Skip move during blood rage

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
LarkinVB
Peasant
Peasant

Skip move during blood rage

Unread postby LarkinVB » 12 Oct 2007, 16:52

Is it true that I have to run back and forth with my orcs if I don't want to attack but don't want to loose blood rage either ? This is really tedious.
A skip move button would be better. Unit will get no defend bonus, will loose move but no blood rage points.

Or do I miss something ?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Oct 2007, 20:52

don't let them stand still, that's the key, no waiting/no defending
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 12 Oct 2007, 20:54

If you wait (press the skip button which actually exists now), you lose 100 rage, if you defend you lose 30 rage. Orcs are made to attack, not to wait in a corner ;)

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 12 Oct 2007, 20:58

I'm with the OP on this one.

The demo was a different experience. In the course of normal creeping there will be times when you don't to rush out and expose your slow moving troops.

You do have to shuffle your troops around so they don't lose blood rage. I personally don't mind it (yet) but I can see where it would be tedious.

LarkinVB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby LarkinVB » 12 Oct 2007, 21:00

@haloswift: You don't seem to get it. If I don't want to approach the enemy AND don't want to loose rage I can simply move a bit to the front and back again to the starting field in the same move. This is usefull sometimes AND tedious.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Oct 2007, 21:09

LarkinVB wrote:@haloswift: You don't seem to get it. If I don't want to approach the enemy AND don't want to loose rage I can simply move a bit to the front and back again to the starting field in the same move. This is usefull sometimes AND tedious.
yes I know, yous said it at the topic discription..... :|
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 13 Oct 2007, 16:32

Yeah, what's up with that? I personally would like to cast a spell AND keep my mana. Ubival screwed that one up too.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 13 Oct 2007, 17:53

jerseys wrote:Yeah, what's up with that? I personally would like to cast a spell AND keep my mana. Ubival screwed that one up too.
Either i do not get your point or you have missed one. Anyway, the problem raised by this thread is that each time you want to cast a spell you are asked a 20 symbol CD-key. Oops, actually it was that you can save rage points and creatures by doing tedious micromanaging which has very little impact on battle outcome.

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jerseys » 13 Oct 2007, 21:44

either you sarcasm or sarcasm by sarcasm completely missing sarcasm and a sarcasm.

My point is that you're not forced to gain blood rage. You gain it under specific circumstances which may mean paying by puting your units in danger - just the same as casting a spell makes you pay by using up mp. If you want to 'cheat' (not exactly) and go around it, the game also makes you pay. You're not supposed to be able to wait AND preserve your bloodrage.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Oct 2007, 03:44

jerseys wrote:You're not supposed to be able to wait AND preserve your bloodrage.
Fine but stepping one square to the side with all your creatures isn't fun.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 14 Oct 2007, 07:08

jerseys wrote: . You're not supposed to be able to wait AND preserve your bloodrage.
Supposed or not, but the game allows it. The method for that is IMO way too obvious to call it an unfortunate bug. To reduce the boring factors in the game, either there should be a command to skip a turn without losing rage or *every* move should cost rage (in case of hitting an enemy the gain is greater than loss).

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 14 Oct 2007, 07:48

The aim of the Orcs is to hit before being hit, the way bloodrage works is fine with the race's gameplay. I fail to see where there's a problem.

If you don't like micro-managing, then just rush or hit defend and lose more troops than you would if you don't micro-manage your troops.

All this game is about micro-managing to minimize troops loss. You pay attention on which side you attack the dragons so they don't hit 2 of your troops, and you love when they hit their own troops, same goes with Cerberis, Succubis' ranged retaliation etc, etc...

I kinda like having a faction that does anything else than "hit W, hit W, hit W, hit W, cast spell, hit W, hit W, hit W, cast spell, attack with dragons, hit W, hit W" .... rince and repeat.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 14 Oct 2007, 08:43

Nelgirith wrote:The aim of the Orcs is to hit before being hit, the way bloodrage works is fine with the race's gameplay. I fail to see where there's a problem..
Two equal orc armies with some initial rage. Player A moves his stacks towards enemy as orcs are supposed to do. Player B, on the other hand, just moves a square left or right not trying to get closer to the enemy. What happens? Neither side neither gains nor loses any rage before encounter since moving does not affect rage. Encounter occurs in player B side. This means 1) B stacks are not in the range of A shooters, while A units are in the range of B shooters 2) B units are less spread around making them better protected from melee attacks and allowing to gang around any enemy that has reached their line. Hence, orc army that does not charge over the battlefield has an advantage over the one that does. Is it really how orcs are supposed to be?

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Oct 2007, 09:16

The Orcs don't play different in this from anybody else. If you have an advantage in ranged combat you tend to let the enemy come. However, your level 5 and 6 have enough speed to move into range without exposing themselves to the lower level units, and if the other level 5 and 6s move to attack them they make themselves vulnerable to the lower level units.
Additionally there are Hero abilities that will greatly affect the situation: Leadership and Moral as such, Aura of Swiftness or Divine Guidance, Stunning Blow and so on.
ZZZzzzz....

Return to “Heroes V-VI”