Can't download patch 1.4

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Can't download patch 1.4

Unread postby NickMP » 12 Aug 2007, 20:28

I have the European (manual gives prices for support calls in £s and a Surrey, UK edition for returns) limited edition and was able last year to download the first 3 patches and play the campaign up to the Vampire Lord - my current version appears as 1.3. I then got sidetracked by real life and have just returned to it - I've bought the Hammers expansion, but would like to finish the scenarios first.
I see I've missed several patches simce then, so i tried to download 1.4 from the ubi patch forum, as linked from Celestial Heavens' patch section. However, it downloads 12 Mb (a tenth of the expected size) and then says the file is corrupt. Just in case I've misremembered and the 'limited' edition is not the same as the collector's edition, I've tried downloading the regular European 1.4. same result.
Does anyone have any suggestions for what I could try?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Aug 2007, 20:32

An obvious question, but did you try the game update that came with the first patch, that has always worked for me.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 12 Aug 2007, 20:37

jeff wrote:An obvious question, but did you try the game update that came with the first patch, that has always worked for me.
Er...it's such a long time ago that I don't recall this. I presumably downloaded it when I downloaded the patch...how is it accessed?

Thanks for the help!

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 13 Aug 2007, 11:25

Also you may want to check which auto-updater you are using as HOF uses its own updater... As they are both called "check for updates" the easiest way to use the right one is; go to your start menu, all programs, ubisoft, and from the heroes menu select which game you wish to update... (HOF or HOMM5)
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Aug 2007, 13:47

NickMP wrote:
jeff wrote:An obvious question, but did you try the game update that came with the first patch, that has always worked for me.
Er...it's such a long time ago that I don't recall this. I presumably downloaded it when I downloaded the patch...how is it accessed?

Thanks for the help!
It is in the program folder just click start go to prgrams Ubisoft Heroes 5 and look for the game update link.

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 13 Aug 2007, 22:50

It worked! You're a genius! Thank you so much. :)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Aug 2007, 23:57

Glad everything is working for you. :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”