Ultimate ability

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ultimate ability

Unread postby bethrezen » 04 Sep 2007, 07:05

I never reach such a level to get a ultimate ability...

Tell me pls some maps where i can get an ultimate skill for some factions (i would prefer inferno or sylvan)...
I don't have Hammers of Fate...

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 04 Sep 2007, 07:07

And i need some tips what skill should i get first..if there is such tips..i use skill whell from this site for info!

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 04 Sep 2007, 16:30

Check out Aurelain's Skill Wheel here at CH - make sure you select the proper class and there you are. :)

Try playing campaigns - IIRC most of the main heroes except Findan in Sylvan campaign are able to get the ultimate ability. Another question is - is it really worth it.

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 05 Sep 2007, 10:59

I have finish the campaigns twice until now..but i never manage to obtain an ultimate skill...i wonder if there are some maps where i can get those with less effort !!

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 05 Sep 2007, 11:06

Edit one. Put lots of trees of the ancients, that give free lvl ups and there u go.

Or better yet, try one of the mods that make it easier to get.
You can find the mod in the mod section of our site.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Sep 2007, 11:30

Or use a sphinx that gives about 100k experience :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Sep 2007, 13:07

duel for professionals (not against AI).

Four Kingdoms (lot's of knowledge trees)

Isles of Terra (enormous map in the shape of the world of MM3.)

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 05 Sep 2007, 14:11

Thanks i will try those maps...

By the way what ultimate skill do you think is worth? I think inferno's is nice to have !

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Sep 2007, 15:33

All of them are great, except Haven's but the question is - will you be happy with the required skills that you have to learn first before you can reach the ultimate. It might just not be worth it, there might be problems actually getting those skills, and you will probably get the ultimate skill in the end of the scenario/campaign where it won't matter anymore. Anyway, Sylvan ultimate is the best. :)

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 05 Sep 2007, 16:12

You should reach high enough level in my HOMM5 standard map "Seize The Throne" (extra large, all factions playable.)

My map currently in playtesting ("Shadow Dreams") is a large HOF map with Haven, Academy, Sylvan, and Fortress playable if you wind up getting HOF (or TOTE.) You should reach level 33 or so. I'm awaiting completion by a couple of playtesters to release the final version.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Maps that will allow erning the Ultimate

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 05 Sep 2007, 16:54

Try a map called Dragon Slayer. It's big enough and there are all Neutral stacks to contend with.

As an aside, I have played and gotten both Sylvan and Inferno. Sylvan is the best. Inferno allows instant gating which puts your troop in the face of the enemy but not necessarily up to attack. While this isn't your actual army, you could loose the whole gated stack without having a chance to use them. Now you have to fight with your own troops and gained nothing from the gating.

There is an ability called "Teleport Assault" which puts your own troop in the face of the enemy AND they have the first strike. I'm not sure which faction gets this.

There is a map called Double Futa which has an ability called Time Shift which is really great. You get the opening shot and selecting this ability you can select the next stack to act, allowing you to select your best shot. I have never seen this ability anywhere else.

Just some things to consider...

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Re: Maps that will allow erning the Ultimate

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 05 Sep 2007, 18:08

Ed Robinson wrote: There is an ability called "Teleport Assault" which puts your own troop in the face of the enemy AND they have the first strike. I'm not sure which faction gets this.
I think the Inferno can learn Teleport Assault. Might be wrong.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Sep 2007, 18:12

Looking forward to it GOW :)
- Metathron

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 06 Sep 2007, 00:15

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:You should reach high enough level in my HOMM5 standard map "Seize The Throne" (extra large, all factions playable.)

My map currently in playtesting ("Shadow Dreams") is a large HOF map with Haven, Academy, Sylvan, and Fortress playable if you wind up getting HOF (or TOTE.) You should reach level 33 or so. I'm awaiting completion by a couple of playtesters to release the final version.

GOW
Hi Grumpy, have played your map (Shadow Dreams) 3 times, Sylvan, Fortress and Academy and have fallen agnonizingly close to their ultimates.. Have made sure that I've visited all the level trees and wiped out everything on the map with the starting hero and have found I can only reach level 31 at the most... In all 3 cases, I was unlucky to have that vital skill only offered very late.. Oh well, by the time one gets the ultimate on this map, the game is practically over... All in all, one of my favourite maps, so well done... :) Incidently have play all on the hard level. :hoo:
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 10 Sep 2007, 10:53

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:You should reach high enough level in my HOMM5 standard map "Seize The Throne" (extra large, all factions playable.)

GOW
All this week end i try to play Seize The Throne ...very nice map indeed, but the other 5 computer players turn last too long!!

After one month, one turn of computers it last to my computer more that 1-2 minutes...i give up to play...

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 10 Sep 2007, 13:57

first you should try to get all the skills

let's say you play as inferno, and you leveled up, your offered:

logistic's
war machines
soldiers luck
tactics

well tactics and war machines fall of cuz you don't need them for the ultimate
but you need both logistic's and tactic's, in this case you should choose logistic's because then your sure you have that skill
let say you choose soldiers luck, a level later your offered:

destructive magic
sorcery
tactics
archery

then your screwed
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 10 Sep 2007, 14:11

I know that...but it happend to give me 2 abilites that no one are needed...and the only solution is to restart map(that on high level heroes)

In heroes 4 when i load a game the skills offered change each time...

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Sep 2007, 14:19

In the inferno campaign I was forced to take destructive in the last level where I'd get the ultimate :S And in the next 2 lvl ups I did not get the last requirement either. That hurt.

Better to take the required abilities early while you are sure to get them.
- Metathron

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 10 Sep 2007, 16:44

I am currently playing a map titled "Playground of the Gods". It is huge. I am maybe 1/2 way through it and have 2 level 31 heroes. One I started with Deleb (Inferno AKA Felina). I followed the skill wheel but was never offered the necessary luck or logistics skills to get the ultimate. The other I hired from the tavern and he (Dungeon - Adjit?) already had 2 skills that limited him from the ultimate.

That said, this could be the map for you. It does, however, play slowly and I haven't had the same problem with any other map.

Good luck, Ed

godlyatheist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby godlyatheist » 14 Sep 2007, 21:28

Battle for Androna and Playground of the gods, but they are slow maps

Try the enigma, easily reach your desired ultimate. Very fun for warlocks, I got to 50+ sp :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”