Why +2 morale?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Why +2 morale?

Unread postby Romanov77 » 20 Sep 2007, 12:46

Simple.

I just started the hof dungeon campaign and I noticed that my troops have +2 morale in battle, despite me not having +morale abilities/artifacts, neither visited map morale boosters...

I noticed this happened also in other campaigns...why?
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 20 Sep 2007, 13:09

+1 morale for having all troops from same town
additional +1 morale for having hero from same town as troops.

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby godlyatheist » 20 Sep 2007, 18:38

now that i think of it, the -2 morale artyt is not nearly powerful as the -2 luck arty

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 21 Sep 2007, 15:23

It also makes the Necromancer's Howl of Terror all the more important, as Banshee Howl just doesn't do enough.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 21 Sep 2007, 15:30

aaelgr wrote:as Banshee Howl just doesn't do enough.
I find banshee howl good against neutrals. Sometimes they don't go.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 21 Sep 2007, 15:58

The problem with Banshee Howl is that it's only good against neutrals unless you have the Ring of Broken Will (-2 Morale) is nowhere near as useful as the Cursed Ring (-2 Luck).

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 21 Sep 2007, 16:30

So basically aaelgr you are arguing that luck is more powerful (and therefore should be reduced) than morale?

Because if I understand it right, the morale and luck numbers are capped at 5 and then the rings are going to reduce them to 3.

Romanov77
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Romanov77 » 21 Sep 2007, 17:52

This makes Leadership a bit redundant, isnt it??
And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

H.P. Lovecraft - gentleman, writer and dreamer.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 21 Sep 2007, 18:35

PhoenixReborn wrote:So basically aaelgr you are arguing that luck is more powerful (and therefore should be reduced) than morale?

Because if I understand it right, the morale and luck numbers are capped at 5 and then the rings are going to reduce them to 3.
his point is that when you use the ring that reduces luck is more powerfull since normally the opponent doesn't have +2 luck like morale

though I don't quite agree, what's better? not having opponent troops act quicky because of morale once in a while, or have enemy troops make attacks with only half as much as they would do without bad luck?

I'd say it's quite even
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby godlyatheist » 22 Sep 2007, 00:07

Romanov77 wrote:This makes Leadership a bit redundant, isnt it??
No, haven with leadership doesn't need extra arty to boost morale, since it will be at 5. The knight can put arties that boost stats (like knowledge) instead of morale boosting arty.

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby godlyatheist » 22 Sep 2007, 00:13

haloswift wrote:
PhoenixReborn wrote:So basically aaelgr you are arguing that luck is more powerful (and therefore should be reduced) than morale?

his point is that when you use the ring that reduces luck is more powerfull since normally the opponent doesn't have +2 luck like morale

though I don't quite agree, what's better? not having opponent troops act quicky because of morale once in a while, or have enemy troops make attacks with only half as much as they would do without bad luck?

I'd say it's quite even
That depends on the factio your going against. If your fighting sylvan, it will have +2 morale and +5 luck (usually). Therefore, it's better to reduce morale so sylvan troops don't get the chance to do more lucky hits. Also, during early-mid game, it's hard tp have +5 luck or morale. So, those 2 arties will be more effective. Using them late game is silly unless you know the enemy don't have those two skill.

Cloak of death shadow + the 2 rings is nasty tho....

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 22 Sep 2007, 18:51

If I remember the game mechanics properly Luck is more powerful than Morale when it comes to a pure slug-fest of I hit you & you retaliate against me ....

If I remember the exact numbers Luck is 50% more powerful than Morale under those specific circumstances ...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 Sep 2007, 09:42

Hmm. This could be concluded with..since luck is more versatile than morale, morale on negative and positive artifacts, skills, abilities should give -/+3 or -/+4 instead of 2.

mr.dna
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby mr.dna » 27 Sep 2007, 18:42

with retribution morale gets a bit more powerful

Return to “Heroes V-VI”