kujin's green. They were able to land, since I didn't have enough man power to block that beach... by then I already had the triple flaming ballista plus most of the cyclops and 1000+ goblins and 280+ Centaurs, the fight wasn't too tough.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Nov 2007, 18:47

Ok I just digged up the script from the mission.
* diff = 4 for heroic

---------- ORC AI CONTROL ----------

HarassHero = "Hero2"
DeployCount = 0;
HeroLevel = 0;

function PortalCapture()
if GetDate( DAY ) == ( 28 - diff ) then
if IsHeroAlive( HarassHero ) and DeployCount < 1 then
SetRegionBlocked( "PortalBlock", nil, PLAYER_5 );
sleep( 1 );
if CanMoveHero( HarassHero, 110, 93, GROUND ) then
MoveHero( HarassHero, 110, 90, GROUND );
end;
SetAIHeroAttractor( "TealPortal", HarassHero, 1 );
print( "Orcs Orcs Orcs ! Coming to pwn Player" );
end;
end;
end;

It seems to me that the Teal is coming during week 4 by default. I wonder why in my game Teal did not come? I did not capture the Brown town until Day 6 Week 4 (Day 27), which has passed the Teal spawn date actually. Did that make a difference?

The entire script can be found here:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/featur ... script.txt

jcw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jcw » 05 Nov 2007, 16:01

Where do you get the "Vessal of Shallasa" spell, cause have been running around for weeks trying to get from the green stronghold in the NE corner, and to the Teal stronghold?

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 05 Nov 2007, 16:39

jcw wrote:Where do you get the "Vessal of Shallasa" spell, cause have been running around for weeks trying to get from the green stronghold in the NE corner, and to the Teal stronghold?
Build a Traveler's Hut (or whatever the english name is) in a town and buy a talisman ? ;)

Return to “Heroes V-VI”