Allied Maps in TOTE?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Gaping_MAW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Allied Maps in TOTE?

Unread postby Gaping_MAW » 10 Oct 2007, 23:28

Tried posting on the official forums for an answer, but didn't get a lot of joy.

Can any of you here who have the expansion confirm whether it has allied MP maps out of the box, or will we have to modify the mp maps so that allied play is possible?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 11 Oct 2007, 00:52

I don't have the expansion yet, but I sure hope Nival learned its lesson.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 11 Oct 2007, 05:32

They have to be altered. However, there are now special allied game functions, like access to all relevant info of the allies (via kingdom overview), text notifications for important events pertaining the allies - like battle results - and so on.
ZZZzzzz....

Gaping_MAW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gaping_MAW » 11 Oct 2007, 12:32

ok, so these special allied functions are inherent in the game, and not in the map? i.e. when I update my fave allied maps for TOTE, I won't have to tick the options somewhere in the depths of the map editor?

Why add allied functionality and NOT make allied maps available with the release? sheesh. most people aren't going to bother editing the maps.

edit: I see you responded in the official forums too, thanks JJ.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 12 Oct 2007, 20:49

tribes of the east actually does have ally'd maps
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Gaping_MAW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gaping_MAW » 14 Oct 2007, 00:19

really? How many? so you can start a game and put people on the same team?

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 14 Oct 2007, 01:00

Let me guess.. in order to even play the new race on older (vanilla HV and HoF) maps, we have to actually edit those too, right? cause that would just be too hard for nival wouldn't it?

go on.. suprise me

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Oct 2007, 07:09

Surpri-ise!
ZZZzzzz....

Mnc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mnc » 15 Oct 2007, 15:49

haloswift wrote:tribes of the east actually does have ally'd maps
and im sure there will come loads of more later on, from map makers who get exsited too.
Making maps is Art and true beuty lies in them..

Gaping_MAW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gaping_MAW » 16 Oct 2007, 04:14

we thought that in the past, and it didn't really happen...

batalex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby batalex » 17 Oct 2007, 06:41

Ok gyes I don’t understand there is an options (I can’t found) in RMG to play in team. I want to play with friend - me and him vs. all computers. I know that I make it through map editor but this is boring and when I make this option I see the map… Is this so complexity for Ubi or Nival to make that simple option via RMG?

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 18 Oct 2007, 01:22

batalex wrote:Ok gyes I don’t understand there is an options (I can’t found) in RMG to play in team. I want to play with friend - me and him vs. all computers. I know that I make it through map editor but this is boring and when I make this option I see the map… Is this so complexity for Ubi or Nival to make that simple option via RMG?
exactly my thoughts. I bought Heroes V to play with my brother on Lan against the computer, perhaps sometimeswith some computer allies. But nival are too idiotic to create a simple way for people to change teams/players on maps, so we have to manually edit the fucking game files to do it. and in this day and age? jesus christ.. even Starcraft had this functionality.

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 18 Oct 2007, 19:48

Ok, this is somewhat related...forgive my ignorance, but how do you get the multiplayer maps (which appear as choices when you run the game) to appear in the ToE Maps folder (from which they can be altered to become allied games)?? I see all the map names when I play the game, but the ToE Map folder is empty, and so is the map editor when I try to "Open" a map to edit it to team play. Thanks for your help.

GP

Gaping_MAW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gaping_MAW » 18 Oct 2007, 23:52

I don't have TOTE yet, but I'm guessing they didn't leave the maps as h5m files (did the same in HOF)... you'll probably have to hope someone can extract them into h5m files for you. It's not a simple process.

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 19 Oct 2007, 15:40

That's lovely (sigh)...so, if I'm understanding you correctly, the Maps folder created during the installation of ToE is totally useless, since the game is not looking in the Maps folder to find h5m maps, like HoF does, but is looking at some other location to find maps that are pak files, or something similar, and that these pak files (or whatever they are) cannot be edited in the ToE map editor until someone extracts them. Then, they can be put in the Maps folder...which ToE will not look at anyway, and so they will be totally useless there...
Is that about what I'm looking at here?? (sigh)

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 19 Oct 2007, 17:00

Wow I'm not sure where you got that idea GP.

The game will read maps from the maps folder if they are .h5m.

They can be made with any of the 3 map editors and still work, I have tried it.

The issue is that the maps that come with the game, Nival maps, are stored in the game files, not as .h5m.

Age of Heroes has .h5m's for the maps from HV and HoF but does not yet have ToE maps. Give it time and someone will do it.

Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 19 Oct 2007, 17:21

Ah...(begins to see the light)

I see what happened (don't know why, though)...I copied a map (.h5m) from HoF Maps folder to ToE Maps folder, immediately went to the game to look for it, and it was not there! Nor was it visible in the Map Editor for ToE. However, after a reboot of the system, the map copied from the HoF Maps folder appeared not only in the listing of available maps for ToE, but also was available to be "Open"ed in the ToE Map Editor.
I feel much better...(smile). Thanks, PhoenixReborn!

GP

Return to “Heroes V-VI”