Legends of the Ancients and Lot A

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

Legends of the Ancients and Lot A

Unread postby saugeen » 21 Aug 2007, 19:13

I have a couple of questions regarding Legends of the Ancients and Lot A.
The other day I wanted to play a scenario in the HoMM5 standard and I noticed the regular H5 campaigns were replaced by Legends of the Ancients. Was this suppose to happen? what do I do if I want to play the H5 campaigns. If I uninstall the Legends of the Ancients and etc. The Hammers of Fate and HoMM5 campaigns will still be there, right? unchanged. I won't have to replay those campaigns? Will I have to uninstall the Legends of the Ancients and etc, before I install Tribes of the East (when its available that is)? Now if I reinstall LoA and etc. will I have to replay the campaigns in book 1, before can play the book 2 campaigns? I hope I made myself clear.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 22 Aug 2007, 08:04

Everything is explained in the readme file... Really, if it's called "Read me" in the imperative tense it's for a reason...
The other day I wanted to play a scenario in the HoMM5 standard and I noticed the regular H5 campaigns were replaced by Legends of the Ancients. Was this suppose to happen?
I can't see how you played LotA to begin with if you never went to the Campaigns menu before...
If I uninstall the Legends of the Ancients and etc. The Hammers of Fate and HoMM5 campaigns will still be there, right? unchanged. I won't have to replay those campaigns?
When you remove LotA (by removing the .h5m files from your Maps directory, or at least the lota-data.h5m) your H5 will be back to normal. About your saved games, that's why I recommended (in the readme, again) to create a new profile to play LotA...
Will I have to uninstall the Legends of the Ancients and etc, before I install Tribes of the East (when its available that is)?
Probably.
Now if I reinstall LoA and etc. will I have to replay the campaigns in book 1, before can play the book 2 campaigns?
Not as long as you didn't remove the profile you created for LotA - or erased it by playing the campaigns of the original game on that profile.

But then again... Read the readme file, please !

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 22 Aug 2007, 20:03

Marzhin wrote: But then again... Read the readme file, please !
You stole the words from my mouths.
I don't understand... why is it so difficult to read the readme...
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

tumorbane
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby tumorbane » 23 Aug 2007, 15:21

Sauron wrote:
Marzhin wrote: But then again... Read the readme file, please !
You stole the words from my mouths.
I don't understand... why is it so difficult to read the readme...
It's like crying "wolf." A lot of readme files don't say anything important, so a lot of people get in the habit of not reading them. This time the information recommending creating a separate profile is pretty important so oh well.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 23 Aug 2007, 15:25

Half of readme's I read had something important in theme. More then once, I got screwed because I didn't read one.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

read me instructions

Unread postby saugeen » 23 Aug 2007, 16:19

I read the read me properly now. Is it too late to make a new profile for LoTA? I will uninstall LotA before The Tribes of the East is installed.

saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

Profile for LotA

Unread postby saugeen » 24 Aug 2007, 00:09

This may sound stupid but I don't know how to make a profile for LotA. I am not as computer savy as many people in this forum are. Therefore I need some instructions to make a new profile.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Profile for LotA

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 24 Aug 2007, 00:26

saugeen wrote:This may sound stupid but I don't know how to make a profile for LotA. I am not as computer savy as many people in this forum are. Therefore I need some instructions to make a new profile.
To create a new profile you need to push the 'change' button on the opening screen. This will allow you to type in a new name for a new profile which you can then select.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”