Map Problem

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Map Problem

Unread postby soupnazii » 14 Oct 2007, 02:10

I downloaded that map "The School" on the main page because it seemed like the first good map ive seen in a while, and got me to play heroes 5 for the first time in months. i downloaded it and put it in the maps folder liek any other map.
when i went to play it, like any other map, i went into the "custom map" menu, selected "The School", and played.

funny thing is, that while the map in the game had the same description as there was in the readme, the actual map didnt match up to the minimaps shown on the main page, and seemed to be completely different. even stranger, when i opened it up in the map editor i got the map from the main page, again with the same description but, again, completely different form the one i get in-game

what the f*** is going on here?

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 14 Oct 2007, 02:51

Have you checked the name of the file on the news page? I helped him playtest the version that was uploaded to the playtesting section but he made some changes in the final version (I haven't looked at the final version.) You may be opening up the version he submitted for playtesting in the editor instead of the final version.

The name of the playtest version was BK - The School9_7_07.h5m while the final version is BK - School10-10-07.h5m

He has done a lot of scripting in the map. It is a good one. I look forward to his future work.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 14 Oct 2007, 20:53

i have BK - School10-9-07.h5m. but that still doesnt explain why the map in-game is completely different. it isnt even similar to the one from the editor or the news page. what am i doing wrong? i have no idea what might be going on here.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Oct 2007, 13:51

There was an error with The School and I have updated the file on the server since. Please redownload, and sorry for the inconvenience.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 16 Oct 2007, 00:34

that explains it. thank you.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”