Patches???

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Bahototh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patches???

Unread postby Bahototh » 11 Aug 2007, 20:35

I re-installed Heroes V + HoF. Now I want to patch with 2.1.
I try to click on the link for 2.1 patch, and I get a screen with info about 1.5??? Do I have to patch 1.4, 1.41 and so on...even though I have HoF installed?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 11 Aug 2007, 20:53

Try here then. No just 2.1 - the rest are for the original H5.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

jeff

Re: Patches???

Unread postby jeff » 11 Aug 2007, 21:31

Bahototh wrote:I re-installed Heroes V + HoF. Now I want to patch with 2.1.
I try to click on the link for 2.1 patch, and I get a screen with info about 1.5??? Do I have to patch 1.4, 1.41 and so on...even though I have HoF installed?
To update to 1.5, yes 1.4 and 1.41 in that order must be done first. If updating HOF I don't believe those are needed, but since the basic game must be installed to install HOF there may be some dependency there. ;|

Hopefully if UBI ever does another patch, they will get a clue and do a wrap up so you can go from 1.0 to 1.6 without all those in between and go from 2.0 to 2.2. Wait did I say UBI gets a clue :loll: , sometimes I just crack myself up.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 11 Aug 2007, 21:45

That would involve 2 patches, a small from 1.5 to 1.6 and a large from 1.0 to 1.6. More work multiplied by numerous versions = not gonna happen.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Aug 2007, 22:52

Elvin wrote:That would involve 2 patches, a small from 1.5 to 1.6 and a large from 1.0 to 1.6. More work multiplied by numerous versions = not gonna happen.
Not if they did it right and have 1.6 simply overwrite all files that were updated previously by the various patches, but a smaller patch to go from 1.5 to 1.6 would make sense. The file 1.0 to 1.6 would be large, but they have been large anyway, the fact they have been doing piecemeal patches is one reason you have to apply all of them. So having one to update all would seem to be more efficient. Wait I did it again I said if they did it right :loll:, I simply must remember who I'm talking about.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Return to “Heroes V-VI”