LotA book 1, campaign walkthrough.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
loran16
Peasant
Peasant

LotA book 1, campaign walkthrough.

Unread postby loran16 » 18 Aug 2007, 19:50

Having already beaten each mission, im going through it again in heroic.

I'll be writing a walkthrough as i go through each mission. I don't know how to get map pics like there are in the walkthroughs on the main site, but anyhow, here we go.

NOTE: I'll be buildng up Malluster so as to get the ultimate, urgath's call, in the last mission, makinig it a piece of cake. Follow your own path if you want.

Mission 1-
Objectives:
Malluster Must Survive
Sieze 5 towns by the first day of month 2.
The Omega Hive Must Not Be Captured.

You get choices of bonuses of 10 cerberi, 6 succubi mistresses, and 1 pit lord. Take the range fighters, they'll be the most help at getting through the mission in the manner below, which requires limiting casualties.

The hut of the magi shows you the neutral towns below ground, and 1 above ground purple town. So you can go about taking the neutral towns, or going after purple, who's likely to put up more resistance.

I don't know about lower difficulties, but on heroic with your lmited resources, this mission can only be taken the 2nd way, going immediately above ground. Purple actually has 5 towns aboveground, all which are connected by clear paths.

Move to the stairway downstairs after recruiting from the town and from the two dwellings. You should have like 50 horned demons and 60 familiars (i upgraded the imp structure and combined imp and familiar stacks on day 1). Go around, and capture the 1st town. Following the path to the west, there should be a witch's hut. There's 2 in this map, 1 of which is likely to have a skill needed for the ultimate. In this case, i obtained advanced dark magic from this hut. Anyhow, head up north once the path presents itself. You should be able to take out the northern town before week 1 is over.

Head down to the southwest, where there's a 2nd town as well as a witch's hut. Make sure to save before hitting the huts, in case you get a skill you don't want (in my map, i got sorcery....not what i wanted.) Youll notice in the west-middle of the map, there's a town there. Ignore it for now, and head to the south-west. Take the castle there. It should be still a little easy. Then head back up north, following the path to the west castle we saw earlier.

Finally, follow the path, west, and go up north, you're going to the northwest, where purple's last, and most built up castle is. In my case, purple had 12 vampires, 36 skellie archers, 30 plague zombies, and 11 ghosts. If you've conserved troops well, thisi shouldnt be a problem, and you couldve recruited from one of the castles earlier if you took it during a recruitinig day.

Voila, mission objectives complete, within less than 2 weeks. Now you have 2 weeks to build up mage guilds, and hit stat modifiers. Try and get malluster as powerful and leveled up as possible, and when 1 month ends, mission accomplished.

Rest of the missions coming afterwards.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 18 Aug 2007, 20:10

Good idea, I'll be sure to take a look if I encounter problems.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 18 Aug 2007, 20:30

Good walkthrough :)
AS should post this on his site ;)
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

loran16
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby loran16 » 20 Aug 2007, 19:36

NOTE: I forgot to include it in the last post, but you should more or less always de-equip armageddon's blade, unless you are using only necro troops . I never did this, and the -2 morale hit is not worth the benefits of the sword.

Mission 2:
Objectives:
Malluster Must Survive
Gauldoth must be Defeated.

Pick the Hell Chargers, they're better suited for our strategy on this mission. The artifact's nice too, but the chargers suit this walkthrough's strategy better.

You face 2 opponents here. Green is gauldoth, who's waiting in his castle for you to find him. Purple is his forces, consisting of 2 necro castles and one haven castle. This weaker base than last mission means you're more likely to be able to deal with them if you decide to build up your inferno forces a bit, but on heroic (which i'm doing this on), you have limited resources.

As such, our strategy will be similar to the last mission. Take Malluster north from your inferno, heading directly for the northeast corner. On the way you should spy around the middle a witch hut. Both times i've played this map, its given me attack, a nice skill that's also needed for the ultimate. You should save before you take the hut as usual, just in case you get something you don't want.

In the Northeast, there's the first necro castle, nekorrum. You should hit it on day 4-5. The forces there consist of like 9ghosts, 5 vampires, 30 skellie archers, 20 zombies and a level 1 hero in a citadel. Should be an easy battle for you right now. Nekorrum has a capital built in it already, which is a great boon to your economy.

Now immediately head down toward the witch hut to the middle of the map heading toward the center of the map. There's the 2nd necro castle there, with similar forces on it to the first. You should take it by the end of day 1 of the 2nd week.

At this point, purple's last castle is a haven one, so they havent' really built it. Head west along the road, and take the road south. You will see the haven town. It's forces are essentially comprised only of those of hired heros, and it should be easy to take out by day 3 of week 2.

Now purple is eliminated, givin us all the time we need to finish the mission. Build up your inferno troops, flagging mines as you go. Building up the mage guilds to increase malluster's spells is highly advised as well. Personally, i leveled malluster near the cap before going further but that's just me. There's also a 2nd witch's hut by the haven town, so look into that.

If you're curious, use the tavern's thieves guild to take a look at gauldoth's forces. They don't grow, so you should have a good idea if you're ready or not.

Head to the bottom left corner, you'll come into contact with 2 strong garrisons. Take em out, and you'll be assigned a quest to get a necromancer's helm, guarded by a large group of liches. There's also a cartographer nearby. Get the helm, and take the 1-way portal back to get your reward.

Next head up to the top-right, and take the portal to the next quest building. You'll have to get the moonblade from the druid's in the middle bottom of the map. Once again an easy fight. There's a sylvanna's ancient right next to the druids, so hit it if you havent reached the cap. Return the blade to the building to get the 2nd key artifact reward.

Now, build up your forces, and get malluster to the cap if you want (level 20). When ready, head to the final quest building in the middle-top of the map, and you'll be teleported to face gauldoth.

This should be an easy fight.

Well that's all we'll be seeing of malluster for a few missions. For those curious on my progress, My Malluster had the following Skills:
Expert Gating-Consume corpse, mark of the damned.
Expert Attack-Battle Frenzy, Excruciating strike, power of speed
Expert Luck-Soldier's Luck, Swarming Gate, Dead Man's Curse
Expert Dark-Master of Mind, Weakening Strike, Dark Renewal
Advanced Logistics, Pathfinding.

I'm 4 levels away from hitting the Ultimate at level 24. And i have every necessary dark spell.

loran16
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby loran16 » 25 Aug 2007, 04:45

Mission 2 walkthrough complete....any comments or things that i missed?

Mission 3 should be more interesting, as its the most difficult of them all.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”