AOH Petition!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

AOH Petition!

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jan 2006, 23:17

What's with tonight. Each time i log out something else comes along that need posting. After this i'm just going straith to bed.

Linky here!

What it's about:
World-Wide Petition - Save Heroes of Might and Magic 5

Quite a few players have now seen what the Heroes 5 open beta is like and those who haven't can get some idea here. Obviously this is the state of current game development of Heroes 5. There is just over a month left. The game needs to be thoroughly tested, features finalised, campaigns well made, AI improved etc. Then some time to produce the actual game bundles. Realistically, in about one month only partial improvements can be made and we might end up with another half-made game, with questionable follow-up patches, essential game features being shifted to expansions, etc.

This is a world wide petition to extend the development time by another two months so that we can have a Heroes 5 that gives rebirth to the HOMM series, instead of killing it by repeating mistakes of Heroes 4. This petition will be sent to Ubisoft. Let us all have a say for another two months and a well developed game.

Nuff said. Sleep time now. :tired:
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 24 Jan 2006, 23:30

Yeah, like two months sould be enough to change the game enough to please these people... :disagree:

Man, that was weird..
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 24 Jan 2006, 23:43

2 months probably doesn't make any difference, but I'm all for not rushing the game.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 24 Jan 2006, 23:55

Kalah wrote:Yeah, like two months sould be enough to change the game enough to please these people... :disagree:

Man, that was weird..
Sorry, don't get you here :D
What do you mean?

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 25 Jan 2006, 00:13

Well, I've got to agree with Val on this point. The open beta testers are only now seeing where the game stands, as a tester from the begining...I've seen how long it takes to make a certain amount of progress in certain aspects. And I can promise you that the current release date is nowhere near enough time to bring this game to where it should be. Anybody who's ever done an open beta test before can attest to the fact that while yes, it's not a demo, it IS usually polished to the point that it's VERY close to demo-quality. This version is nowhere NEAR demo quality. I mean we're talking about a few weeks of production time left here folks. In the open beta you haven't seen the AI (which was left out for GOOD reason), the campaigns, the ghost mode, single player mode, and many other features. Why is that do you think? Simple, they're not ready yet. They're still being worked on. This isn't simply my opinion....it's fact. I've seen these things in the closed beta. So to say that "they'll get it done, they've still got a few weeks"...just doesn't cut it. Nival already has everyone there working on the game....there's only so much that they can do in this limited amount of time. So to sum up.......

Sign the petition and let your voice be heard.....or see this series go out with a rather pitiful whimper.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 00:16

All I can say is:

I told you so!

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 25 Jan 2006, 00:43

And this after the other thread complaining about the phrase on Ubi's website: "get your hands on the game months before release."

There's a plural there, the only question is whether that's marketing hype or factual accuracy.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jan 2006, 00:44

Jerrie wrote:What do you mean?
You mean, what was weird? Well, I read some comments onto the petition, and people didn't seem to know what they were talking about.. One guy was missing good AI. Apparently he didn't know that the AI is disabled in the beta...

Anyway, I think Ubi will probably hold the release until they're actually ready. They don't want another H4 episode any more than we do.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jan 2006, 00:50

Kalah wrote:Apparently he didn't know that the AI is disabled in the beta...
So who controls the neutrals then?There are two AI types in heroes,a combat and an adventure one.

lord_crusader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lord_crusader » 25 Jan 2006, 00:51

Kalah wrote:
Jerrie wrote:What do you mean?
You mean, what was weird? Well, I read some comments onto the petition, and people didn't seem to know what they were talking about.. One guy was missing good AI. Apparently he didn't know that the AI is disabled in the beta...

Anyway, I think Ubi will probably hold the release until they're actually ready. They don't want another H4 episode any more than we do.
disable from the open beta but no from the first three pushes in the closed beta...
yay :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jan 2006, 01:07

Yeah, he was talking about the open one, wasn't he?

Merciless.Magal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Merciless.Magal » 25 Jan 2006, 01:11

i dont care to wait another year if that's what it takes for the game to be finish... what i dont want is that they fool me that it will be released in march.. than push back to april, then push back to may,than ... you get the idea... just come out and say we need more open beta time to test the game and that the game will not be released until Q3 of 2006 for example and ill be happy to know we are in the correct track.. i dont want a rushed game and i pray that we will have a great game and also Heroes VI, VII etc...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jan 2006, 01:14

Yeah that seems to be the consensus here...

lord_crusader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lord_crusader » 25 Jan 2006, 01:29

Kalah wrote:Yeah, he was talking about the open one, wasn't he?
Some of the guys there were in the closed beta since the beggining... and are from the open beta helpers... Labyrinth and chuckles for example...
yay :)

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jan 2006, 01:34

Yes, but he was talking about opinions from people who have recently gotten their hands on the open beta...
Quite a few players have now seen what the Heroes 5 open beta is like...

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Jan 2006, 02:08

I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”