New Patches?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Capt_Tripps
Peasant
Peasant

New Patches?

Unread postby Capt_Tripps » 17 Oct 2007, 02:14

Is there any word on if there will be any new patches now that TotE is out (mostly)?

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 17 Oct 2007, 06:15

According to Jolly Joker, there will be a patch for tote sometme this month :hoo: Bet he regrets saying that, in view of Nival's past performances :devious:
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 17 Oct 2007, 06:41

Wurtzel wrote:According to Jolly Joker, there will be a patch for tote sometme this month

Meanwhile, people are still waiting for Patch 2.2 for HOF.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 Oct 2007, 06:52

Inofficially spoken, 3.1 and 1.6 are scheduled for October NOW. That doesn't mean they will be released in October as well, but 2 weeks from the end of the month it doesn't look too bad for that.
I didn't see anything for 2.2 yet and can't imagine 2.2 being released earlier than at least a month after 1.6 and 3.1.
ZZZzzzz....

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 17 Oct 2007, 09:12

I've been reviewing Age of Heroes section about Dark Enegy and I've found this:

IMPORTANT 1.5 Note: The Dark Energy Pool formula has been amended to 250 + Hero_Bonus + Building_Bonus. Where the Hero Bonus is doubled, and the Pillar of Bones bonus is reduced from 150 to 20 DE points.

In Tribes of the East (3.0), the values are the same as in 2.1

That's a bit confusing for me, because what does it mean? Some changes were applied to 1.5 but not for 2.1 and 3.0? I hope you can solve this mystery or throw a little ray of light on it, because that could be the solution to the horde of necrofans who are always complaining of little DE or/and no abilities about it. Actually, Lord of the Undead (+5% to Necromancy) has now little sense.
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Ohma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ohma » 17 Oct 2007, 16:10

and the Pillar of Bones bonus is reduced from 150 to 20 DE points
That's quite a reduction. 8|

And odd considering that my friend (who is *obsessed* with necropolis) was having trouble keeping his ranks filled even with skeletons towards the end of our last game.
Free IO!!
Cheng I Sao r0xx0rz my 50xx0rz!!
Glory to the Many!
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." -Pravin Lal
We're *ALL* Devo!

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 17 Oct 2007, 17:15

If you make some numbers using the table from the 1.5 manual, you'll see its formula it's a little better than the 2.1 and 3.0's one. Over +50 DE for a level 20, without counting the helper or carryover heroes. Another pro is that a group of Necromancers of low levels can reach serious figures of DE, and a way to get that could be the Mentor ability.
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 17 Oct 2007, 17:19

I still prefer the old method. I loved being able to raise legions of skeleton archers with relative ease.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Oct 2007, 18:39

How will enemy troops be changed into your undead army this time, since there are now another line of upgrades?

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 17 Oct 2007, 18:43

Good point. I'll have to check that after classes. Nothing makes a classs longer like a highly anticipated game. :(
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 17 Oct 2007, 18:48

If you can raise an upgrade you can pick what upgrade you raise.
ZZZzzzz....

sfidanza
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sfidanza » 17 Oct 2007, 21:12

Lepastur wrote:I've been reviewing Age of Heroes section about Dark Enegy and I've found this:

IMPORTANT 1.5 Note: The Dark Energy Pool formula has been amended to 250 + Hero_Bonus + Building_Bonus. Where the Hero Bonus is doubled, and the Pillar of Bones bonus is reduced from 150 to 20 DE points.

In Tribes of the East (3.0), the values are the same as in 2.1

That's a bit confusing for me, because what does it mean? Some changes were applied to 1.5 but not for 2.1 and 3.0?
Patch 1.5 (which was released after 2.1), indeed changed the DE parameters. However, ToE used the 2.1 older values. It might not have been intended of course, and maybe patch 3.1 will update it, in particular doubling the hero bonus.
On the other hand, it makes Mentoring (Enlightenment) all the more useful, since leveling up you secondary necromancers quickly gives a boost to your DE pool.

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Lepastur » 18 Oct 2007, 16:59

sfidanza wrote:Patch 1.5 (which was released after 2.1), indeed changed the DE parameters. However, ToE used the 2.1 older values. It might not have been intended of course, and maybe patch 3.1 will update it, in particular doubling the hero bonus.
On the other hand, it makes Mentoring (Enlightenment) all the more useful, since leveling up you secondary necromancers quickly gives a boost to your DE pool.
Right! :-D but that's actually the problem or the mystery, because we don't know what are Ubival going to do about this. Will they keep the 2.1 values (like now) or will they re-take the 1.5 ones? IMHO, the second ones are better.

EDITION

The new 1.6 gives some clues about the fate of the DE. As far as I've been able to test, on this patch the mechanic follows the 1.5 principles except on the Bones Collumn, which gives +150 again. It seem the eternal complains from the immor(t)als have just striked their exploiting goal.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 18 Oct 2007, 19:43

Jolly Joker wrote:Inofficially spoken, 3.1 and 1.6 are scheduled for October NOW. That doesn't mean they will be released in October as well, but 2 weeks from the end of the month it doesn't look too bad for that.
I didn't see anything for 2.2 yet and can't imagine 2.2 being released earlier than at least a month after 1.6 and 3.1.
so is this october 2007? or are they gunna wait a year to see if any other bugs might be found :D
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 18 Oct 2007, 19:45

Did you get 1.6 in 2007 or will you have to wait till 2008? :)
ZZZzzzz....

Return to “Heroes V-VI”