HoF Custom Map Recommendations

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

HoF Custom Map Recommendations

Unread postby Psychobabble » 06 Sep 2007, 08:36

I very nearly announced my retirement a couple of weeks ago after so many months of inactivity, but then I got HoF. I'm just about to fire up H5 for the first time in AGES :).

Anyway, I was just wondering if people could recommend some custom maps to play, I might get around to actually doing some reviews. Please don't recommend epic XL maps, my system doesn't like them, I don't like them and I don't have the time for them anyway ;).

Thanks!

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 06 Sep 2007, 09:00

3 Authors that I suggest, all have turned out very good maps recently: They are my brother Sarvi, (who I do most of the testing for) Mythrynn and Grumpy Old Wizard whose last map (Shadow Dreams) is one of the best I've played...... :D
Last edited by Wurtzel on 06 Sep 2007, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

smith-b-d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby smith-b-d » 06 Sep 2007, 10:33

Try the campaign LotA, im liking it so far... it seems very well done.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 06 Sep 2007, 16:32

played Mythryyn's "Fury of the Elements" this weekend. Very good.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Sep 2007, 17:28

One feature that I find nice is that even if you go back and play maps designed for 1.5 you can still get random artifacts that are expansion and you the expansion creatures will appear as neutrals. All that is missing are the new buildings.

Most of the suggestions here have been rpg maps, is that your preference?

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 06 Sep 2007, 21:35

Wurtzel wrote:3 Authors that I suggest, all have turned out very good maps recently: They are my brother Sarvi, (who I do most of the testing for) Mythrynn and Grumpy Old Wizard whose last map (Shadow Dreams) is one of the best I've played...... :D
I really liked Sarvi's H4 maps, which is his best H5 map in your op?

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 06 Sep 2007, 23:50

I would say his latest map, called "Sorcerers Isle" is prob his best, mainly because the zip file contains 2 formats, one for single/multiplayer mode, the other for 2 players in allied hot-seat mode. (A rareity now days) That map was submitted to Celestial Heavens 4 weeks ago and has still not been made available for download, maybe you could speed things up a bit??? Of his previous 2 maps, Lyonesse and Rumple's Quest, tis hard to seperate them... Incidently 2 of the above maps are inspired by books, authors are Jack Vance and Raymond Feist... :)
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

smith-b-d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby smith-b-d » 07 Sep 2007, 03:39

Wurtzel wrote:... and Raymond Feist... :)
Thats ironic, i was just thinking the other day that i would like to see that map made :)

edit:
by that i meant these maps:
- http://crydee.sai.msu.ru/REF/novindus.jpg
- http://crydee.sai.msu.ru/REF/kelewan.jpg
- http://crydee.sai.msu.ru/REF/midkemia.jpg

Ohma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ohma » 12 Sep 2007, 15:16

Well, as long as people are reccomending maps, can anyone reccomend a good 2v2 map for my friend (who recently bought HV & HoF, which I have been pleasantly surprised to find more enjoyable than vanilla HV was for me...but still has waaaaaay too few maps) and I? Preferrably larger than the small-medium map we played last night (where we were in a "secret" alliance because the gorram game wouldn't just let us ally the comp. against us).
Free IO!!
Cheng I Sao r0xx0rz my 50xx0rz!!
Glory to the Many!
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." -Pravin Lal
We're *ALL* Devo!

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 13 Sep 2007, 18:35

@PB:
I don't know if the map has been revised after playtests, but Lord Garrick Stalhrad by Myythryyn looked very promising
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 13 Sep 2007, 19:18

Ohma

I did this search

VS search

I can recommend Islands of Wonder, it was a good map. Just hunt around that site and you'll soon find all the allied maps available.

It is also possible to change maps in the map editor to be allied.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”