best race against necromancer

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 22 Sep 2007, 18:48

A superior player with many of the races will often give the Necros a hard time. Of course if the Necro player is as skilled [or more skilled] than the other human player then you have a problem.

The game wasn't made for XXL maps on heroic difficulty with the Necro being guaranteed that he won't be attacked until he's wiped out his fair share of the AI factions.

From the above I assume that you also play with random heroes so that could make the non-Necro's job almost impossible if they get a dud for a starting hero.

Honestly your rules sound "fair" but IMHO they put the other factions behind the 8 ball so-to-speak.

I do think that they can be beaten though if luck is on your side ...

desmod
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby desmod » 26 Sep 2007, 05:40

In fact we choose our starting heroes. I play with Eruina. Grindan always choose Vladimir.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 26 Sep 2007, 08:36

desmod wrote:Let me make some explanations. Usually I play HoF 2.1, XXL maps, against four PC players with random towns and so on and one human player. With the human player I have agreement - we don't attack each other until we crush all of the PC players. That don't give much of a choice about hit and run strategy. PC players in HoF 2.1 never retreat, they are fighting even with the last unit of the last stack. That is why I said that I fight to the death. The human player usually concentrate his army in one strong hero, which is kept for the end of the game and then he is even stronger. When we clear PC players, there is, in fact, only one winning battle. And it's consequences are irreversible. The player who lost his main army, and most important, his main hero, losing the game. Well if you have more than one high level town and big armies in it, there is possibility for retreat and return again with the same hero with new army. But usually that's not the case. And think about the huge amount of experience gained by the enemy hero. Oh and I forgot something. The human player usually is Grindan and usually (again ;) ) he plays necro. Until final battle he have HUGE army of raised necro units.
You are serving him victory on a silver plate. 4 PC player with random towns and peace until the last pc player is dead? Let's say you divide the map evenly - this will bring each of you 2 additional towns. How big are your chances to find another one of your starting towns? About 23.5%. How big are the chances for the Necro? 100% - for both, due to the Shrine of the Underworld, that can transform all the units into undead.
So your rules are BOUND to favor Necropolis - your game is doctored, so-to-speak.
So RAISING isn't your main problem here - it's the fact that your opponent can HIRE as many troops as he likes for all the money he has - you have to deny him that advantage, otherwise you cannot hope to win.
ZZZzzzz....

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 26 Sep 2007, 17:55

This is slightly of topic but i think shrine of the underworld should convert creatures in a same pattern as new necromancy does, instead of a tier-locked conversion.

desmod
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby desmod » 27 Sep 2007, 20:33

@Jolly Joker
Thanks. I'll have that in mind for next game. It will be the week of changing rules :). Greetings.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”