Gamespy preview!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 26 Jan 2006, 05:22

DaemianLucifer wrote:
It gives an interesting sense of time-pressure and a whole new set of strategic considerations to the game.
You know,there is a game genre of real-time strategies,and in those games the above applies by default.If you have no patience to plan ahead,and take your time,then dont play TBS games :grumpy:

Well said! I've been arguing that for months, how Heroes never was and never should be about how fast you can finish a battle or game, but unfortunately it's fallen upon deaf ears.

IceCold2000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby IceCold2000 » 26 Jan 2006, 05:52

Pretty good description. I'm looking forward to the game soon!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 Jan 2006, 06:54

Ethric wrote:Don't take it to far, mkay.
Understood :tsup:

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jan 2006, 09:43

King Imp wrote: Well said! I've been arguing that for months, how Heroes never was and never should be about how fast you can finish a battle or game, but unfortunately it's fallen upon deaf ears.
It won't be. Playing with timer and dynamic battles will be an option, just as it always has been. Compare it with speed chess if you like- chess is also not "supposed" to be played fast, but there are those who like to do so. As long as you're not forced to do it, why complain?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Jan 2006, 10:08

Kareeah Indaga wrote: I think I did as well. And I agree with Thunder Titan as well: VERY uninformed. And very anti-H4. Either they were spoon-fed every word by the Marketing people or they were on very strong medication when they wrote it.
[sarcasm]Nah! He just let his personal opinions get in the way! [/sarcasm]
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 26 Jan 2006, 14:05

This guy obviously needed to write an clear amount of words... He didn't know what to put in...
Grah!

Suleman
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Suleman » 27 Jan 2006, 16:34

Also, Tycho from Penny-Arcade, http://www.penny-arcade.com has made some comments about the beta. I quess he's in, then. It is also the topic of the strip named "A Field With Virtually Unlimited Potential".

Hmm... Testers, do you agree with him?
"Yes, but what about David Beckham and the magic mushroom?"

I'm baaaaaack!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jan 2006, 16:44

Suleman wrote:Also, Tycho from Penny-Arcade, http://www.penny-arcade.com has made some comments about the beta. I quess he's in, then. It is also the topic of the strip named "A Field With Virtually Unlimited Potential".

Hmm... Testers, do you agree with him?
Damn. You beat me to it. :(
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Hurry Sundown
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Boulder Colorado: Steve Cossey 700 30th St.apt c2 Boulder CO 80303

Arzang

Unread postby Hurry Sundown » 27 Jan 2006, 16:44

I agre completly with you on HMM4 . Some wierd ideas - like melee thru castle wall, etc. and the AI just didn't live up to its IQ but over all "mikey likes it". I used it mainly for my own maps. In one scenario I made a super hero that could kill 50 black dragons with a finite supply of immortality drink- Steve
Steve Cossey

Return to “Heroes V-VI”