best race against necromancer

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
desmod
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

best race against necromancer

Unread postby desmod » 14 Sep 2007, 07:49

are you agreed with the statement about necromancer's supremacy in Heroes V. Personally I am, although I play with dungeon . If you do so too, please tell me which is the best race against necromancers, particular against human necro player, good necro player.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 14 Sep 2007, 08:00

Supremacy only on rushing maps(with academy) otherwise sylvan and dungeon can beat it on larger maps with little effort. Runemages are also very strong in endgame. By midgame it should be balanced with all more or less.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

grindan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grindan » 14 Sep 2007, 10:47

Thank you, desmod, for the nice words :D !
I happen to be the "good player" and i have to say that desmod don't stand a chance whith dungeon, well maybe i exaggerate a bit, he is a good player too. But his chances of success were even poorer when he played with sylvan before.
For what i've seen i must say that heaven is the best against the necros.
Looking forward for the next battle, desmod! ;)

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Sep 2007, 14:34

Desmod are you doing hit and run?

desmod
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby desmod » 14 Sep 2007, 18:42

No. I fight to the death. :devil:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 14 Sep 2007, 19:15

Dungeon could easily do a hit&run vs necropolis but it's a more clean game if you don't. Of course dungeon is occasionally forced to do that.
- Metathron

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby godlyatheist » 14 Sep 2007, 21:23

Necro needs boneward and magic protection arties against dungeon. I'd say dungeon rush or academy MMR will own necro. Late game is more favorable for might faction races that have light magic.

When i play necro i mod the DE points so i have like 400 in week two, enough for raising a pack of vamps :D Otherwise, necro just sucks in dmg output

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 15 Sep 2007, 04:37

Clean game?

And godly atheist you aren't playing against other people if you are playing with a modded version. And anyway in 2.1 you can have 350 DE points by week 2 so why do you need the mod?

desmod
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby desmod » 15 Sep 2007, 05:52

Let me make some explanations. Usually I play HoF 2.1, XXL maps, against four PC players with random towns and so on and one human player. With the human player I have agreement - we don't attack each other until we crush all of the PC players. That don't give much of a choice about hit and run strategy. PC players in HoF 2.1 never retreat, they are fighting even with the last unit of the last stack. That is why I said that I fight to the death. The human player usually concentrate his army in one strong hero, which is kept for the end of the game and then he is even stronger. When we clear PC players, there is, in fact, only one winning battle. And it's consequences are irreversible. The player who lost his main army, and most important, his main hero, losing the game. Well if you have more than one high level town and big armies in it, there is possibility for retreat and return again with the same hero with new army. But usually that's not the case. And think about the huge amount of experience gained by the enemy hero. Oh and I forgot something. The human player usually is Grindan and usually (again ;) ) he plays necro. Until final battle he have HUGE army of raised necro units.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 15 Sep 2007, 07:37

@PhoenixReborn
I mean that it feels more honorable, your opponent won't be able to complain much if he loses without hit&run :D
- Metathron

Kildars
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kildars » 15 Sep 2007, 11:29

Excuse me gentlemen.
How do you play online? UBI.com? Or is there direct connection between players? If there's, maybe someone is willing to play with me...?

grindan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby grindan » 15 Sep 2007, 19:52

Kildars, we are playing through the local network, but u can play online with "Hamachi" (http://www.hamachi.cc/download/list.php).
The necros always find themselves with huge army in the late game. The first 2 weeks is a bit difficult to lose army in battle, then it becomes even harder (that is if you don't fight other players). The abilities to rise dead in battle and after battle, to transform any creature in necros equivalent, make them a real horror. I prefer to play with Vladimir and can rise very decent amount of died creatures with the rise dead spell. I think that's why desmod is so worried, because my army in the end is always inconvenient greater than his.

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 15 Sep 2007, 23:29

desmod wrote:Let me make some explanations. Usually I play HoF 2.1, XXL maps, against four PC players with random towns and so on and one human player. With the human player I have agreement - we don't attack each other until we crush all of the PC players. That don't give much of a choice about hit and run strategy. PC players in HoF 2.1 never retreat, they are fighting even with the last unit of the last stack. That is why I said that I fight to the death. The human player usually concentrate his army in one strong hero, which is kept for the end of the game and then he is even stronger. When we clear PC players, there is, in fact, only one winning battle. And it's consequences are irreversible. The player who lost his main army, and most important, his main hero, losing the game. Well if you have more than one high level town and big armies in it, there is possibility for retreat and return again with the same hero with new army. But usually that's not the case. And think about the huge amount of experience gained by the enemy hero. Oh and I forgot something. The human player usually is Grindan and usually (again ;) ) he plays necro. Until final battle he have HUGE army of raised necro units.
And there's half your problem, by allowing him to build his army... One had to get necro early, before he can build... :devious:
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Kildars
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kildars » 16 Sep 2007, 07:14

I once downloaded this Hamachi, but didn't know how to use...anyone willing to instruct me?
Thanks...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 17 Sep 2007, 10:47

I formatted my computer and lost Heroes 5, but I don't recall any difficulty taking down Necromancer. Necromancer has its unique abilities, but the other races have significant strengths that can compensate.

Can you give a more concrete statement of the problem? Like, why is it you're losing? Are you getting outmaneuveured on the adventure map, with (for example) your opponent having 5 castles to your 3, or him reaching Spectral Dragons while you've not built Shadow Dragons yet? Or did you play well, match your opponent on the adventure map but still lose on the combat field? If so, why are you losing, why can't you use Dungeon's awesome destructive magics to at least stand a fair chance?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 17 Sep 2007, 12:50

One example of hit and run would be to buy back one of the AI heroes, send it in with 7 assassins, shoot off a couple of destructive spells and flee.

Even if you can't flee because of shackles you'll have done some damage. Not much experience to be gained there.

I just wanted to make clear that hit and run has to do with you retreating and nothing to do with the computer retreating or not retreating.

I would also get rid of the agreement to not attack until ai is dead, but if those are the rules...
Usually I play HoF 2.1, XXL maps
What are the map names?

desmod
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby desmod » 18 Sep 2007, 13:51

It's very good idea, but if you are lucky enough to find high level hero in tavern. I'll try it. Thanks . :)

@Banedon
Random maps on heroic.
I'm not sure about the reason of my loses. I always succeed in building Capitol at the end of the second week. and usually I get Dragons at the end of the third week. My hero is equal to necro hero in the final battle, I always get a lot of good artifacts and have high primary skills, so in my opinion my only weakness is the army amount. Well may be I'm not "mobile" enough.

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 18 Sep 2007, 14:03

Black dragons 8| wow... in heroic by the 3rd week? How?

desmod
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby desmod » 19 Sep 2007, 09:22

sorry, not black, but Shadow Dragons. I've changed my post.

Ascetic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ascetic » 22 Sep 2007, 08:30

I've committed some serious mayhem with Inferno vs Necropolis. Eat the corpses before they get raised, use the Pit Fiends to blast the ranks and then teleport them in to mop up (I'm very fond of Grok). I often have defence and luck skills, so my damage dealing and soaking is pretty good.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”