combat skills

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

combat skills

Unread postby saugeen » 26 Jul 2007, 19:06

I usually use auto-combat when I the heroes games. I am not very good at doing combat manually, but sometimes it is necessary. So i need some suggestions to be effective, especially when fighting an army and hero this is stronger than my hero and army. Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated.

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Re: combat skills

Unread postby AngelEyes » 26 Jul 2007, 19:50

saugeen wrote:I usually use auto-combat when I the heroes games.
That's usually not a good idea, as you will often lose mana and a few troops even in battles that should be a cake walk (flyers are especially vulnerable to this). These small losses can add up in close games. When you go to fight that tough hero at the end, it can really come back to bite you. I would suggest not using auto-combat unless you have overwhelming odds in your favor.

That being said what kind army are you going up against in this particular battle? Do you have any good high level spells?

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 26 Jul 2007, 20:28

Everything depends on the exact circumstances of the battle so I'm not sure how easy it would be to give exact advice.

If you're playing against the AI then your best best is making sure that you have a better made hero than the AI hero. The AI may have more levels but your skills / abilities / etc. need to work well with each other.

For example it's fairly likely that you'll be able to cast MASS SPELLS while the AI won't because only you have the proper skills.

If your army has lots of shooting power [and not a lot of melee power] compared to the enemy then trying to get them to attack you while you're in your castle would be good. This will probably give your shooters a few extra turns to soften the AI up.

Do your best to use terrain to your advantage. If the enemy has lots of 2x2 creatures [or that's where most of his power is] then clever use of terrain may let you keep some of your "soft" toops alive longer because the enemy might not be able to actually use all of his large creatures to attack.

---------------------------------

On the other hand if you're playing a human then you're in deep trouble ... you've simply got to be a much better player than the other person if you a smaller army + hero that is lower in level ....

saugeen
Peasant
Peasant

re: combat skills

Unread postby saugeen » 26 Jul 2007, 21:43

At present I am playing Legends of the ancients - 3rd map. Which I have restarted many times. but near the end of the scenario an Inferno army arrives with a massive army. And at present I am working at building as large as possible army and building my Heroes skills as high as possible.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 26 Jul 2007, 21:59

when I get the game back I'll put some duel battels on youtube...
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Return to “Heroes V-VI”