Warhammer of Might and Magic

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Aug 2007, 13:46

Same here ;)

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 11 Aug 2007, 16:15

Eventually :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 11 Aug 2007, 16:45

Omega_Destroyer wrote:They did do their job and they made a good game.
Then i take my words back

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Sep 2007, 20:31

This one's from the "to be released in the future" WH Online:

I wonder if she has a double attack ability.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Sep 2007, 20:49

Omg they are copying heroes!!!
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 24 Sep 2007, 20:55

May a thousand vultures pluck out the thousand lies that make up your statement Elvin! ;)
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 25 Sep 2007, 02:29

Corribus wrote:
:lolu: Pls, H3's war was way more realistic then Isabel's run around the countryside being retarded. The presentation just made it unbearable....
H3's presentation wasn't much better
I'm not anyone to be overly-defending H3, but that statement really deserves a lot of backing. H5's presentation consists entirely of bad voice acting reading atrocious dialogue with fugly characters that cast random spells for no reason whatsoever whose lips don't move. Not only that, but it had almost nothing in the way of text pop-ups.

H3, as I remember, had decent voice-acting reading dialogue written far above the elementary-school level with decent-looking characters and living backgrounds, and a fair amount of well-written, meaningful text.

I'd have to read a couple dozen books on propaganda to attempt to cast that as "not much better."

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 25 Sep 2007, 03:02

Darmani wrote: Not only that, but it [h5] had almost nothing in the way of text pop-ups.
And I'm certainly not going to defend the hammy/cheesy cutscenes...but I will say there is text at the bottom of the screen and also when you click on mission objectives you get plenty of descriptive text. So what if it isn't in a pop-up window? Which is also something available in h5 just look at GOW's shadow dreams.

Anyway the point remains. Dungeon art is certainly a copy of warhammer.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Sep 2007, 07:36

Elvin wrote:Omg they are copying heroes!!!
You don't know how much WH Online is inluenced by HV :devil:

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 25 Sep 2007, 11:53

PhoenixReborn wrote:I will say there is text at the bottom of the screen and also when you click on mission objectives you get plenty of descriptive text. So what if it isn't in a pop-up window? Which is also something available in h5 just look at GOW's shadow dreams.
Well, there is some descriptive text, but not for the same purpose. I must admit I quite appreciate the descriptive text for the creatures, but the mission objectives just give a short description about...your objectives with a teeny bit of flavor thrown in. Text isn't used at all to advance the plot or develop characters or describe scenes in good detail or to give much in the way of backstory (creature backstories excluded [town backstories included; note that I said "much in the way of backstory," not "no backstroy at all]) or...any of the things that made earlier's text so great.

Of course, I am well aware that HV can do pop-up windows, but in the campaigns they're primarily used to say "This is the Adventure Map. Click on those peasants there and then "Accept" when they offer to join you."

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 25 Sep 2007, 12:19

Either WH and H5 are copying one another or they have a same artist.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Sep 2007, 12:21

Darmani wrote: I'd have to read a couple dozen books on propaganda to attempt to cast that as "not much better."
That's only because you are under the mistaken impression that backing something up with logical arguments makes more of an impact then just stating it out right.

PhoenixReborn wrote:Dungeon art is certainly a copy of warhammer.
If it was only Dungeon...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

punky_
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby punky_ » 11 Oct 2007, 07:33

r u guys sure that they don't have the license to use those graphics ?
not that i am sure just asking :P

and btw the game is built awfull .... if they don't had time for graphic designing i don't understand why is the engine so BAD....
In the arena of human life the honours and rewards fall to those who show their good qualities.

~Aristotle~

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 11 Oct 2007, 12:44

Good god, what blatant plagiarism. You need to take a really close look to realize that the dark elves from the first post are not in fact the ones from HoMM V. There are more than striking similarities with the other factions as well (monk, vampire, the dwarves), the only one I don't see a connection with are the elves/sylvan.

How have there not been copyright issues over this?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2007, 15:34

Metathron wrote: the only one I don't see a connection with are the elves/sylvan.
You're not looking hard enough... and the current Wood Elf models are a bit more different, look at some older WH images.

Metathron wrote: How have there not been copyright issues over this?
same reason D&D didn't sue every fantasy game ever made... they might have made it cool, but they didn't really invent it (with a few exceptions, like the Illithid/Mind Flayer)...

plus, seeing how the Tyranids got a bit more like the Zerg in design after Starcraft came out and the Tau have a few visual traits in common with the Protoss i'd say that GW isn't really against this kind of thing... it's just that i find it distasteful for them to scrap the old world in favor of a WH clone.
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 11 Oct 2007, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 11 Oct 2007, 15:37

I always thought the Protoss resembeld the Eldar more than the Tau. Must just be me.
Last edited by Omega_Destroyer on 11 Oct 2007, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2007, 15:50

i meant physically... and in terms of organization a bit, with the caste systems... you know, the things that make Protoss different from the Eldar...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Dec 2007, 00:06

2 classic Treemen:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jan 2008, 11:24

And here's a man on an elephant:
Image\\
Taken from here: http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Arabian_Army_List

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 28 Jan 2008, 11:38

well dark elves have striking resemblance to warhmmers DE. Altough i am not fan of wh universe i browsed upcoming warhammer online and withc elf is 1:1 as dark elf blood maiden. While with other races i dont see much similarity at least no more than with some D&D universe games.
And we've seen this all along the game's development: 14515234 dragons in the game, each one with fire breath as level 7 unit, unoriginal skills and redundant ones, bugs, typos and grammar errors all over the place. This can only mean one thing: SLOPPY.
Well thats just nitpicking. 1st they have only 2 dragons in classical meaning and both of them were featured in h3 in bit different meaning. Skeletal dragon and magma one isnt realy simple. Also they are simply folowing previous homm game and they featured similar units. 2nd Under this logic homm 3 is worst game ever. It has : black, gold, ghost, faerie, rust, crystal and azure. And all they have breath attacks expect farie and crystal one.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”