Will of Asha - Heart of Darkness

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
cher
Peasant
Peasant

Will of Asha - Heart of Darkness

Unread postby cher » 16 Oct 2007, 05:27

I am totally confused as to what I need to do to break the magical barrier to get to Hammerschein (sp?) I've killed the ghost's murderers, chosen the portal with his daughter. It says to destroy the altars near each of the 4 castles. I assume that means those portals surrounded by red obelisks but what to do?

I've lost count as to how many times I've replayed his scene :|

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 16 Oct 2007, 08:01

Well, it's pretty obvious imo. The ghost tells you what to do ... You have to send 4 minions at the obelisks at the same time and they'll "probably" die of exhaustion.

So you recruit 3 heroes, place them each on one pentagram and send Ornella to the 4th and you're done.

And yes, you'll lose Ornella, so give Arantir her troops and artifacts ;)

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 16 Oct 2007, 08:09

Yes, pretty obvious as you say, but I presently have 4 heroes sitting on 4 portals and nothing happens!

cher
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cher » 16 Oct 2007, 12:12

I have gone back and done this from various saves, even back to before encountering the ghost with the same result. Nothing happens when I have the 4 heroes on the 4 altars, this is very frustrating to have come this far and be so stuck in the very first campaign.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 16 Oct 2007, 12:18

Go back to the save where the ghost is giving the instructions and read them CAREFULLY. You can't just place ANY heroes on the pentagrams, and I don't mean Ornella.
ZZZzzzz....

Dabrinko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dabrinko » 29 Oct 2007, 00:38

Ehm, where do you meet this ghost?

Because Right now, there is a barrier, and five towns, all bright blue.

Don't know really how to proceed.

(And what's up with those assassins that just say " Go Away?"

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 29 Oct 2007, 03:48

Dabrinko wrote:Ehm, where do you meet this ghost?

Because Right now, there is a barrier, and five towns, all bright blue.

Don't know really how to proceed.

(And what's up with those assassins that just say " Go Away?"
There is a bridge in the NE corner of the map. If you ride across the bridge towards the portal on the other side, the ghost in question should introduce himself.

The assassins' purpose will become clear once you have spoken with the ghost.

Sammael
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sammael » 30 Oct 2007, 20:50

I killed the assassins (I refused their offer to kill the succubus to spare their lives, because I figured it would invalidate the ghost's quest), but the ghost's quest is still marked as "not done", and when I attack the final town, I receive no support from the ghost. Um... help?

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 31 Oct 2007, 13:42

If the ghost quest is specifically marked as "not done", you failed the quest. If you want to complete the quest, go back to an earlier save. I'm not at my computer so I can't check on the quest req's.
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 31 Oct 2007, 16:29

Did you pass through one of the one-way portals to claim your reward?

BTW that's the ghost's help for you final battle. There is no additional help.

tackaberry
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tackaberry » 07 Nov 2007, 05:50

I'm having the same problem. Killed the assassins. sat heroes on all those spots, nada.

Heretic_Cata
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Heretic_Cata » 07 Nov 2007, 11:36

tackaberry wrote:I'm having the same problem. Killed the assassins. sat heroes on all those spots, nada.
Arantir must NOT be one of the heroes that sit on the spots.
"Be who you are and say what you feel - those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Simira
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Simira » 19 Jan 2008, 22:31

You must return to the bridge and the ghost after killing the assassins. Then, save his daughter (choose the portal to the prison). To remove the barrier, recruit maximum number of heroes (3), and put them, plus Ornella, on the four circles. They will be "consumed" and the barrier is gone. You are NOT losing because of Ornellas death.

I've come this far, but have an issue. After taking the garrison at the bridge, Valeria is not allowed to proceed through it. I need to go with Arantir. Fair enough. But when I move him through the garrison, one step further, the game seems to hang somehow. The mousepointer becomes an hourglass, but the computer does not appear to work very hard, and nothing happens. I can't change the view or something, only thing I'm able to is to quit the game. What happenes? Is this a known bug? What can I do? I tried to wait a couple of days more before going through, but it didn't help.
Suggestions are appreciated!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 19 Jan 2008, 22:48

Seems like this map is either really buggy or extremely badly done.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

galaxy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby galaxy » 19 Jan 2008, 23:09

i had zero problems first i went through this map. i think the real issue is reading x.x just blindly playing campaigns is great but you will get stuck without thinking.
~You hallow out my hungry eyes~

Simira
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Simira » 20 Jan 2008, 00:35

The reading is not my problem. On the first try, Arantir got through the gate normally, but I discovered I had a too small army, so I reloaded and spent another week getting more troops. After that, this bug appeared.

My fix was to reload back to where he got through the gate, having Valeria getting him loads of troops, and then doing the final attack.

ransomdl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Will of Asha, The Grim Crusade

Unread postby ransomdl » 14 Feb 2008, 21:10

Has anyone had any problems with the game completion of the "The Grim Crusade", the second mission in the The Will of Asha Campaign?

I have played this mission three times and it has never displayed the Objectives, which primarily would be: "Defeat all Enemies" and "Arinter Must Survive". Therefore, the game never comes to completion since the Objectives are not identified as completed, even though all enemies have been destroyed.

Any help would be appreciated.
ransomdl
Warlock

Return to “Heroes V-VI”