LotA - Map 3 - End of Peace

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Dabrinko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

LotA - Map 3 - End of Peace

Unread postby Dabrinko » 01 Aug 2007, 20:08

I have restarted this map more than 10 times.

Lysander comes and kicks me in the butt once a week, leaving me with diminished armies. When I finally get past the two month limit, Alustar comes with 25 Archdevils and 40 Pitfiends (among other things) and kicks my ass.

So, give me success stories, how do you do on this friggin map?

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 01 Aug 2007, 20:21

Mmm, have you utilized the Wizard Hut to keep an eye on him? Also build up your armies as much as you can and stick to the towns—f.ex have Solmyr come out a bit, then when Lysander comes close have him zip back into town and have Emila come out to taunt Lysander from an appropriate distance, always keeping out of reach and only engaging him in siege (if at all) so you have the towers to back you up. IIRC I also tried to build up my defenses enough that Malustar didn’t want to engage in siege, and get him to go after Lysander first to whittle down his forces, but I can’t remember how well that worked.

Dabrinko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dabrinko » 01 Aug 2007, 20:55

Okay...

In my most successful run, Lysander didn't go to any of the academy towns first, but took the Fortress instead. Should I keep it? (of course, but is it worth it?)

The main trouble is that IF he goes to the small Academy town and engages in a siege battle there, Solmyr won't make it. I guess it's possible to "taunt" as you say, with Emilia.

So keep Solmyr at the small town (or in the vincinity). Good advice.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 02 Aug 2007, 03:48

The entire map is a hide-and-seek game. I was able to take on Lysander by the 4th week without too many losses and then I focused on collecting power-ups for Solymr. Emilia, on the other hand had the main army and was busy hunting down Lysander.

IMO, it's very important to capture Academy dwellings and funnel them to the main army. Logistic is also important as you can't afford to be caught by Lysander early on.

Dabrinko
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dabrinko » 02 Aug 2007, 08:51

Ah, no wonder my initial strategy didn't work.

Just realized that Lysander doesn't "recuperate", he just respawns with a new (and bigger) army when he's defeated.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 Aug 2007, 08:53

I was actually fearing the map would be too easy ^^' But as it seems many people have troubles with it, I will make it less difficult for the next version 1.1 (soon™ :)) That will also correct the "sequence-breaking bug" in map 5 and a few other things here and there.

Bahototh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

End of peace

Unread postby Bahototh » 02 Aug 2007, 12:09

I gave all troops to Solmyr, and Emilia stayed inside the city. He won't attack your main city, at least the first month or so. A few extra heroes to gather troops+resources...

I tried it a few times and the time I made it, Malustar went for Lysander's army first.

loran16
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby loran16 » 02 Aug 2007, 13:52

Is Maluster in this mission the same malluster you build up in missions 1 and 2?

If so, that'll make me sad....i hate building up a character only for him to be a boss.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 02 Aug 2007, 14:38

loran16 wrote:Is Maluster in this mission the same malluster you build up in missions 1 and 2?
No ;) I hate that too :)

loran16
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby loran16 » 02 Aug 2007, 15:34

Marzhin wrote:
loran16 wrote:Is Maluster in this mission the same malluster you build up in missions 1 and 2?
No ;) I hate that too :)
Good. I was having nightmares as i was building him up for urgath's call (fairly easy...even found a favorable witch's hut!), and i had nightmares of having to fight against that....yikes!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”