Heroes V skills/abilities

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Feb 2006, 15:00

RK wrote:So what's everyone's favorite skill tree?
I'm going all the way to Luck with Preserve B-)
Oh I like chose and pick, there are some very interesting ways to go....*checking*......decision made I'll go for Defencesive Sylvan Ranger with Thoughness as first ability then Last stand followed up by Protection, Evasion, Road Home, Imbue Arrow and ofcourse focusing on gettin Expert Defence ASAP and adding some air, earth and summoning magic for supporting power.
Im a somewhat defensive guy focusing more on protecting the towns of my and my allies while they are searching and raiding the enemy rather than exploring the most dangerous areas of the Adventure map with them, and if anyone forget to harvest loose resources around their town(s) and around my own town(s) I then calculate how much each can have. Lets say I have two allies and I collect 15 crystal I share 5 to each of us unless one need less crystals and one needs more etc ;)

Short said im more of a supporter and a careful explorer than offense focused. Still I have some other tricks other than what I just described, but I'll keep those tricks secret, its classified only for me :devious:

Bad Wolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bad Wolf » 01 Feb 2006, 15:45

Hmm well, I've also been playing since the subscription only open beta started, and with the follow up addition of hot-seat availability, I've seen a LOT of diffrent skills and abilities in action (or should I say in wrong/unacounted for action), as far as I could see only the REALLY basic abilities are working as of the Open Beta (which just means a LOT more to come :) ) but other then that, the whole system is great, with the possible addition, of abilities requiring certain skill levels (atm, all skills are available from basic which is just wrong for some of the more powerfull ones) and faction specific skills / ability combos are one heck of a replayability value.

The most used racial skill atm, (from my experiance only of course) is Necromancy, which is amazing considering there is no pre-requirement for the Raise Archer ability (switches the Necromancy skill to raising upgraded skeletons which are, as you all know shooters).
And the combination of Necromancy with War Machines actually produces one of the oddest abilities I could find yet, called Last Aid (which basically makes your First Aid Tent a weapon not to be trifled with :|).

The least used racial skill, at least for now, is Avanger.
Or maybe it is simply because I haven't got the hang of it yet.

Still all those skills and all those possible abilities and hopefully even more complex ones to be seen in the Retail version, makes this game's Hero development a TOP priority, which in my book is AWSOME!
The world is full of insanity, that has no cure. Labour to keep yourself stable, and your mind pure.
- Mid-Night Paladin

RK
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RK » 01 Feb 2006, 15:47

Sounds conservative ^^
I like the Lucky Explorer skill. It gives you gold and dozens of other resources bonus over the course of the game. Even chest of gold are affected.

It might seem small and silly to have a main hero job to pick every loose resources, but with that skill I managed to scrounge up enough resources for my dragon dwelling before the 2nd week's end.

Bad Wolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bad Wolf » 01 Feb 2006, 16:00

Yeah well about all that... :D
Hopefully the balance will be restored once Retail is out ! :)
The world is full of insanity, that has no cure. Labour to keep yourself stable, and your mind pure.
- Mid-Night Paladin

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Feb 2006, 07:16

RK wrote:Sounds conservative ^^
I like the Lucky Explorer skill. It gives you gold and dozens of other resources bonus over the course of the game. Even chest of gold are affected.

It might seem small and silly to have a main hero job to pick every loose resources, but with that skill I managed to scrounge up enough resources for my dragon dwelling before the 2nd week's end.
Hmm you played Dungeon? :)

The Sylvan avenger ability may along with Dungeons Elemental vision be a bit hard to understand in the beginning but sure they are interesting :hoo:

RK
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RK » 03 Feb 2006, 03:42

I dunno it just complicated matter too much for my liking. If you're unsure of something, might as well skip it. *is a lazy player* :baby:

True, avenger ability sounds overly powerful. But there are factors such as random creature stacks that are hard to predict. :) Besides that I see no weaknesses in Sylvan that is worth mentioning. If you've played hotseat, try the druid dwelling build on 7th day and suddenly the neutral stacks melted away without problems.

And luck is more than a sure thing to me. Aiming for the Absolute Luck Skill is something I definitely consider worthy of doing :D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”