Duel Editor??

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Alabaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Duel Editor??

Unread postby Alabaster » 18 Oct 2007, 11:48

Couple dumb questions about the duel editor, and I guess, "mods."

I have ZERO knowledge of the whole "mod" thing. I just want to make my own duel armies.

1) Where is the duel editor?

2) Is it a user friendly interface, or is it some prgramming stuff?

3) Is modding in general only the realm of programmers?

4) What programs are used? OR is it not a seperate program and just getting into the game's basic guts and tinkering around?

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 18 Oct 2007, 12:07

You find the duel editor in the editor, pull-down menu duel presets. It's very easy to handle.
ZZZzzzz....

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Oct 2007, 13:37

about that duel editor, don't you think you can make your heroes just a little to powerfull, I made a deidara have 2 necromancer items so banshee howl decreases morale and luck by 2, and ring of broken will I gave her expert sommoning and master of life (5 banshee's in 1 raise dead) expert dark magic (master of curses and master of mind) expert defence (chilling bones + endurance) add 8 knoledge and 6 spellpower by that and it's pwnage
I had 120 sceleton archers and 120 sceleton shield thingy's to protect archliches and sceleton archers vs opponent archers, I added 15 archliches, 10 banshee's 1 stack of 4 ghost dragons and 1 stack of 5 ghost dragons,
to make a long story short, their morale was never above -5 wich results into death wail abuse

all of this might result into this:

(note that he had 5 untamed cyclopses aswell)
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Alabaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alabaster » 29 Oct 2007, 07:37

You can make a pretty sick Jezabeth as well.

Some main map stuff needs to be accounted for in duels.

The randomness of treasure is one, though it's hard to imagine how.

Spells should cost gold.

Necro should get a reduction on low tier troops according to their Necromancy level, human training should be factored in as well.

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 01 Nov 2007, 00:04

What is the most powerful duel hero anyone has been able to make? The best I've been able to come up with in the 15K-22K range is this:

Specialty: Anwen (higher critical hit chance)
Expert avenger + rain of arrows + deadeye shot
Expert destructive magic
Expert war machines + ballista + triple ballista + imbue ballista
Basic sorcery + arcane training

Base stats: Attack 2, Defence 2, Spellpower 5, Knowledge 10

Dragon Teeth Necklace (+3 spellpower, all casters get +10% initiative)
Dragon Talon Crown (+3 knowledge, all war machines + 10% initiative)
Set bonus: +1 attack, 1 defence, 1 spellpower, 1 knowledge

Runic War Axe (2 attack, 2 spellpower)
Runic War Harness (2 defence, 2 knowledge)

Emerald Slippers (+50% earth damage)
Ring of Machine Affinity (+1 defence, +1 ballista shot, doubles first aid tent healing power, ammo cart increases shooter attack by +4)

Has all war machines and available spells.

Has 47 ancient treants, 53 dryads, 24 high druids and 24 druid elders.

I imbue arrows with implosion, and rain of arrows then implodes four targets, while my ballista deals up to four implosions on one target. The druids I split into a few stacks, and use channelling/mana feed to restore the hero's knowledge.

However hard I try, I can't make a hero who can beat this one... Anyone think they have a hero who can?

Alabaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alabaster » 01 Nov 2007, 00:46

They should have labeled one of the point ranges as "tournament." I think if there was a semi-official feel to one of the ranges players would organize more custom matches. Or offer a custom channel.

I plan to make some for the top range and start looking for players.

The only thing I think should banned for custom would be Armageddon, but then again, I play mostly 3x3 and it is cheesier in that setting.

My All Succubus/Arch Devils Jezabeth with all shooter items, backed up by her Destruction spells/skills/items was pretty sick, but I have to make some more customs for it to go up against.

When are you on? If I'm on, it's from 11pm-3am pacific, in Duel room 1.

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 01 Nov 2007, 01:28

Can be on 2am pacific time tonight, will test some custom heroes then?

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 01 Nov 2007, 09:48

Maybe I should have picked a time that wasn't quite so soon...

