Guys...I finished a 7 hour Game without a Disconnect!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Guys...I finished a 7 hour Game without a Disconnect!

Unread postby Sir Alock » 29 Jan 2006, 06:23

Well....A buddy of mine & I played a little over seven hours on a 2 person map without a disconnect!!! Yes...it really happened! I didn't capture his castle...We finally wound up on an island & duked it out. I came up the victor by a very small margin.

Has anyone gone that long without a disconnect? I played about 10 or so games & it seems like if I'm playing someone from another country (other then the USA) I have problems. I know this sounds crazy....but why does my friend who lives a mile away....We have a perfect game?

Anyway...It gave me a real chance to go up against a lot of different creatures. Yes...the game is very rough...but if some time is put into it can come out a real winner. The battlefield grows on you after a while. Anyway....I did get to produce every creature including an upgraded Angel...Very fun!

I thought I pass this along. I'm wondering has anybody gone this long in the MP beta?

Alex

jamsz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

No

Unread postby jamsz » 29 Jan 2006, 12:48

5 disconnects so far, all were around 3rd week (turns 15-20). Pretty pissed...

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 29 Jan 2006, 14:32

Aprox. 6 hours yesterday.... my opponent then and me were so surprised, glad and totally overjoyed after soooooo many sessions that didn't last further than the third week!

Well, but this isn't a fairy tale, pretty accurate after the sixth hour, the performance dropped massively and then it was gone (againnnnn)!

There can't be any internal Ubi-kickout-timer, can it!? :|

Ok , i am totally uninformed in Server-Network-ping-protocoll-whatever-thingies..... so, please, could anybody adept tell me what parameters can decide the constancy of a game?

Many people playing simultaneous on the servers, probably?
What else?
And is there a chance tihs can (be) improve(d by Ubi) anyhow?

And yeah, i know, this is just a beta... but the longer the sessions, the better the game can be plaid, so more possible bugs and flaws detectable.... and the more fun for the testers would "only" be a personable side effect!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 29 Jan 2006, 15:25

the performance dropped massively and then it was gone (againnnnn)!

We did have a massive slowdown in about the 5th hour for only 2 turns...then it went back to normal (well...if you want to call it normal speed)

I'm glad to know that some others got that far along. My wish is that we had asmall SP map to play without waiting so long for turns.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 29 Jan 2006, 17:46

Sir Alock wrote: We did have a massive slowdown in about the 5th hour for only 2 turns...then it went back to normal (well...if you want to call it normal speed)
Maybe this would have woked for us too in this game, but unfortunately the other player got disconnected during this lag, although he told me earlier that he has never been before (just like me).
Sir Alock wrote: My wish is that we had asmall SP map to play without waiting so long for turns.
Hear hear :devious: :-D
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Return to “Heroes V-VI”