I definitely agree about the custom channel, whatever I name a game people still join as ordinary heroes, making it unfair for me to pick custom ones. I'll try and be on around the same time tomorrow.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 01 Nov 2007, 18:57

tb5841 wrote:What is the most powerful duel hero anyone has been able to make? The best I've been able to come up with in the 15K-22K range is this:

Specialty: Anwen (higher critical hit chance)
Expert avenger + rain of arrows + deadeye shot
Expert destructive magic
Expert war machines + ballista + triple ballista + imbue ballista
Basic sorcery + arcane training

Base stats: Attack 2, Defence 2, Spellpower 5, Knowledge 10

Dragon Teeth Necklace (+3 spellpower, all casters get +10% initiative)
Dragon Talon Crown (+3 knowledge, all war machines + 10% initiative)

Runic War Axe (2 attack, 2 spellpower)
Runic War Harness (2 defence, 2 knowledge)

Emerald Slippers (+50% earth damage)
Ring of Machine Affinity (+1 defence, +1 ballista shot, doubles first aid tent healing power, ammo cart increases shooter attack by +4)

Has all war machines and available spells.

Has 47 ancient treants, 53 dryads, 24 high druids and 24 druid elders.

I imbue arrows with implosion, and rain of arrows then implodes four targets, while my ballista deals up to four implosions on one target. The druids I split into a few stacks, and use channelling/mana feed to restore the hero's knowledge.

However hard I try, I can't make a hero who can beat this one... Anyone think they have a hero who can?
I'd rather stay in the 10k to 15k area, you can have some artifacts and a good army, or a strong army without aritfacts, or a superweak army with uber artifacts

I have made a, 'quatripple destructive spell' heroew myself but I don't consider him the strongers because people'll look at your skills and know what your planning to do making your ballista their prime target, also you should give her atk, archery and flaming arrow, if your gunna abuse ballista anyways

besides, you can't get imbue ballista if you don't have imbue arrow as avenger skill

my strongest heroew is ossir

ossir is just a heroew upgrading archers to the max, archers dream artifact set (no range penalty +4 attack unlimited ammo and All shooters move backward along the ATB bar 30% less than usual while shooting)
a ring of war machine afficiency (+4 atk for archers) 3 stacks of 40 master hunters, 3 stacks of 7 ancient treants and 1 stack of 18 high druids (to gimme some spellpower)
he has basic avenger (deadeye shot)
expert luck (soldiers luck)
expert attack (archery+battle frenzy+nature's wrath)
exert light magic (master of blessing + master of wrath)

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 02 Nov 2007, 00:31

Forgot to mention imbue arrow, but it's there.
Taking down a ballista is actually very difficult, it has 1100 health with previously mentioned skills, I think it's impossible to kill it before it gets its first 4 implosions off. And I have yet to see any enemy stack survive an attack from my ballista, so attack/archery/flaming arrow would be a waste of 3 skill points.

I made a similar archer hero, and they do work quite well. But with only 3 different units, all of them will be favoured enemies against another sylvan hero, so on my hero's first turn he'd implode every stack you have with rain of arrows :D Knowing what someone is going to do doesn't mean you can stop it...

Making heroes for the 10-15K range might actually be more fun, as it means you have to compromise somewhere. I'll give it a try.

yuritch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yuritch » 02 Nov 2007, 07:34

tb5841 wrote:...Taking down a ballista is actually very difficult, it has 1100 health with previously mentioned skills, I think it's impossible to kill it before it gets its first 4 implosions off....
Try fighting an enemy who has Logistics->Swift Mind and Destructive->Cold Death (and Ice Bolt spell) and see how fast your ballista will get wrecked. It's very probable that it won't get a chance to shoot even once.

Mirez

Unread postby Mirez » 02 Nov 2007, 15:18

yeah or a stack master hunters attacks it

tb5841
Scout
Scout

Unread postby tb5841 » 02 Nov 2007, 16:30

Does cold death work on ballistas? As that seems really quite powerful...

Played around with some numbers, and it seems taking down a ballista would actually be quite easy. But master hunters have an initiative of 10, while my ballista with the dragon talon crown has initiative 11. So it would probably act before master hunters could.

Regardless, my hero wasn't meant to be based on just a ballista, and would do fine even if it didn't get to act.

Alabaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alabaster » 06 Nov 2007, 01:55

I tried out the Anwen Imploding Rain of Arrows thing. It's pretty crazy. I just went for Treants and unicorns. Anwen does it all. The computer doesnt make it out of the first round. The only thing that can really stop it is an army custom made for that purpose, and that aint exactly fair. Lots of Magnetic Golems, Anti-magic items, etc.

I wish they'd made spells cost money in the customs. It could also use an "all avaliable spells" button to click the ones you can learn. Grouping the items by slot-type would have been nice too.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”